Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-18-2012, 07:16 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Challenge #81 winners

Well, I came to my decisions pretty quickly so here are the results. First though, thanks for all the entries -- it was a lot of fun looking at all the different takes on the original shot, and, as usual, picking a winner was difficult only because there were so many good choices. My top three are quite different from each other but do have a common element (as I see it), a particular (and very effective) balance between the interior and exterior parts of the shot. Here they are, in reverse order:

Second Runner-up: atupdate (Tim)

Tim usually manages to find an original humorous take and certainly does so here. On top of that, a very well executed "straight" treatment of color and dynamics, both interior and exterior.

First Runner-up: lebjohnson

Good job with the lens correction, and a nice nostalgic/gritty treatment of the exterior framing a nostalgic/warm treatment of the interior.

Winner: todd

This might have come from the pen (and mind) of the late Edward Gorey. Also the cropping and treatment brings the most interesting details of the interior to the forefront. Brilliant! As usual the winner's reward is that you get to host the next PP Challenge. I'm looking forward to it and I'm sure everyone else is too!

11-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow! great job on that image Todd!! Very creative and artistic. Congrats Jim and Lebjohnson on placing with such beautiful renditions. This was a great choice for an pp image baro-nite
11-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Todd. I had trouble spotting an effective crop and you managed to find the perfect one.

Tim
11-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow sorry I missed the announcement! What a surprise! Thanks baro-nite and congrats to all who participated. I'll get another contest going today...