Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #106
Veteran Member

Finally got my posted today.. here's to hoping! Good luck all

03-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #107

Photos: Gallery
Hi Heie,

I submitted my entry. But on the written portion, I included a video link to support the story on the written portion and the submitted video entry. Will it be disqualified? If indeed it violated the regulation am I allowed to edit my entry?
Many thanks...
03-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crossmr Quote
Finally got my posted today.. here's to hoping! Good luck all
Good luck!

QuoteOriginally posted by felmarpesado Quote
Hi Heie, I submitted my entry. But on the written portion, I included a video link to support the story on the written portion and the submitted video entry. Will it be disqualified? If indeed it violated the regulation am I allowed to edit my entry? Many thanks...
I just checked your entry. The first video you posted (towards the beginning of your post) needs to be removed as it is not your original work/creation. I understand the intention is to help emphasize your essay portion, however in order to maintain a level playing field amongst all the participants (which is why it was three images or 1 video), it needs to be removed since no one else was allowed to submit a third-party video to emphasize their essay. Please edit and remove that video, however the one at the bottom of your entry is more than allowable since you made that and it is part of your submission.

Thank you for your cooperation, but more importantly, thank you for participating! So glad that at least one video was made

-Heie
03-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #109

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Good luck!

I just checked your entry. The first video you posted (towards the beginning of your post) needs to be removed as it is not your original work/creation. I understand the intention is to help emphasize your essay portion, however in order to maintain a level playing field amongst all the participants (which is why it was three images or 1 video), it needs to be removed since no one else was allowed to submit a third-party video to emphasize their essay. Please edit and remove that video, however the one at the bottom of your entry is more than allowable since you made that and it is part of your submission.

Thank you for your cooperation, but more importantly, thank you for participating! So glad that at least one video was made

-Heie

hello Heie,
The first video I posted on the written section, was actually taken by me. That was actually my my first shot of the group before I was able to talk to them...I havent edited the clip since I uploaded the video only to support the written portion.

Please let me know if the first video still needs to be removed... Thanks a lot and I also wish everyone good luck...

03-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #110
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by felmarpesado Quote
hello Heie,
The first video I posted on the written section, was actually taken by me. That was actually my my first shot of the group before I was able to talk to them...I havent edited the clip since I uploaded the video only to support the written portion.

Please let me know if the first video still needs to be removed... Thanks a lot and I also wish everyone good luck...
By the time one can get it all set up, meet the requirements of the challenge to merely get a chance to be in the queue to win a free lens, one may as well spend the same time to do a similar project to actually help someone, get the money and with 100% certainty buy that lens. Or a cheaper lens, but still get it, and respect equally.
Too much "36 Chambers of Shaolin"-ness in this challenge, defies its purpose.
03-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #111

Hello Heie, i hope you're getting your hands full of good stories and pictures, and i've re-read the rules and a thing came to my mind...

Is my submission valid? because one of my photographs is more about myself than the two others.. so i would be very sad if my submission doesn't even get to the list.

Thank you for your time and good clicks!

Last edited by Akarak; 03-28-2013 at 04:36 PM.
03-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #112

hi Heie!

I already edited my entry, and removed the video on th first part of the written portion. Following the guidelines, of 3 photos / 1 video submission... thank you again and more power to you...

03-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #113
JEF
Forum Member

Thank you, I hope I entered correctly.
03-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #114
Forum Member

This is rather amazing.

I am confused though, where do we submit to? Apologies if it was clearly stated somewhere.
03-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #115

QuoteOriginally posted by dflorez Quote
This is rather amazing.

I am confused though, where do we submit to? Apologies if it was clearly stated somewhere.
hello dflorez, in the first page to this thread there is a link, where you should (from what i understand) open a new thread with your submission.

don't bee alarmed as you won't see any other threads there, they are hidden
03-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #116
Pentaxian

Thanks Alex; what a great idea. I've submitted my entry.
03-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #117
Inactive Account

I'm greatful that I have this opportunity, thank you.
03-31-2013, 07:49 PM   #118

Just entered. Hopefully, all meets criteria.
03-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #119
Forum Member

Submission entered! Thanks for doing this.

Last edited by lukelbd; 03-31-2013 at 08:04 PM.
04-01-2013, 04:35 AM - 1 Like   #120
Veteran Member

Original Poster
THE WINDOW TO SUBMIT YOUR FEARLESSNESS IS NOW CLOSED!

Thank you to everyone that participated - I sincerely thought that this might have been a flop, and I cannot express how grateful I am that you have made it worthwhile with such a competitive field!

Adam and I are going to start compiling and presenting the entries, however here are some preliminary stats for you:
  • 43 (!) total submissions
    • 6 Video submissions
    • 37 Image submissions
  • 3 Entries Require Fixed Image Linking
    • I sent you three an email regarding the inability of your post to display its images. I apologize for not contacting you sooner, I must have missed your posts when I was vetting submissions. Please follow the instructions I sent you in your email.
  • 1 Entry Requires Video Embedding Fixing
    • Same as above, you have been contacted - please fix the issue and my apologies for not catching you sooner.
  • 3 Disqualifications
    • 2x Failed to submit written portions as required by the contest on Page 1 of this thread
    • 1x Failed to include more than 1 image and thus not satisfy the three image requirement or 1 video requirement as stated on Page 1 of this thread
  • 40 Submissions Remaining, pending the correction of technical complications on the aforementioned 4 entries
Again, thank you all for participating, and in the coming days the entries will start to make their way to you!

Man it sure is good to be FEARLESS!

-Heie