Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Love to!
Good deal. PM me your address and I'll get it on over to you (at some point this month)..

08-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Great stuff OzzRod! I really enjoyed your month.

As for me and the trusty little Industar 50-2... It's actually a very cool little lens. I just couldn't find my groove with it. My cheapo M42 adapter was giving me fits a lot early on so I gave up and moved the lens permanently to my K100D for the rest of the month. When I started the month I thought I was buying my used copy of FA77 in August, but then a deal too good to pass up made it time to buy in July so then the Industar became a bit of a distraction to my new toy... Then things got very busy at work and home and put even more of a damper on things.. So I ended up missing something like 11 days out of the month while most of what I was able to manufacture was just filler from my back yard taken during my weight lifting sessions.

The biggest way the Industar helped me this month was that it was like stepping on to the scale to realize that I've grown fat and lazy and that I have a lot of room to improve my photography skills. I've been finding it a stiff challenge to make interesting (to me anyway) images... I've been failing to sacrifice my time at the right times to get out in the right situations in the right light to make interesting images, and then even when I do I've been finding it difficult. But the desire is there so I press on while making sure to keep the right perspective as an amateur.

Again, I really like the little pancake. It is quirky and fun... It just came at a bad time for me personally when I've just shelled out big time for my fancy FA limited AF lenses that I want to be using all the time. I felt all month like I was in the wrong gear for Little Indu who wanted me to slow down and take my sweet time with it while all I could manage to do was try to push it along at a pace it refused to go...

As for the manual focusing... I was finding it harder to focus with this lens than my other MF lenses... I don't know what exactly to attribute that to. I don't yet have a working grasp of the distance rules, so that's part of the problem, but despite that I usually get much more consistent results with my other MF lenses...

Thanks for enduring my results. If anybody wants to be the next taker for the 'Single In Industar' just let me know. I would be happy for someone to show me what this thing can really do in the right hands for a month...
What you made with the industar was quite interresting and I liked your posts very much.
for focusing. I guess it is the combination between focus throw, the size of this lens end its position on the camera which can make focusin harder with it.
Thnaks for trying one month with this little pancake. I would have liked to shoot with that lens too in july but was completely busy with finishing my thesis
08-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #108
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Good deal. PM me your address and I'll get it on over to you (at some point this month)..
Maybe it is the start of a running pancake in singles challange. Not a bad idea
08-02-2013, 04:05 AM   #109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by willdmo Quote
Maybe it is the start of a running pancake in singles challange. Not a bad idea
I'm attracted to the idea of the lens undertaking a round-the-world journey with various challenge participants putting it through its paces before it makes its way home to Todd .

08-02-2013, 05:04 AM   #110
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hey all :-) just saw this about daily shooting and thought it might be a good read for the participants of the monthly single challenge..

10 Things I Learnt from Daily Shooting
08-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #111
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
a good read
it was a good read thanks
08-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #112
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A miniature version of the Travelling Nifty Fifty?