Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
08-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey All!

I've never participated in a "Single in" challenge, but I think September might be the month for me

But not without a hiccup...

Is it possible to submit a picture late, even if taken on the correct day? For instance, I will be in a field training exercise in mid September, but I will be photographing the hell out of it Assuming I won't have internet access, as long as the photos were taken on the correct days, can they be posted to the day's thread at most a week late? The dates are 16-21 September when I will be gone. I will be able to access PF on my iPhone (assuming there's signal - I haven't been to this specific demolitions range in two years and I can't remember), but uploading pics wouldn't be possible.

I understand if this DQ's me, but just wanted to check.

If accepted, I would use the DA* 55 - a lens I love but don't give anywhere near enough attention to. That and it would help me to embrace primes more

Thanks!

-Heie

08-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos can be uploaded and posted at any time during the month. It does not have to be on that date. Glad to have you aboard Alex!
08-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #18

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Is it possible to submit a picture late, even if taken on the correct day? For instance, I will be in a field training exercise in mid September, but I will be photographing the hell out of it Assuming I won't have internet access, as long as the photos were taken on the correct days, can they be posted to the day's thread at most a week late? The dates are 16-21 September when I will be gone. I will be able to access PF on my iPhone (assuming there's signal - I haven't been to this specific demolitions range in two years and I can't remember), but uploading pics wouldn't be possible.
No problem, the challenge is only something for fun. I too will be away for at least a week and I may post late as a result. I go out to the lake and there is limited internet connection where I'll be so it isn't easy to post every day.
08-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Considering to play again... But I have to choose a lens, and I have to feel ok at the end of August....

08-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #20

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
I forgot to say I'm in too. I think with my DA L 55-300mm, but we'll see I might change my mind before the end of the week.
08-25-2013, 08:21 AM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like a great line up of new and returning faces joining up for September. Alas I will not be back until November as I know well now that work will be absolutely insane (in a positive way for the most part) for the next two months. I will however check in on the activity from the sidelines as time allows. To all the newcomers, have fun but be careful, the Single In challenges can be come habit forming and you run the risk of getting to know some fantastic folks from around the world!
08-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just realized it was a year ago I was shooting telephone booths.. time flies - Single In kicks one in the rear to get out and make some photos. I saw a Helios 44-2 in a local shop for a reasonable sum, it also had a 40mm XS (but I spent that money on a repair for my 21 Ltd.) - I'll be in, but shooting what i wont know until next week. I've really been enjoying Ektar 100 though.. so who knows. I also picked up some Portra 400... so many choices, so many formats. I still retain my Q.... sigh. You guys give me G.A.S. I dont know why I hang out here (really, it's because you're a good bunch of people)

08-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think I'll have to re up for September, too. The leaves are going to start changing and the elk will be coming down to the meadows in RMNP. We may even get some snow on the changing leaves. I'm leaning towards my Tamron Adaptall 60-300 23A. Love the rendering and the reach for wildlife. We shall see how September goes...
08-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heie,

If you look at my current and past month, you'll see that it's a constant challenge for me to process and upload photos during the month as I'm on the road so frequently with the airlines. But with the travels, comes opportunities to shoot new places and keep it interesting. So, don't worry about it. Shoot when you can shoot, with the goal of at least one shot per day from your lens 'o choice for the month, and upload when you can.
08-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Well then....it looks like I don't have any excuse not to. I've been meaning to jump in on one of these for a while now - I have noticed that one of my greatest faults is lack of consistency, and this exercise will no doubt be an exercise in more than merely picture taking. I'm excited.

Aside from the lack of connectivity, though, it has just occurred to me that there will be an even larger obstacle to overcome...

Oktoberfest in Munich is the last two weeks of September

-Heie
08-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
it has just occurred to me that there will be an even larger obstacle to overcome...

Oktoberfest in Munich is the last two weeks of September
That's not an obstacle, that's an opportunity
08-26-2013, 12:57 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
That's not an obstacle, that's an opportunity
Of course it is. But usually the photographers aren't participating in the liters of drinking as well
08-26-2013, 02:38 AM - 1 Like   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi everyone,

I'm in, first up attempt so here's hoping I can keep up. I own two primes and haven't shot enough with them, so that's incentive enough to go with one of those, probably DA35. I was tempted to go with the *60-250 which is a new pony in my stable, but its spent a lot of time on my camera of late.
08-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #29
Veteran Member

I'm in again, and for this month I think I choose my DA21 ltd, I didn't use it enough since I bought it.
08-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #30
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Well, I'm in for September. I was telling eye doctor's scheduling person about our challenge and she said I could play in September but I would be out for October. That's when the surgery will take place. They found that my eye pressure was too high and they're going to have to bring that down before they can even dilate my eyes to see my cataracts. So, the beginning of October I'm scheduled to have them laser a hole in my right eye, then I go back in a week to see how that's doing, if everything right, then I go back a week later to let them evaluate that eye. Then if everything is okay with that eye, a week later I go back so they do the left eye....then another week to see if that is fixed. If it all goes well, they'll schedule me for the laser surgery to remove the cataracts. I was kind of scared when he told me about the pressure in my eyes and why he couldn't dilate them. He said if he went ahead and dilated my eyes before bringing the pressure down, I could end up blind. That's scary, real scary!!