Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PP Challenge #100 Winners

I really enjoyed the different interpretations. A lot of them were really great.

@Paleo Pete : Very nice, I like the crop and change of composition, and the classical bw conversion works great for the photo.

@iciworm : I was hoping to see some soft versions. Interesting use of crop ratio and vignetting to make a frame. Really cool, would look great printed on glossy paper

@sirjes2 : Another classic black and white. Big contrast between the object and the border, good use of vignetting

@todd : Another black and white, but quite different from the others. Very sharp and stark, realistic. You also brought back the highlights and got some nice detail on the church.

@meeverett : I like what you did with the colours, and you are right, you really made the building "pop" as the centre of attention

@stek-7 : A nice black and white conversion, I like the contrast you created between the dark branches and the bright building, really pulls attention to the little town.

@hagla : You really emphasized the "sunset" mood and made good use of the green, yellow, blue colour layers. A nice edit, makes the photo look more natural and attractive

@Akarak : Very creative. Cropped for different composition, used the original colours, but changed them to give the photo a certain mood, brought back the highlights. Love it.

@Tjompen1968 : Cool edit, very powerful and colourful. I don't think a small jpeg does it justice, but it would be very striking as a large print, with the contrasts, detail, and colours

@SointulArt : Processed the heck out of it indeed! And it looks good! Black and white, but very unique with the added light effects. Looks like a scene from a movie

@astonm : Good use of close cropping to fix the composition and bring out the detail. You brought back the highlights and gave the photo a more somber mood, but kept the sunset colours. Very cool

@wolfiegirl : Very striking, the blue really jumps out. Also some cropping to bring attention to the building and pull the eye along the framing branches.

@dmfw : Cool interpretation and creative use of filters. Quite a lot of detail is lost, but it does have this ancient painting kind of vibe. And good colour pallette, making it very pastel-looking

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Picking winners wasn't easy, because there are so many different and good interpretations. However, I picked the following:
Third place: todd
Second place: Paleo Pete
First place winner: Akarak !

Winning Entry:

Camera
PENTAX K-r

Focal Length
35mm

Aperture
f/5

Exposure
1/100s

ISO

Link to the PP Challenge 100 with all the entries:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/22757...nge-100-a.html

06-18-2013, 04:09 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
And winning entry quote, with short explanation:
QuoteOriginally posted by Akarak Quote
saw this at pentaxforuns facebook, i felt inspired by your picture, here it is my submission i hope you enjoy

I croped the image so the lines would fit into the intersections of the crop, removed the white shrubs because since they were really diferent color from the rest of the vegetation and in my opinion they were distracting from the main horizon church and housing, so did i remove the right part of the trees

PNG (1.2mb - https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/53456/1_Challenge_100.png )
Congratulations, thanks for participating, I really like it
06-18-2013, 07:06 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks a lot for the 2nd place and the excellent comments.

Congrats Akarak, nice job. I liked yours too, gives it a good mood.
06-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the vote and for hosting the challenge with an excellent choice of photo. Congrats to Akarak for the win. Looking forward to the next one.

06-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Thank you so much for the honour of hosting the PP Challenge #101