Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 791 Likes Search this Thread
08-06-2016, 06:39 AM - 3 Likes   #781
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster

This one from 1978 Pentax MX and M100mm, Kodak negative.

08-06-2016, 12:50 PM   #782
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
very life like
08-07-2016, 03:34 AM - 1 Like   #783
Veteran Member

I was looking through my old slide archives and came up with a few dating back to the mid-to-late 1980s. These are probably all Kodachromes.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NEX-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NEX-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NEX-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NEX-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NEX-7  Photo 
08-08-2016, 12:02 AM   #784
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote

Wow! I really like this.

Regards,
Richard.

08-08-2016, 09:12 PM   #785
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
I was looking through my old slide archives and came up with a few dating back to the mid-to-late 1980s. These are probably all Kodachromes.
Like the evening shot of "Tony's"!

Phil.

---------- Post added 08-08-16 at 09:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote

Great shot!

Phil.
08-22-2016, 05:45 AM - 1 Like   #786
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Posted about some of the old family cameras in another thread, thought it would be appropriate to post a couple of images from the the 1920's here.

I believe that both of these were taken with a Brownie 2 Model F - the truck with the horses is 1928 based on the license plate and the car in the field is circa 1924-1926.

I think the truck is a Ford Model AA, still trying to identify the car.

---------------------

After some following comments and with some more hunting around - I am 99.9 % sure the truck is a Graham Brothers Dodge.

------------------
Sept. 3rd - added photo of 1928 Graham on display in the Reynolds Alberta Museum.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Perfection4870  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
9000F  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 

Last edited by YeOldePentaxian; 09-03-2016 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Truck model name
08-23-2016, 02:23 AM   #787
Veteran Member

They don't look like Ford wheels.

Maybe 1928 REO SpeedWagon?

http://www.paulnoll.com/Oregon/Family/farm-James-A-Noll-30-truck-big.html

Last edited by p38arover; 08-23-2016 at 02:48 AM.
08-23-2016, 03:45 AM   #788
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I like the awnings on the car windows - could really use those in the tropics.
08-23-2016, 06:26 AM   #789
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
They don't look like Ford wheels.

Maybe 1928 REO SpeedWagon?

1928 REO Speedwagon Truck
Thanks for that, the wheels on the Noll truck picture do look similar. The wheels on the truck in my picture are 6 spoke and I haven't been able to track down an exact duplicate.

The wheels are a puzzle, but then when I look at other elements of the truck like the rad it seems to point me back to the Ford.

When I'm up at the Reynolds museum on the long weekend I'll check out the 1920's trucks to see if I can confirm what I have in this image.
08-23-2016, 05:21 PM   #790
Veteran Member

Certainly the wheels look like those used by Dodge but look at the swage lines on the body and door. Identical to the REO.

Now look at the grille and body on this REO

http://jalopnik.com/5335063/1928-reo-slowwagon-for-3500

But maybe a Graham. See http://smclassiccars.com/dodge/31393-1928-graham-brothers-work-truck-origina...ry-unique.html

A better example is on https://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.p...ce=sh%2Fx%2Fim

Last edited by p38arover; 08-23-2016 at 05:38 PM.
08-24-2016, 01:12 PM   #791
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by YeOldePentaxian Quote

[ . . . ]

I think the truck is a Ford Model AA, still trying to identify the car.
Looks like the car could be a Chevrolet Capitol Coach. See that little curved chrome brace that holds the front "visor" in place? Both cars have it and it appears exactly the same. Apparently, Chevy kept that same model design for several years.

And I think you're probably right about that being a Dodge truck, too. That little half window behind the main side window had me wondering. REO doesn't have it. Ford doesn't have it. And neither does Chevrolet. But there are Dodge models that do have it. Like this one:

Note the wheels as well. They look to be pretty close to me. Only real difference I can find is the radiator. In the above photo, the radiator core appears to protrude in front of the chrome frame that surrounds it, whereas in this photo, and all others I could find, there is not this same sort of protrusion of the core.

