Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2013, 03:38 PM - 1 Like   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Happy Canada Day to all our Canuck mates: hope you've enjoyed your long weekend.

06-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
LOL and spend xxx$ on the FF instead!
Yes but you get a $600 discount for not buying the DA21! lucky you.
07-01-2013, 12:34 AM - 1 Like   #33
ASa

I'm in for July. I've just ordered myself a Q, but that has to wait 'til August. As I'm always on the move, and quad skating a lot I need something compact so it can't be the 50-150. I'm tempted to give the 50/1.7 another go... I'll see which lens produces the best images today and go from there!
07-01-2013, 04:44 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm going to have to bow out for this month. Work is still crazy. Hopefully next month.

NaCl(12-16 hrs a day leaves little time for discretionary activity)H2O

07-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
What happened to your k5?
My K-5 Went to service. Nothing seriouse happened to my camera, but I see it is running out of warrenty has surely over 30k shots and I never dared to rely on autofocus in less than perfect light; at least with my Sigma 17-70 blablabla HSM. I got an Pentax 16-50 to replace my Sigma, but focusing was broken (SDM issue). Thanks to the nice description somewhere in Pentaxforum I fixed the Sdm but the manual focus was broken too on that lens (slipped threw without action). I contacted the seller and he offered me to pay the half of the costs of lens fixing and I opted for rapairs in SDM and manual focus. So I shipped the camera with the lens, to get looked after the lowlight AF accuracy and a sensor cleaning in warrenty time. Today they wrote it is back on its way, so in the end of this week I can finally join again with the K-5
07-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by willdmo Quote
Today they wrote it is back on its way, so in the end of this week I can finally join again with the K-5
good deal! just took my first 50-2 shots.. Going to be a fun month.
07-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #37
ASa

I took some nice photos with the 15 while walking from home to work, but I really wasn't feeling very wideanglish... I was going to change to the 40 while in the subway, but didn't really feel that either. Got to my current temporary home and discovered that I had the 50 attached on my ME Super which is some 180 kilometers away. So I grabbed the 28. There's something on that lens which I can't quite put my finger on... The fov is very nearly perfect for my likings (35mm equivalent 42mm ) but I find it really hard to successfully manually focus. We'll see if I get over it with this month, I already had a month with it last year and I struggled, yet made some neat photos (IMO)

07-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ASa Quote
So I grabbed the 28. There's something on that lens which I can't quite put my finger on... The fov is very nearly perfect for my likings (35mm equivalent 42mm ) but I find it really hard to successfully manually focus. We'll see if I get over it with this month, I already had a month with it last year and I struggled, yet made some neat photos (IMO)
I hear ya.. This is why I bought the 31, even though I am not really able to do it justice. Run with it!
07-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

....but I find it really hard to successfully manually focus. We'll see if I get over it with this month, I already had a month with it last year and I struggled, yet made some neat photos (IMO)
F8 and be there - use the Hyperfocal Scale and shoot away!
07-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #40
ASa

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
F8 and be there - use the Hyperfocal Scale and shoot away!
I'm doing it that way, but still... Nah, probably just user error And thanks to OzzRod for pointing out I did the linking to my picture wrong. Been a while so apparently it takes some time Fixed now.
07-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fixed now.
ASa, I just came across this image by chance that I took a few years ago. I didn't know (until now) why I took it..
07-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #42
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For those wondering what Light is pointing at, here are a couple of extras I took which put it into context:

If you go in close on this one it might give you some further insight into the man and his vision.

07-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #43
ASa

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
ASa, I just came across this image by chance that I took a few years ago. I didn't know (until now) why I took it..
I want those plates! And since we're (now) a roller derby family that'd be perfect
07-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #44

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Happy Canada Day to all our Canuck mates: hope you've enjoyed your long weekend.
Thanks Rod! I'm having a great time out west. I have no means to post and properly comment so I have a lot of catching up to do when I return.
07-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want those plates! And since we're (now) a roller derby family that'd be perfect
Haha yes looks like you guys are dishing out a lot of ASawhip!