Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
07-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Rod! I have done one month with this lens, but It's nice to do it again.

07-31-2013, 05:16 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'll be back this August with my DA*16-50mm.

My first Singles Challenge was August 2011 when I used this same lens - it was the very first "good" lens I bought to partner my Kr. Since then I've completed 17 out of a possible 24 challenges and I haven't used the 16-50 since the first one. So I reckon it will be a great opportunity to try and put into practice some of the many things I've learned in the last two years. Apart from that, I'll be away for the last few days of the month, so I had to pick a lens from my "travel kit". The DA*16-50 was the standout, but followed closely by my DA55-300 and my DA10-17. Oh and yes, the DA15 is probably coming too.
07-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Great choise. I like that we all who have been doing this for a while have been learning so much about these lenses. Bad days, good days, safety, how to push limits and so. tomorrow it begins.

I made some mistakes in filter merchandice, so I'll get correct adapter ring later on. Or I just change from zoom to a prime...you will see that tomorrow.
07-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Decided on a Pentax-A 50mm F2, likely to be on my K30. I'll try to hold up through the entire month, though school kicks in mid-August

07-31-2013, 08:15 PM   #20

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Here's the plan for August, I'm going to join in, but I'm not sure with what - I know cutting it kind of close since it is already the 1st in some parts of the world. I have a good opportunity for some great potential shots tomorrow night so depending on what results I get with whatever lenses I take will dictate the choice for the rest of the month.

I will also miss some days and I've decided in advance not to worry about those days (I'm a bit Type A and missing a commitment bends me a little out of shape - even if it's just for fun). Since we bought a cottage quite literally in the middle of nowhere, I spend quite a bit of time there and I don't have proper access to the internet to post photos. My cell phone coverage works out there, but tethering is expensive and honestly it's nice to disconnect for a while. With the cell phone access I can comment but not upload without going into financial difficulties. So I will aim to take shots while I am away and if I am well enough and able I will post those late. If I can't manage it then I will skip those days. Hopefully I am worrying for nothing and I can share some of the views that make the cottage so wonderful.
07-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
So I will aim to take shots while I am away and if I am well enough and able I will post those late. If I can't manage it then I will skip those days. Hopefully I am worrying for nothing and I can share some of the views that make the cottage so wonderful.
Stevi, I'm interested in seeing what you have to offer whenever you get a chance to post. So...
I guess I'm in for this month too. K55/1.8 will be the lens. I'm not going anywhere, don't have any money, so I'll see this out the whole the month. Seeing as how it's the 1st most places in the world, I'd like to fudge the dates and post a photo I took today. Tomorrow will be much too long at work and I'll be nowhere near a computer and when I get home it will be time for bed. Looking forward to the month.
07-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #22

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by WWIFA Quote
Stevi, I'm interested in seeing what you have to offer whenever you get a chance to post.
Here's one I took over the weekend while I was at the cabin, my first shareable ruby throated hummingbird (I took a lot that weren't worth sharing):

08-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Looks like we're off to a good start already with much of the world still to reach August 1st. Welcome Axel; welcome back regulars; and Stevi - you know we're flexible - show us your cottage when you can
08-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Won't have Internet access again till Monday the 5th so I will start the month then... lens still TBD!
08-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Back in the fray with an FA50/1.4 It's been 2 years since I did my first one of these
08-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #26
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I haven't gotten anything for today. Humidity too high so I stayed on my oxygen all day. Even my medicine didn't help me breathe without the concentrator. Also I have a K30 coming in on Saturday, and will be busy the first five days of this month. I will start my Single in August on Monday.
08-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #27

So it's done, I finally posted for August 1st and I picked the kit lens for the month DA 18-55 f3.5-5.6.
08-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Hello lads, I have made a change in my plans due the fact that I did not get right adapter for my tokina to go with Cokin...so, now when I have adapter for 52 mm I can use it with my A24/2.8 I'll do that instead. So My choice is pentax A 24/2.8 for this month. It is fun little gem too. And I'll use it with cokin set...which is made out of plastic btw. 10 times cheaper than LEE system, which is metal and glass.

Good luck every one and have fun!
08-02-2013, 02:39 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Im In, My shot of yesterday needs som PP to be bublished, and than I can start...

My lens is the Trioplan 100/2.8
08-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been shooting, but no chance to process and post. I did go with the Pentacon 50/1.8 (M42). It's got a min focal range of ~10cm and most of the throw of the ring is for <1M, so a rather compressed section from infinity to fairly close in. Might make focusing interesting to be spot on for everyday shots.