Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Share Your Pictures of Toys

The kid in us will always enjoy toys.

Attached Images

06-12-2013, 07:50 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like that first shot of yours; nice bright colors.

Here are some more toys...

06-13-2013, 08:46 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

Great idea for a thread! I used to love Hot Wheels as a kid. Sadly, I don't have any left to play with. The toys have gotten much more expensive since then!

@Julie , I don't know why, but the doll in the trash bin made me laugh uncontrollably. Surely you set that up yourself? Where on earth did you get the idea? It's sad, but... I just can't help myself!

Here's one from me:

06-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I seem to have an obsession with taking pictures of Hot Wheels... too many rainy winter days where I live perhaps. (My office is cluttered with them too.) I have almost all my toys from when I was a kid, Hot Wheels, G.I. Joe stuff, too much of it, really.

06-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OrangeKx Quote
My office is cluttered with them too.
I see we have something in common.

I had these ducks all over my office at one point. One day, I came in to find all of them perched on the plastic plant in the corner. I think the quality manager did it. I thought that was a good place for them, so I left them there. It took an active effort to keep them up there. The cleaning lady kept knocking them off.

06-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice thread!
Here's a few, but they are not mine other than the rabbit X Teddy.

06-16-2013, 04:40 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Nice thread!
Here's a few, but they are not mine other than the rabbit X Teddy.
That kid in the second one looks a little crowded!

I really like that last picture. Just the rabbit in a void of black... cool. How'd you do that?

I thought I was about out of toys to photograph, but your third picture reminded me of an event I went to during my last few weeks of college. There was an R/C club at school (it was a technical college, after all) that had a little get-together for anyone with an R/C helicopter or plane. I didn't have one of my own, but I came anyway to take pictures of all the toys.

A homemade job here:

We had to go outside for this one. We wouldn't want anyone's head to get chopped off. That's not a joke.

06-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Nice 'copter pics!
02-02-2014, 11:46 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Surely we have some more toys out there?

A very tiny toy here, about the size of the tip of my pinkie.

05-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I was going to suggest a "dolls & toys" thread here. As scratchpaddy (cute ducks!) says, there must be more out there...? I got a kick out of some of the cute & clever toy photos on flickr. Would like to see some other members' pix here.
... Collectors do not consider these "toys", but....

09-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
From my new WG-20.
Attached Images

09-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alliecat Quote
I was going to suggest a "dolls & toys" thread here. As scratchpaddy (cute ducks!) says, there must be more out there...? I got a kick out of some of the cute & clever toy photos on flickr. Would like to see some other members' pix here. Collectors do not consider these "toys", but....
That larger girl she's a J Doll? I have two of those. I snagged them a few years ago at Goodwill if you can believe that. They were in the loose Barbie bin. They had NO idea of what they were. I nearly bought another one the other day at Tuesday Morning when they had two but I just didn't like the outfit she had on at all and I already have one very similar to her in terms of eye and hair color. I don't do Pullips myself but just an FYI, I saw some of those at Tuesday morning this past week too and they were CHEAP, like $14 a pop so you might want to go check if you have one near you...
10-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
That larger girl she's a J Doll? I have two of those. I snagged them a few years ago at Goodwill if you can believe that. They were in the loose Barbie bin. They had NO idea of what they were. I nearly bought another one the other day at Tuesday Morning when they had two but I just didn't like the outfit she had on at all and I already have one very similar to her in terms of eye and hair color. I don't do Pullips myself but just an FYI, I saw some of those at Tuesday morning this past week too and they were CHEAP, like $14 a pop so you might want to go check if you have one near you...
Yes, they are -- cool that you have a couple too. They're great models.
There are no Tuesday Mornings in Canada Augh, $14! A few members of a collectors' forum are keeping up a running commentary of what they've found on their explorations of TMs. I'm just, like, "If anyone sees a...."
08-22-2019, 11:39 AM   #14
Unregistered User

thread rejuvenation?
08-22-2019, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice revival of this thread. Here we go.

McDonalds to the fore

Beware