Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2013, 02:30 AM   #1

Violence in Venezuela - End of a Life

Violence in Venezuela

Venezuela is a country in South America and now despite its low population density and relatively good quality of life. It is one of the most violent countries in the region.

These images correspond to a murder happened in a poor neighborhood, which is near my house.

The following images are from the victim and reactions due to the inhabitants of the area in which the event has been perpetrated. It was now May 26, 2013 at about 05:00 PM, when I was watching TV in my house, suddenly the noise produced by a bullet impacts alerted me and made me peek. What I could see was the figure of a young man prostrate on the ground, which caused a reaction that other people in the area should be aroused and acercasen until his remains. There is little to explain, but I think if given a lot to think and reflect.

05-28-2013, 05:38 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very sad. Very tragic. I am sorry you had to witness this and live amongst such violence.
05-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Really hard to know what to say...
As you say, Venezuela has a reputation for being dangerous...please do take care.
Such a shame that people feel the need to inflict violence on each other.
05-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wonderful photojournalism, the sort that none of us ever want to witness. What a pity that such things happen anywhere. Sadly, these pictures could have been taken in many, many neighborhoods here in the United States.