Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
05-29-2013, 03:07 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Single in June 2013

A new month and a new Single Challenge. All are welcome!

Why? because its meant to be a challenge, a test of courage, or endurance, but above all, it is great fun.

Ever wanted to find fame and glory by being Explored on Flickr? .......... Then why not join the Single in Challenge?

The idea is simple:

Every day, take a picture with your chosen lens of the month and post it to the thread of the day. Then other members of the group will comment on your shot. Don't be shy, and please comment on other member's pictures too.

Here are some more details

1. You need to join the group to post
2. This thread is for discussing the June 2013 Challenge - if you have a problem this is where you ask.
3. You can upload your pictures to an album in the forums here, Flickr, Picassa .......... Here are some of PatJP's on the forums and on Flickr.
4. Each day has a thread of it's own. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/groups/102-monthly-photo-challenges/2593-...#gmessage31932 is for June 1st
5. This is how to put your pictures from an album on the forums to the daily thread

if you post from Flickr you need to copy and paste the BBCode

Screen Shot 2012-10-27 at 6.55.42 PM by patjapan, on Flickr

This all must sound a real pain but by Day 3 you will be an expert! I promise

The only strict rule we have is it must be a Pentax or Ricoh body and the pictures you post must be from the same lens.

If you miss a day don't worry.

We are a very friendly, very international bunch. Come and try!

Zorglub has kindly posted a FAQ here: --> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/groups/102-monthly-photo-challenges/711-faq.html

Don't forget to join the Monthly Photo Challenges group here on PentaxForums.

Last edited by jackassp; 05-29-2013 at 03:12 AM.
05-29-2013, 04:35 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Jack. Count me in. Since last month I used a modern wide angle prime, this time I thought an older telephoto zoom would be a nice contrast. Since I got the Sigma 70-200 EX DG F/2.8, I rarely use the Pentax A 70-210 F/4.0 any more. It's a nice lens, but truthfully completely outclassed by the Sigma. However it is a LOT smaller and lighter, and I remember it having nice bokeh for a zoom. I'll rescue it from it's lonely perch on my lens shelf and give it a spin.

NaCl(just because it's outperformed by an newer lens doesn't mean it's not good)H2O
05-29-2013, 04:45 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Count me in too. Im still in a hard decisionstime. When my "girly model" is around in july, I'd like to have a nice "shooting lens ant cant decide between Helios 40 and SMC M 50/1.2
so June should be one out of my lensoramas list
Lensorama solution von willdmo auf Flickr
I have somehow to hinder to be 3 months in a row in fifties lengt or 2 montsh in a row in something between 85mm and 100mm (for example helios 40 and trioplan)
If someone has an advice it would be great

So I prepare for tomorrow or this weekend to keep with an tradition from my first "singles" start and review my May's lens.
05-29-2013, 05:31 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Count me out for June. Still on overload. Don't worry, I'll be peaking though.

05-29-2013, 05:49 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Quiet times at work again (finally) and I feel trigger happy! I will shoot the DA 70 for a month.
05-29-2013, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm going to try this month. I want to use my newly acquired TC on a lens. I haven't decided which lens yet, and most of my photos for this month will have to be from my yard. I'm still shaky and can't hold the camera still enough but I have a new tripod (bought from a PF member) that will be delivered about the middle of next week.
05-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #7

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
I'll be in too, but I'm not sure what I'll be using. I have a few days to decide.

05-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am on the fence about joining the SI challenge for June. If I do join, I'll probably go with the DA15. On one side of the fence I really enjoy the challenge, but on the other side I don't want one lens to be stuck to the camera the whole month, so I have to make up my mind by the 1st...
05-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
but on the other side I don't want one lens to be stuck to the camera the whole month, so I have to make up my mind by the 1st...
Say, huh? You don't have to do that. I take all my lenses with me when doing a challenge and after taking the photo of the day, I change lenses.
05-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Say, huh? You don't have to do that. I take all my lenses with me when doing a challenge and after taking the photo of the day, I change lenses.
You are obviously not as lazy as I am. You are right though - I need to be more willing to swap lenses around than I generally am. Especially if I use the DA15 for the June challenge since I can drop it right into my pocket. Ok count me in.
05-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yea Mar! good to have you back!

NaCl(the more the merrier)H2O
05-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I'm going to try this month. I want to use my newly acquired TC on a lens. I haven't decided which lens yet, and most of my photos for this month will have to be from my yard. I'm still shaky and can't hold the camera still enough but I have a new tripod (bought from a PF member) that will be delivered about the middle of next week.
05-29-2013, 11:44 PM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

So many oldies are back! I have to join too. Now, I must decide wich lens thou. Haven't used my A 35-105 for a while. I'd like to try also my F 28/2.8 with my film camera...for one month(try what it would be like to have 28mm, as compact camera . I'll decide later...
05-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll probably sit June out, but who knows what may happen in a day or so?
05-30-2013, 12:36 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Who knows! You are welcome to join in anyway nice to have U around