Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2013, 03:16 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
PP Challenge 104 Winners

D1N0 - I really like this one. The partial desaturation gives it a nice deep warm tone. It
also gives a new dimension with its "fog" in from the sea, that adds a new depth and
dimension to the picture. Overall a nice balance and a nice thin frame. Very Well done!

atupdate - This is what seems to be the most true-to-life to what I saw when I took the
picture. I like that you cropped from the right, the added contrast and what you did to the
colors and overall exposure and that you added a little more "drama" to the sky. Very well done!

alamo5000 - I like the tight crop and the color punch you gave the picture, which brings
focus to the boats, especially the yellow one closest. The color of the sky became a bit too
magenta for my liking (on my screen). The crop still gives depth through foreground, middle
and far away, but I personally miss some of the depth, contrast and balance that the pier gave
together with the boat. Well done!

jmschrei - I love the balance of this picture. A very successful tight crop, that got rid of
the distractions and still kept the balance between the remaining elements in the picture.
You found some more light from the sun and still kept a little drama in the sky. I love the
touch of dreamy feeling this one gives. Very Well Done!

I really liked all the entries, thank you all for your participation!

And here it is, my picks for the top places...

Third place: jmschrei

Second place: atupdate

First place: D1N0 (Should fit in any art-gallery)

Back to the CHALLENGE

07-29-2013, 03:58 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Thanks! Hagla for your compliments. It was fun to make. I'll try to open a new topic later today.
07-29-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
Pentaxian

A great choice for the winner. When I was looking through the different effect filters available in PSP X4 I found a fog filter. I really wanted to use it but I thought it looked like I was copying from D1N0. D1N0, you set the bar pretty high with your entry and I'm looking forward to working on one of your images.

Tim
07-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations D1N0, a well deserved win. Thanks for hosting hagla and for offering a shot with such great structure to work with.