Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 38 Likes Search this Thread
12-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm thinking of using the Tokina 19-35 zoom. Never really given it a good work out. Yvon Bourque called it the "plastic fantastic." Think I'm going to give it a work out.

12-31-2012, 04:02 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Veteran Member

I was seriously contemplating rejoining Single in... but work and other life responsibilities (which eroded my photo time in the past half of 2012) will prohibit me from participating in Jan.
Here is hoping Feb. is more promising.
Real nice work everyone has done throughout the 2012 Single in... Challenges. Wishing all participants new and old, the best light, subjects and creativity (for the tedious days) in 2013!
Have a Happy New Year!
12-31-2012, 09:54 PM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I can't believe Dec. went by so quick. Long days at work and lots of snow this holiday season. It was good, but, tiring. I don't seem to be getting younger.

I hope there was lots of celebrating and making merry for all of you.

Jools, sorry you can't join in this Jan. Maybe next month.

I'll be in this month. Probably with a Rokinon 8mm Fisheye. This is the first new lens I've ever bought. Couldn't pass up a great Black Friday deal. No idea what will happen with a FE for a month, but, that's the point isn't it?
01-01-2013, 12:34 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

ADSL won't be up before 3rd Jan, so don't expect to see anything for a few days. I have started shooting with the FA31 on the Q adaptor. Depending on the results I may opt for the lens rather than the adaptor....

01-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It seems I've chosen the FA 35-80 as BigTed has. I've actually tried to sell this lens 3 or 4 times over the past 2 years I've had it. Usually I'll take it out and shoot a few shots with it to post with pics of the lens. Then as I'm editing the shots I realize they are pretty good and maybe I need to re-consider and give the lens a chance, especially considering what I see so many do with the similar 35-70. So here goes, putting the cheap little plastic lens through it's paces.
01-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Question for gurus.

To make my PF posts I paste the BB code (Share) from my Flickr images.
Why is it that when I start a picture thread, I get a whole lot of crap attached?
eg "Landscape yesterday, macro today. http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8075/8336630566_fcc98fcde7_o.jpg..." whereas if I post later after others, there's no crap attached.
01-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #37
Veteran Member

The site won't allow me to post in the group thread for today... Says I don't have proper perms.

Can someone address this?

01-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by klkitchens Quote
The site won't allow me to post in the group thread for today... Says I don't have proper perms.

Can someone address this?
You don't seem to have joined the Group. Go to Forum Home Page, select Groups from Menu Bar and then navigate to "Monthly Photo Challenges" and join it.
01-01-2013, 10:27 PM - 1 Like   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
You don't seem to have joined the Group. Go to Forum Home Page, select Groups from Menu Bar and then navigate to "Monthly Photo Challenges" and join it.
That was it. I'd subscribed, not joined. Thanks.
01-02-2013, 12:12 AM - 2 Likes   #40
Veteran Member

A New Year's Eve message from my friend Bruce, (WWIFA here on PF) made me reconsider. So I will give it my best. I am in.
Lest anyone doubt the exif data in my dated *ist D, my first image was taken some hours before the end of Jan. 1st. I still have to fix this issue, since joining Single in Jan. was a last minute decision.
Btw, I am using an A-mount Vivitar 28-70mm zoom, my first purchase ever here on PF. The poor thing can barely go back to the 30mm range because the barrel is stiff as concrete but we will see what happens. In addition, I plan on taking all images with the *ist D just to give the guy some play.

Last edited by Jools; 01-02-2013 at 12:26 AM.
01-02-2013, 07:36 AM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's great news Jools. I look forward to seeing your great images here again.
01-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #42
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

For those of you who considered using the Pentax 10-17, I wish you would. I am looking for a fisheye lens and this one was suggested from other members. I'd like to see some shots taken with this lens so I can decide if this is the right fisheye for me or not. I found two for just over $300 on my lens buying site.
01-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I will be doing a near future Single in with the DA 10-17. It's the first real lens I bought after getting my first DSLR and it's always a fun one to play with.
01-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #44

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
For those of you who considered using the Pentax 10-17, I wish you would. I am looking for a fisheye lens and this one was suggested from other members. I'd like to see some shots taken with this lens so I can decide if this is the right fisheye for me or not. I found two for just over $300 on my lens buying site.
That's the lens I used in November for the single challenge (all of my November images are in my PF album for the single challenge) and I think Joe used it last month. I don't know if that helps.

bigted

PS I bought mine new and it was over $50O cdn with a local camera club discount. It is my most expensive lens but a favorite and I'm very happy I bought it.

Last edited by bigted; 01-02-2013 at 06:27 PM.
01-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #45
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I took a look at your photos from November. I saw a few that were like I was thinking when I saw with my photo-eye. See, I was down at my favorite river park, and just looking out over the water, I saw this shot that would be perfect if I had a fisheye lens. I probably won't buy one for a few months because I have to get my car repaired, and other bills paid too. Anyway, thanks Bigted, for the help.