Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Single in April 2013

New for April, digital AND film challenges.

A new month and a new Single Challenge. All are welcome!
You can use digital, but this month you can also use analog (film), and post in a separate area.
Why? because its meant to be a challenge, a test of courage, or endurance, but above all, it is great fun.

For details of the Film challenge of April, see here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/21698...iscussion.html
This is the discussion, and stay tuned for April 7 thread for where to post photos. Contact jackassp, mattt, or blackcloudbrew for more information.
This will be our first official film monthly "single" challenge, and I bet it won't be our last.

Ever wanted to find fame and glory by being Explored on Flickr? .......... Then why not join the Single in Challenge?

The idea is simple:

Every day, take a picture with your chosen lens of the month and post it to the thread of the day. Then other members of the group will comment on your shot. Don't be shy and comment on other member's pictures too.

Here are some more details

1. You need to join the group to post
2. This thread is only for discussing the March 2013 Challenge - if you have a problem this is where you ask.
3. You can upload your pictures to an album in the forums here, Flickr, Picassa .......... Here are some of mine on the forums and on Flickr.
4. Each day has a thread of it's own. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/groups/102-monthly-photo-challenges/2466-...#gmessage29839 is April 1st.
5. This is how to put your pictures from an album on the forums to the daily thread

if you post from Flickr you need to copy and paste the BBCode

Screen Shot 2012-10-27 at 6.55.42 PM by patjapan, on Flickr

This all must sound a real pain but by Day 3 you will be an expert! I promise

The only strict rule we have is it must be a Pentax or Ricoh body and the pictures you post must be from the same lens.

If you miss a day don't worry.

We are a very friendly, very international bunch. Come and try!

Last edited by jackassp; 03-28-2013 at 04:50 AM.
03-28-2013, 06:31 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm in but I'm not sure with what. I'm tempted to go with the DFA 100 macro as this is wildflower time here.
03-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
Site Supporter

I'm really tempted... I know it's going to be a busy month with work but I feel like I need to let the creative side of my brain have a little fun. I can't believe it's been 5 months since I last participated and a whole year since my 1st single-in. I finally got the DA 10-17 that I've been coveting for some time now and I sprung for a K-30 w/ 18-135 kit at the same time. So if I decide to join this month it'll be with one of those lenses. I originally planned on a single-in with the fisheye whenever I got it but "April showers" might make the WR kit fun to play with leaving the fisheye for next month's "May flowers".
03-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm going to have to sit April out. I thought I'd be well enough to join this month but not quite there yet. I lost a lot of weight during this illness and having trouble getting back to my old self. So, sorry, can't do it this month but hoping to be fit enough for May's challenge.

03-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I'm going to have to sit April out. I thought I'd be well enough to join this month but not quite there yet. I lost a lot of weight during this illness and having trouble getting back to my old self. So, sorry, can't do it this month but hoping to be fit enough for May's challenge.
Wait for the warmer weather Mar, we understand, and we miss you greatly, but health comes first EVERY time.

Some chocolate might help.
03-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
Some chocolate might help.
Probably not a good idea with someone who has Type 2 diabetes. But thanks for thinking of me. Wish I could eat chocolate or at least my favorite candy bar, Butterfingers.
03-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hello everyone!

I miss this group a great deal!

While I almost completely moved to m43 system, I kept K20D, and just a couple of lenses. Honestly, have not used DSLR in over a year... I think its time that I let my good ole Pentax to "see" the light!

So I would like to join in for the month of April - K20D with LB Composer and Sweet 35 optic.

Cheers to all!

D

P.S. Mar - recover well, and recover soon!
03-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool, I dont think we've had an Lensbaby in all the months I've participated. Looking forward to it. I still intend to shoot the Pentax 6x7 and SMC Pentax 6x7 55mm f4.0 probably on B&W only... Ilford Delta Pro 100 and probably HP5+ if I have difficulty sticking to the escarpment theme (first 3 days of the month I'm no where near the escarpment).

03-29-2013, 05:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I will return for the April challenge - still not tired of shooting every day which is a surprise even if it is a pleasant one.

The lens will be WR if the weather does not change soon. Else I think the DA 15 has something like <100 shots this year and that is just not right. I might do a wide angle dog walk month with it or the 18-55 WR @ 18mm. It was very inspiring to do it with the Q and 01 during March and I bet the K-01 with a wide will be fun too.

2*DA* 55mm f1.4 eh? I've been eyeballing that lens since it came out. Still eyeballing the price though.

@Duh_Vinci K20D eh? hmm I might do a month of K20D and DA 15 just for the hell of it. I love the ergonomics of that old beauty.

Edit: Test walk with the K20D / DA 15: I think this is going to do the trick :-)

Last edited by Zorglub; 03-29-2013 at 09:14 AM.
03-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Torben,

I look forward seeing your photos with this combo!

I still like my K20D very much and always have... Just a bit too heavy for my wrist lately. But I did take few test shots yesterday, really like how it handles LB optics, so definitely going to use it for the next 30 days!

Regards,
D
03-30-2013, 03:07 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I have ben pondering what to shoot with the 15 in April. I think that I want to stray from the dog walk theme and save that for May with a longer lens (DA 70?). One of my challenges is that Denmark is quite flat. We have no mountains, canyons or similar impressive features. So my idea right now is to do a month of what I would call the "small landscape". In essence this would be shots of a scene with similar composition to the classic "something in the fore, middle and background" but in a smaller scale. I think it would be a good learning experience. Also if time allow it, expect a couple of large panoramas in the weekends.

@Duh_Vinci funky stuff that Lens Baby! Can't wait :-)

Edit: Test shot

Last edited by Zorglub; 03-30-2013 at 08:53 AM.
03-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm going to sit out April but should be back in May. March was fun,..saw some great photos from other participants with their chosen lenses and learned a bit about my Q and taking fisheye photos. See you in a month..
03-30-2013, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Torben, it certainly can let you do some "odd" things

Regards,
D
03-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #14
Pentaxian

I'll be in with filmgroup. My old ME super and Helios 44 M will follow me...have fun for this month guys!
03-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Torben, it certainly can let you do some "odd" things

Regards,
D
Welcome back DV. We have missed you, and your creativity.