Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
03-23-2013, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lots of good ideas here already.
I cropped this in Lightroom and applied a Retro look setting from PSP X5.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
03-23-2013, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
a bit of crop and straighten (although it still looks a touch wonky), some film grain, a high pass filter and some cloning - although i don't think i did a good enough job on the cloning. but am too tired to do much more and not sure if I'll get another chance to play before the game ends.

so this is my take:

03-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Just over 2 1/2 days before this challenge closes. Still time to get your entry in.

Tim
03-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #19

A second attempt. Again, I just went where the picture took me...

• Clarity preset in Machinery
  • Pull into PS
  • Rotated slightly
  • Cropped to 16:9
  • Made second layer
  • Applied Topaz Adjust Setting Sun - Dynamic preset to second layer
  • Changed blend mode to Hard Light with 63% opacity
  • Added a Levels adjustment layer and darkened the image
  • Made another copy of the bottom layer on the top of the stack.
  • Desaturated the new layer.
  • Blurred the new layer with Gaussian Blur at around 10px and changed opacity to 38%. This brought a bit of a foggy look back to the picture.
  • Sharpened the bottom layer. I wanted just a touch of detail but not really noticeable.
  • Flattened the image
  • Slight curve adjustment to increase the highlights. I wanted the sun back in the top right corner.
  • Resize for upload.

Attached Images

03-25-2013, 09:00 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Straightened and cropped in Aperture. Then I played with a couple of the Nik software programs I was able to download for free today. (Google is being oddly generous with their new acquisition.) Most of the work was done in Color Efex. I had the basic program before but now I have the full set of filters and I used at least 7. The finish is the result of the Polaroid Transfer filter. Great fun!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
03-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
Straightened and cropped in Aperture. Then I played with a couple of the Nik software programs I was able to download for free today. (Google is being oddly generous with their new acquisition.) Most of the work was done in Color Efex. I had the basic program before but now I have the full set of filters and I used at least 7. The finish is the result of the Polaroid Transfer filter. Great fun!
I think I'm going to have to try them out!
03-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was able to download for free today. (Google is being oddly generous with their new acquisition.) I had the basic program before but now I have the full set of filtters
Are you saying you got them free because you bought the basic program? That is cool! There stuff is expensive (but awesome)..

03-26-2013, 03:52 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
One day left in this challenge.

Tim
03-26-2013, 05:53 AM - 1 Like   #24
Forum Member

Using LR4, I've emphasized the house and the fence which are in bright colour and sharp. The remaining part I make it de-saturate to appeal a Black and white feel and reduced the sharpness. This's my first attempt in LR4, just a learner.
Thanks
Attached Images

03-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Are you saying you got them free because you bought the basic program? That is cool! There stuff is expensive (but awesome)..
I think there is a present deal on the whole package. There is a thread on the main forum page. Those who own Nik software were sent emails offering the entire collection for free (I've had Silver Efex for years - I love it). Needless to say I downloaded it immediately!
03-26-2013, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

A little time on my hands today, so I'll play for the first time. Had trouble downloading the RAW file so I went with the jpeg.
Have always really enjoyed viewing this thread and the array of interpretations. Great work folks.
Here's my effort.

03-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I think there is a present deal on the whole package. There is a thread on the main forum page. Those who own Nik software were sent emails offering the entire collection for free (I've had Silver Efex for years - I love it). Needless to say I downloaded it immediately!
Joe, that is a winner deal. Can't go wrong with that. Color Efex and the others in the suite are potent.
03-27-2013, 04:17 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
This challenge is now closed. I will try to post the winner later today.

Here is the version I have hanging on my wall at home.

Thanks to everyone that entered. The winner is announced here --> Winner

Tim

Last edited by atupdate; 03-27-2013 at 11:04 AM.