Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
My camera is down until I can get it fixed or replaced
Dude! That sucks! I hope the best possible outcome for you.

And here I've been worried because I dropped a blob of ice cream on my shutter button last week (while competing with the kids for bites while we devoured a giant sundae together and I was trying to capture the moment at the same time lol). It's been sticky ever since... I know the K5 is weather resistant but that was some seriously sticky weather.

06-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
too little creativity in my soul at the moment.
um, what!?

06-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #108
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@sagitta, oh man! That's no good. Hope it will be good afterwards... That goes for you too Todd.

Zorglub, hope that you will get yur mojo back. Ihave enjoyed your shots.

Just today I did do a littledreaming of single in'sin general. At some point it was plain reportair on your days with lens you chose,now it isa reallyproffessional shots day after day,a measure...? What can you do... Oh well.maybe it is a excuse for my shots but,I have enjoyed peoples everyday shots too.what do you see forday to day,what would you like to see too...take care all of youand for most. Have fun
06-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I got a new lens today and have been taking my camera on my trips now, so I may be in for July if another round is planned. I'm back flying now, so getting to lots of new places, but it will mean some slow uploads as I won't be near a computer all that often. Anywho, I came across a very nice condition (minty in fact) Super-Takumar 1:2.8/105 M42 lens with dedicated leather case, HCE UV Haze 1 filter, and rear cap for $8.00 at GW.

06-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #110
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
um, what!?
Oh well that thing sure ok, I slapped on the DA 15 and went for a walk with the dog. It just sorta happened :-)
06-24-2013, 11:53 PM - 1 Like   #111
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
Oh well that thing sure ok, I slapped on the DA 15 and went for a walk with the dog. It just sorta happened :-)
well i sure could use some of that 'just sorta happened - too little creativity' over here!
06-26-2013, 04:11 AM   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
June 26, quite a day.

Sack a Prime Minister, re-elect a Dudd, but most importantly, State of Origin rugby stayed on track, the most intense, physical competition known to mankind (it's like Ring of Honour with an oval shaped ball), and everyone outside of NSW likes to see NSW lose.

Oh, yes, I'm not able to finish the month. K5 is kaput. And I'm not going to bother to get it fixed. If I compete in June, it will be K7, or nothing. Unless you let me use my Nikon gear?

Good luck all.

06-26-2013, 04:59 AM - 1 Like   #113
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's a real bummer Jack. What happened to the K5? I for one hope you do get the urge to return in July (but not with your Nikon).

Re. State of Origin. I live in NSW and I also hope they lose, but that's because Aussie Rules leaves it for dead And I still barrack for Melbourne
06-26-2013, 05:14 AM   #114
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
That's a real bummer Jack. What happened to the K5? I for one hope you do get the urge to return in July (but not with your Nikon).

Re. State of Origin. I live in NSW and I also hope they lose, but that's because Aussie Rules leaves it for dead And I still barrack for Melbourne
The K5 will no longer turn on with a memory card inserted. Jiggling the card will sometimes get it started, but take a shot and it freezes.

I'm an Adelaide crows fan, that is why I'm watching rugby now hehehehehe!. AFL is becoming too sterilised, you're not allowed to contact other players, and the little green maggots wield too much power (umpires). I was going to say p***tas, but that would not be politically correct, and it would be a slur against another minority group!
06-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
The K5 will no longer turn on with a memory card inserted.
Argh the K5's are taking blows this month!

My shutter button has gradually become less sticky. Fine now I think but who knows how much I've decreased its life expectancy.
06-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #116
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A late post from me for the 27th. Not disinterest - the Forum wouldn't come up for me yesterday afternoon/evening. It's there now but I'm now behind with comments - will catch up tonight.

Any starters for July? I'm in if there's company; thinking of using my WG3.
06-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #117
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I've been watching to see if any of you put up a single in July thread but have yet to see one. I am not coming back until August. At that time I will be sporting the K30.

I went to my doctor today and he has scheduled a cat scan as he said I shouldn't be losing weight this fast. In two months I've lost 29lbs.
06-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #118
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I've been watching to see if any of you put up a single in July thread but have yet to see one.
I'll try to whack one up tomorrow Mar unless one appears beforehand. Hope your scan comes up clear.
06-27-2013, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #119
Veteran Member

Hi all, I reckon my enforced absence is just about over, thankfully, my eye operation appears to have been rather successful. I am still struggling a bit with it, (it was a bit bigger than previous cataract ops) but gets better every day, so i will be available next month, hopefully.
Don't know exactly what lens I will be using, but thinking perhaps 18-250 for it's versatility, under the circumstances.
Jack, I gave up watching State of Origin many years ago, the overdone hype, just bores me.
06-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #120
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll probably saddle up again for July. The choice will be between the DA10-17, Q-02 and DA*300. Quite a wide range. I'm leaning toward the fish-eye.