Last edited by cooltouch; 08-24-2016 at 02:18 PM.
09-15-2016, 07:20 AM   #792
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Pentax MX/M28mm/2.8 Kodachrome Taken in 1981 Scanned with K5
1981 RX7

Last edited by arnold; 09-15-2016 at 07:10 PM.
09-15-2016, 08:45 AM - 5 Likes   #793
Veteran Member

I posted some photos in the "Let's see those Film shots" thread that were taken by my dad when he was in Korea during the conflict. They all date from 1952 to 1954, which was his time of service in Korea. Those I posted were the ones I had handy, but I have lots more. So I've dug through them and picked out several I like. I don't want to overload this thread, because I have lots of these photos, so I'll probably post them in more than one message.

The color shots are all Kodachromes. These slides have been hidden in a metal box for the past 62 years or so, rarely seen and I recall them being projected only once. The black and white shots were developed in Korea and the developing and storage of them was poor in many instances. Some of the most interesting were poorly exposed and some of the negatives have blotches and many, many scratches. Quite a few others were well exposed, developed and stored properly. I'll be displaying a mix of them here. At least some of the B&W emulsions were Plus X. Others I don't know because there is no information on the strips other than the exposure numbers.

I'm trying not to have any images duplicated from my earlier post in the "Let's see those Film shots" thread. If you haven't seen that post, I'd recommend you go take a look so you'll see a more complete record.

Korea's Capitol building in Seoul:

Another interesting looking old building in Seoul:

The Chang Duk Palace and Secret Garden:

A shopping district in Seoul:

Sign in Seoul protesting the end to hostilities:

A shot-up old building being renovated:

Dad at his desk in the old headquarters location:

Dad was assigned to the 23rd Quartermasters Group, which initially had their headquarters in Seoul. They relocated to a tent city outside Panmunjom, where he spent most of his time in country. Here are some shots of the tent city, a very large motor pool associated with it, and some shots of traffic and trains and stuff. Passing by the tent city was a railroad, and there was a dirt road that ran alongside of the tent city and crossed the railroad tracks, just beyond the city's main entrance. It was a common sight in many of his photos.

Some scenic shots (he didn't take very many of these):

A squadron of Sherman tanks moving north on the dirt road:

Sherman tanks being shipped north on the raillroad. These are the later, improved versions of the Shermans, with the high-velocity gun. Those above are WWII leftovers.

A squadron of Patton tanks heading south down the road:

A squadron of Walker Bulldog tanks heading south:

A Bell H-13 Sioux Helicopter on a helipad next to the tent city's main entrance:

Some B&W shots.

Another H-13 Sioux:

A couple of Sikorski H-19 Chicasaws:

An H-19 lifting off:

A troop train heading north. Dad took lots of pics of troop trains, heading both north and south.

Apparently, the 23rd QM Gp's motor pool was also a location for many ambulances:

A road grader carving out more room in the motor pool area:

Well, that's enough for now. I'll show more in a later post.
09-15-2016, 07:20 PM   #794
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Some of the most interesting were poorly exposed and some of the negatives have blotches and many, many scratches
These are such interesting historic pictures that can never be re-taken. I can see that the scans need work cleaning them up. I know that takes time - I spend hours getting rid of spots fungus and scratches - but they could be made into a portfolio for those organizations interested in was history. I would suggest, in order to not swamp any thread, you post a link to the bulk of the pictures, giving us samples in the thread.
09-15-2016, 07:44 PM   #795
Veteran Member

I posted some photos in the "Let's see those Film shots" thread that were taken by my dad when he was in Korea during the conflict. They all date from 1952 to 1954, which was his time of service in Korea. Those I posted were the ones I had handy, but I have lots more. So I've dug through them and picked out several I like. I don't want to overload this thread, because I have lots of these photos, so I'll probably post them in more than one message.
Instantaneous favorite. Thank you for sharing :-)