Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 38 Likes Search this Thread
01-21-2013, 01:33 AM   #136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
Hi Folks,
Thanks for all your well wishes. You've all been doing wonderful work. It was truly a joy to visit the thread and see what new shots you all brought to share. I'm sorry I've not managed to comment, they are all gems! I'm on the mend, but it's slow. While I'm a well practiced patient, I am not very patient. It will be hard to make sure I don't try too much too soon.

Yes I know if I wanted to ditch that lens there are far easier ways to do it than a bout of pneumonia! I'm going to remain an observer for the rest of this month and try and pick it up again for February.

Stevi
No worries mate! Good to hear you're on the mend, even if it's a slow journey.

01-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #137
Veteran Member

I mentioned phenomia is wicked right? Well i got a mild case of it too now....

Glad one of us is on the mend
01-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good Grief!!

You all make me glad I'm half a continent away!

Stay warm, take your meds and breath some moist air!
01-23-2013, 03:20 AM - 1 Like   #139
Inactive Account

Well this is a bloody great month eh!

People getting pandemonium (get well soon fellas), and me vanished in the ether! Somewhere in space..the final frontier!

I'm thinking this month is a no go...have taken some shots yet to be posted...but!

Ran out of water, so $400 later might get by, fix the bore bore pump 85m down, another $3600, hmmmmm......halfway to a decent camera really!

Sorry cobbers, but this month is a disaster..will do what I can when I can, but my poker hand at the moment means, time to fold.

And the fires so far have been north, east and south of us, not by much...but thankfully enough!

P.S. Elvis came by yesterday, and dropped heaps of water on a fire 2km south of the sawmill, very impressive, but bugger me, no camera. (Read humungous helicopter that picks up 9000 litres [9 tonne] in one hit and dumps!)

Luv yas all...and good health.

Paddy

Last edited by patolds; 01-23-2013 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Addition
01-23-2013, 04:20 AM   #140
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Elvis is a good guy. Water is your friend. Stay safe Paddy.
01-23-2013, 04:31 AM   #141
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi, Paddy, we miss you.
01-23-2013, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On top of the world (or at least Australia)

Greetings today from the top of Australia! Looking at Mt Kosciuszko, Australia's highest mountain from the lookout at 2000 metre elevation. You can walk to the summit but my boys staged a revolt at the lookout so that was as far as I could get!

The alpine plateau seen here is a very small unique corner of Australia of above snowline flora and fauna. Six inch high plants amongst the massive granite outcrops. Mt Kosciuszko is 2200m, 7300 feet above sea level. The is a tiny patch of snow that can be seen just below the summit, left over from last winter. So here is a tiny downunder connection to all those battling winter in the northern hemisphere.

The lower ground just in front of me is the very start of the Snowy River. The Snowy River is part of Australian folklore.

Loaded to the Forum straight off the camera card via an Android tablet. First attempt to do so and would appear to have worked, slightly to my surprise. Shot RAW+small jpeg and have l loaded the small jpeg here. Probably has been resized on upload. That will be my excuse if it looks rubbish.

Ok and for the pedantic, there is a higher mountain on Australian territory, it's a volcano on an island down near Antarctica, but we don't normally count that one!

01-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #143
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've never seen this view before. Very cool.
01-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shot Clive!

Last edited by jackassp; 01-24-2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: wrong name.
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #145
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm off to shoot the Big Day Out music festival today. Twelve hours of non-stop rock & roll in the summer sun.
The FA31 will be in the bag, but it might take a while to sort through the several thousand shots I will take to find a suitable post for y'all.

To all those fighting winter illnesses in the northern hemisphere: move down here (no seriously, get well soon)
01-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #146
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I'm off to shoot the Big Day Out music festival today. Twelve hours of non-stop rock & roll in the summer sun.
The FA31 will be in the bag, but it might take a while to sort through the several thousand shots I will take to find a suitable post for y'all.

To all those fighting winter illnesses in the northern hemisphere: move down here (no seriously, get well soon)
Can you post a few for me too Sandy?, I'm planning on having asterixis over this long weekend.
01-25-2013, 11:27 PM - 1 Like   #147
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went out today, shot about 60 shots, and when we got home, found the memory card was corrupt. I managed to recover the partition, but every photo from today was still corrupt. Bugger. I'm heading back for another go.

On a separate note, my photo "An exercise in bokeh" has gone "viral" on flickr, at last look it had over 1000 views, and over 100 favourites, making it to explore, and reaching a high spot of 40-something.

But it got a very low rating and a solid rejection from the PF exclusive photo judges! Work that one out!

Cheers, Jack.
01-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #148
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
But it got a very low rating and a solid rejection from the PF exclusive photo judges! Work that one out!
IMO the PEG is after a particular style; most of the shots there have at least something of a commercial polish and obvious compositional thrust to them. I say that not disparaging either the PEG or commercial and/or obvious photography.
01-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #149
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
Went out today, shot about 60 shots, and when we got home, found the memory card was corrupt. I managed to recover the partition, but every photo from today was still corrupt. Bugger. I'm heading back for another go.

On a separate note, my photo "An exercise in bokeh" has gone "viral" on flickr, at last look it had over 1000 views, and over 100 favourites, making it to explore, and reaching a high spot of 40-something.

Cheers, Jack.
I saw that! It was a good shot but I was a bit surprised of that on flickr. Congrads anyway.
01-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #150
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's 2:00am here, and I've just finished selecting and post-processing a gallery of 350 shots from the 4000 I took at Friday's Big Day Out. I haven't yet checked whether any of the few I took with the FA31 made the cut, but will post when/if I can.

No time for a photo today either, and I may not get out of bed tomorrow judging by how tired I am at the moment....