Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm afraid I have to drop out, just too much going on in my world. Only 3 weeks until I move into the new clinic, and just too much to be done, thanks for your understanding.

07-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Your contributions will be sorely missed Jack. Come back soon.
07-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #63
ASa

Hope to see you in the later months Jack!
07-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry also that I haven't been able to post my shots. Internet was spotty at best while we were in the NC mountains, and now I'm on reserve up in the DC area with no editing software. I've been shooting, but no way to do anything, so I'll bulk upload as soon as I have a chance.

07-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sorry folks I have been MIA for a week or so because of end of term work. I had a charge at commenting today SO I hope I am up to date. Also thanks for all the comments on my shot for the 6th which made it to Explore.

Patrick
07-14-2013, 05:00 AM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patjp Quote
Also thanks for all the comments on my shot for the 6th which made it to Explore.
Patrick
Congratulations Pat, thoroughly deserved; it's an excellent shot. Our small group's only Explore so far this month too I think.
07-14-2013, 10:20 PM - 1 Like   #67
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Todd asked for examples from the other lenses used in my Eskimo Joe shoot. The full gallery can be found HERE. These ones are at higher resolution than the web images.

FA77

FA31 (a bit noisy but hey, it was dark)

And for fun, another with the DA21/K-01 combo. Kav was singing their iconic "Helen" after walking into the audience to find a pretty girl to sing it to. Needless to say the light was almost non-existant.

07-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
FA77
great shot

FA31 (a bit noisy but hey, it was dark)
great shot! no noise bothering me atall and has the classic rendering to it.

after walking into the audience to find a pretty girl to sing it to.
no lack of pretty girls to pick from either!

very cool shots
07-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #69
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Well, fellows, I can't seem to get up and out so I'm going to have to drop out this month. I've got a new lens coming tomorrow so maybe I'll be up and ready in August. We'll see.
07-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got a chance to process and upload the 9th thru the 15th. Hope you enjoy them.
07-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #71
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Update on my health. I went to the eye doctor today and he said I would have to have cataract surgery that fitting me with glasses would not help my eye sight. So, I am not sure when the surgery will take place but I won't be here for singles in for a few months. He said my eyes are so bad it's like looking though the end of a coke bottle. And I'm not seeing the correct colors either.
07-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Update on my health. I went to the eye doctor today and he said I would have to have cataract surgery that fitting me with glasses would not help my eye sight. So, I am not sure when the surgery will take place but I won't be here for singles in for a few months. He said my eyes are so bad it's like looking though the end of a coke bottle. And I'm not seeing the correct colors either.
wow hang in there and get back here as soon as you can without those coke bottles!

as far me I hope to be back at it soon too. Work and life have been having their ways with me but I won't give up on the month entirely.
07-18-2013, 04:20 AM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
All the best for a speedy op and recovery Mar!
Take care of yourself!
07-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #74
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Thanks todd and Patrick. I hope it starts soon, I'd like to be able to see what I've been missing.
07-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #75

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Well folks, I had great intentions, I even took shots every day while I was in Calgary. Then I got really ill and I've spent a while in bed, today is my first day to get out of bed and would you believe I have a doctors appointment. I haven't picked up the camera for a long time so I am missing a lot of shots for July. The long and the short of it is I have to cry uncle and know that for this month I am beat and I will start fresh next month.

Stevi