Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
Well folks, I had great intentions, I even took shots every day while I was in Calgary. Then I got really ill and I've spent a while in bed, today is my first day to get out of bed and would you believe I have a doctors appointment. I haven't picked up the camera for a long time so I am missing a lot of shots for July. The long and the short of it is I have to cry uncle and know that for this month I am beat and I will start fresh next month.

Stevi
Thanks for checking in Stevi. Looking forward to your return when you're back to strength. Take care.

07-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Well folks, I had great intentions, I even took shots every day while I was in Calgary. Then I got really ill and I've spent a while in bed, today is my first day to get out of bed and would you believe I have a doctors appointment. I haven't picked up the camera for a long time so I am missing a lot of shots for July. The long and the short of it is I have to cry uncle and know that for this month I am beat and I will start fresh next month.
Take care of yourself Stevi, your health is more important than photos! As you know I have the 'sister illness' to yours and the heat and humidity we've been suffering down here has been knocking me about too.
07-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #78
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I didn't include this in my daily post. I wanted to include the dramatic cloudy sky in the background but was unsure how it would be received. It needed quite heavy PP to bring the dynamic range into line.

It's getting a bit of love so I thought I'd share it here

07-22-2013, 04:04 AM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
SINGLE IN AUGUST ????????

I know it's over a week away but ...... just wondering what level of interest there is for August. We're down to a very small, but select, group at present ...... I'm keen to run again but would like some company.

07-22-2013, 04:53 AM - 1 Like   #80
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Totally up for August. I can't help myself.
DA10-17 or DA*300? I'm willing to be convinced.
07-22-2013, 10:29 AM - 1 Like   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
SINGLE IN AUGUST
I'm down as long as you guys are ok with me going MIA when I need to... I think I'll need to go with FA77.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
DA*300
YES
07-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #82

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
I'm still waiting to hear from the latest battery of tests so I'm going to hold off for the moment, but I really want to join in .

07-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #83
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I would like to do August but the only new lens I have is the new to me, Tamron M90 Macro 1:1. since it is manual focus and I've had to go AF, I can't see me trying to see if anything is in focus. So, I'm going to sit out this month or until my eye surgery is over and done.

Last edited by photolady95; 07-22-2013 at 05:14 PM.
07-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #84
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm still waiting to hear from the latest battery of tests so I'm going to hold off for the moment, but I really want to join in .
Fingers crossed Stevi; hope you can make it.
07-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I would like to do August but the only new lens I have is the new to me, Tamron M90 Macro 1:1. since it is manual focus and I've had to go AF, I can't see me trying to see if anything is in focus. So, I'm going to sit out this month or until my eye surgery is over and done.
I understand your concerns about focus and eye surgery Mar, but do note that participants don't need a new lens every month to play. Nice yes, but not essential. We've all done re-runs with lenses we've used in the Challenge before. All the best.
07-22-2013, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll be back in for August...don't know yet which lens I'll be using...
07-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #87
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I know Rod, I was just hoping I would get to use the new lens this month. And I'm not sure when the eye surgery is going to take place. I haven't heard from the doctor that's supposed to be contacting me. I'm going to call the doctor that is doing the referring tomorrow and see if I can find out a time line. If it doesn't happen this month, I'll probably try to join in August with one of my AF lenses.

I might go with the one I've been using the last couple of days. My Sigma 70-300mm Macro. I've uploaded a few from today and yesterday in my flickr. if any of you would like a look see.
07-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #88
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
I'll be back in for August...
Yes!
07-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
SINGLE IN AUGUST ????????

I know it's over a week away but ...... just wondering what level of interest there is for August. We're down to a very small, but select, group at present ...... I'm keen to run again but would like some company.
The weather has been miserable, and I'll be starting at the new surgery on 5th August, but I do miss the taking and posting of shots, and my friends here, so...
I will re-join in August. I think DA*16-50 needs a thorough workout, and I'll try to throw in a few film shots as well, (K1000 with FA43).
07-23-2013, 09:11 PM - 1 Like   #90
Inactive Account

Hey, I'm new but would love to join in for August. Probably start simple with a Pentax-A f2 50mm