Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
04-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #121
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
Count me in for June Tim. I'm going to continue shooting film in May, but it won't be every day. Trying to hone some skills in the "darkroom".
Will you be printing?

I might do a month with K1000 and 55/2. A little lighter to pack about and I will be able to whittle my gear back down to one bag...

04-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Caution: dumb question follows.
Where are the photos? I've browsed about PF a bit, but I cannot find a photo posting thread for Single in April - Film version.
So I thought I'd ask.
04-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #123
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yikes! Haven't done that yet and don't want to either.
04-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #124
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
Count me in for June Tim. I'm going to continue shooting film in May, but it won't be every day. Trying to hone some skills in the "darkroom".
Well, good. How about we skip May and resume in June?

Tim

04-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #125
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Moe49 Quote
Caution: dumb question follows.
Where are the photos? I've browsed about PF a bit, but I cannot find a photo posting thread for Single in April - Film version.
So I thought I'd ask.
Moe - the photos are in the groups section....

Monthly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com
04-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #126
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I finally got around to scanning and uploading some pictures. I have seen some super shots posted this month and I have been trying new kinds of film too.
I will make an effort to post some comments too.
04-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #127
Pentaxian

Well, there will be liiiitle pause for me. I went to get film to be prosessed. Well they told me that they don't develope anymore films like this at here..so have to wait until holidays and stuff...

05-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #128
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Well, there will be little pause for me. I went to get film to be processed. Well they told me that they don't develop anymore films like this at here..so have to wait until holidays and stuff...
Wow, that's unfortunate. I hope you can find a replacement soon. Best of luck with that.

Well, I'm behind 3 rolls of film, 2 developed, and one shot but yet undeveloped. Got a lot of scanning to do. I hope to have all my months images fully posted by the end of the weekend. Some thoughts on my setup. The 645n + FA 75 f2.8 are clearly a great versatile pair. My original 645 got me into medium format but the 645n has gotten me back into my familiar set of features and controls. The FA 75, as is true for just about any normal lens, is good for lots of situations but obviously not wide or long enough for everything. As it's my first AF lens on a medium format camera I've been enjoying it's AF speed greatly! My only thought on it is that the switch for AF/MF is hard to locate and use without looking. That's a small gripe but ... that's what I've observed. It's a keeper and I hope if will give me many years of service.

Last edited by blackcloudbrew; 05-01-2013 at 08:08 AM.
05-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #129
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A Gift Horse?

I guess this is as good a place as any to put this. I had intended to particpate in April but didn't get it together. I had thought about making the commitment for June - but didn't want to "promise." I've thought about selling all my film bodies and MF lenses.

Then yesterday I got a call from the guy who keeps dropping by my house with another box of screwmounts and Tak's that he "finds" in his basement as he prepares to downsize to a condo. This time he asked me to come pick up my "gifts" and bring my Subaru Outback. "Ohhh Kaayyy," I replied, "Did you find a really big box or something?"
Omega Enlarger (didn't think to ask about the lens)
2x Stainless Tanks
2x (I think) Spools
2x (I think) Trays
2x Easels
"Other Stuff"
Apparently a complete darkroom. I have no idea whether this is any good comparatively, but the condition is sure to be pristine. I guess I won't be able to use the excuse that getting it developed is just too much of a pain this time.

Oh, and 2x Black SPII's and an 85 and 105.

Last edited by monochrome; 05-01-2013 at 11:19 AM.
05-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #130
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats.. we all need friends like that... would you like to be my friend
05-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #131
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Congrats.. we all need friends like that... would you like to be my friend
It really is too much.
05-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #132
Pentaxian

Hi all!

I made my last posting today(since I got my shots back today

no PP in last ones. Velvia 50 slide film..mmmm..it IS great film. Must say.

thank you all for this month. little inpractical to do, but never the less no one can't take it away from us, can they.

It was nice to get to know my Helios and ME super. SOme thoughts still comes in mind to try some other lenses too. It was tricky to see how 'digital differs from film' and it does, in many ways. In the end I ended up liking my Helios, after stopping down up to f 5.6 and more it is very capable of good shots. Would like to do it again with my DA*55, but I don't have camera, that could do apertures in body...

it was fun, and thatnk you BCB for helding this game!!
05-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #133
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
You are quite welcome and great efforts to all who participated. I [look of great sheepishness on face] am way behind my posting. I have all film shot and developed for the month but lack the time to scan the remaining images. I'll get it done I hope by next weekend. Well done all.
05-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #134
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gah, I still have one roll to swish, and the hard work of anotating and posting into the threads... I ws going to be lazy and let it slide but Repaap your diligence shames me...

This weekend.. I promise
05-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #135
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well done repaap! The Velvia 50 looks nice. I'll have to get some. I have 2 more shots to post but they only come back from developing tomorrow.
Looking forward to your posts, Tim and Matt