Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Ok, since we are now starting to put graphic interpretations, here is my graphic interpretation of the photo.

editing this out so I can add a redone pic.

Last edited by lgt525; 02-12-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: changed pic
02-12-2013, 02:52 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lgt525 Quote
Ok, since we are now starting to put graphic interpretations, here is my graphic interpretation of the photo.
....was there a rule abt graphic interpretations? it's how i usually roll with these challenges.
02-12-2013, 03:44 AM   #33
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
....was there a rule abt graphic interpretations? it's how i usually roll with these challenges.
No, no rules Not to my knowledge, I just didn't do a graphic interpretation at first.
02-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anything goes in this game but if you submit more than one entry only one can be considered for judging by the week's host. As it stands right now chemtech is going to have her work cut out for her judging this round!

02-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #35
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
Anything goes in this game but if you submit more than one entry only one can be considered for judging by the week's host. As it stands right now chemtech is going to have her work cut out for her judging this round!
Thanks for the clarification . I removed my other two entries and decided to go with my graphical interpretation as my entry.
02-12-2013, 12:13 PM - 2 Likes   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

all done in gimp as usual... just tried to warm it up a little and simplify with a lot of cloning around to make it an open pathway for a swan to meander through...

Last edited by todd; 02-12-2013 at 12:25 PM.
02-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
all done in gimp as usual... just tried to warm it up a little and simplify with a lot of cloning around to make it an open pathway for a swan to meander through...
Now that is an entirely different take on the scene!

02-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #38
Veteran Member

swan's pretty cool, todd!
02-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Björn Quote
Trying to learn using Gimp more since it has enourmous power but have a bit of a steep treshold.
For anybody interested in using gimp more (in windows or mac), check out Partha's latest build here... It includes a lot of gimp scripts and plugins (my fave being g'mic) and most notably in this 2.8.4 release from Partha, includes a port of v.19 of ufraw... So if you drag a raw file into gimp, it will open in ufraw first for 16-bit adjustments and then export into gimp for 8-bit edits from there.. (Just also note that there is a known bug where if you resize the ufraw window after opening the file, it will crash, so just maximize the window and leave it alone after that).. If you have a beefy system and want/need to do 16-bit editing, I also recommend Partha's 2.9 build of gimp. (Use the portable compile so it's self contained..) 2.9 allows you to edit straight in 16-bit using gimp.. Partha doesn't make linux versions but if you're running linux you know gimp is there for you... ;-)

(Also... if you're into working in LAB, Delaboratory is available on Partha's site, and it's awesome too... 16-bit editor and exports into gimp)

Last edited by todd; 02-12-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: added more info
02-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Wolfiegirl, not a problem at all, for me either! Glad you like these challenges and decided to join this one.
02-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
Thanks, Joe, for the clarification and the sympathy.
02-12-2013, 07:03 PM - 1 Like   #42
Forum Member

Redid my graphic interpretation. Cropped, saturated, threshold, changed hue and vibrancy, blue filter, sharpened edges. Done in photoshop.
02-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
lgt525, After I read about your decision to remove some of your entries, I was concerned, that your enthusiasm for this round might have been affected.
Happy to see that isn't the case.

Edith
02-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #44
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chemtech Quote
lgt525, After I read about your decision to remove some of your entries, I was concerned, that your enthusiasm for this round might have been affected.
Happy to see that isn't the case.

Edith
Thanks Edith No, I just didn't want to have to write a confusing post about which entry was the "official" entry of mine and to try to explain which ones to disregard lol.
02-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
For anybody interested in using gimp more (in windows or mac), check out Partha's latest build here... It includes a lot of gimp scripts and plugins (my fave being g'mic) and most notably in this 2.8.4 release from Partha, includes a port of v.19 of ufraw... So if you drag a raw file into gimp, it will open in ufraw first for 16-bit adjustments and then export into gimp for 8-bit edits from there.. (Just also note that there is a known bug where if you resize the ufraw window after opening the file, it will crash, so just maximize the window and leave it alone after that).. If you have a beefy system and want/need to do 16-bit editing, I also recommend Partha's 2.9 build of gimp. (Use the portable compile so it's self contained..) 2.9 allows you to edit straight in 16-bit using gimp.. Partha doesn't make linux versions but if you're running linux you know gimp is there for you... ;-)

(Also... if you're into working in LAB, Delaboratory is available on Partha's site, and it's awesome too... 16-bit editor and exports into gimp)
Wow, Todd, thanks for sharing all the great info about Gimp and a linky, too! I'm off to check out ufraw and Partha, BTW.

Thanks, again!
Edith