05-14-2022, 02:12 PM - 2 Likes   #4636
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

05-14-2022, 06:04 PM   #4637
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Arn Quote
We hit a pothole coming down to Hope from the Coquihalla. Damaged one wheel, scraped another, and tore part of the sidewall of a tire, so I thought I'd make a claim. Insurance said I had to contact the Highways maintenance people first, they denied any responsibility, so made a claim for a tire, a wheel, and a wheel repair.Who knew that the total would be about $2,500! Similar to Walt, it was about time to replace the tires, so did that too!
those 19" wheels are gorgeous... but the sidewall is barely there for the bad road conditions (after rain/snow)... both my cars are 17"; both older than 2013 models - yet if I'd were for a new car, based on the North East road conditions re salt and seasons, I'd run max 18" on SUV or 17" on sedans. Again, those 19" are beautiful!
05-14-2022, 11:09 PM   #4638
Pentaxian

I'm amazed to read those stories about potholes and damage. I haven't seen a single one in a hardened road surface over here. In Belgium there are a few, but that's it. Good luck with the roads over there. Nice wheels indeed!
05-14-2022, 11:39 PM   #4639
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
I'm amazed to read those stories about potholes and damage. I haven't seen a single one in a hardened road surface over here. In Belgium there are a few, but that's it. Good luck with the roads over there. Nice wheels indeed!
The freezing and thawing seem to cause a lot of the potholes - have to watch more carefully in March and April. The 19” wheels and tires are great for handling, but not so great on potholes, especially if the suspension is adjusted to firm.

05-15-2022, 09:33 AM - 1 Like   #4640
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A local road in Ventura County, Calif.
05-15-2022, 10:51 AM - 2 Likes   #4641
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A footpath rather than a street/road, but there have been images of smaller trails posted on this thread
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
05-22-2022, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #4642
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hiking the trails/roads at Hill Canyon, Calif.

06-01-2022, 01:09 PM - 1 Like   #4643
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A different version of a previously posted image...walking around Old Town Camarillo -

06-02-2022, 02:39 AM - 1 Like   #4644
Pentaxian

Lucky you. This is a tarmaced public road not far from me.

Q road par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
06-02-2022, 10:55 PM   #4645
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote

Uhuh, there's got to be some tarmac underneath all that mud and water ;-) Suspension and tyre repair shops will make a decent living, I guess.
06-02-2022, 11:04 PM - 1 Like   #4646
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Uhuh, there's got to be some tarmac underneath all that mud and water ;-) Suspension and tyre repair shops will make a decent living, I guess.
In the foreground you can see some.

There are very many trucks and vans here with ‘highway maintenance’ written on the back. If they stopped at the first problem they find out of the depot and fix it, very soon the roads would be in good order. I think they all think their calling in life is to fill up forms to fill up a warehouse full of filing cabinets.
06-03-2022, 09:54 AM   #4647
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

road runners
06-04-2022, 04:40 AM   #4648
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
In the foreground you can see some.

There are very many trucks and vans here with ‘highway maintenance’ written on the back. If they stopped at the first problem they find out of the depot and fix it, very soon the roads would be in good order. I think they all think their calling in life is to fill up forms to fill up a warehouse full of filing cabinets.
Very true. But those filing cabinets exist for a reason, right?
06-04-2022, 06:12 AM   #4649
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Very true. But those filing cabinets exist for a reason, right?
Yes, they have to look pretty, and so an army of people devote themselves to ensuring their contents are exactly prettily filled in forms.
06-04-2022, 12:31 PM   #4650
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote

Time for the community to attend a council meeting enmasse, and demand road taxes be put to good use, eh?