Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2018, 05:20 AM - 4 Likes   #1006
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Africa-Johannesburg
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,990
Here's me and my twin sister- around 1960. The story goes that the doctor told my mom that I was a perfect gentleman-I said ladies first, so my sister is about 10 minutes older than I am


Some dear friends. He has since left this life, and I not 100% sure, but I think the lady is still alive.


And the company secretary that passed on about two weeks ago. She is here holding my son and about two months old


07-16-2018, 10:25 AM - 3 Likes   #1007
Sorry for all this
Loyal Site Supporter
CharLac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ottawa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,682
Halifax KW-V, MZ538, Dad got a DFM flying this plane
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
08-06-2018, 08:46 AM - 3 Likes   #1008
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
rjm007's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 161
1981 - my first holiday outside the UK - travelling through Switzerland with college friends. This is the airport strip near Gstaad. That trip seems like a lifetime ago but I guess it is :-)

Camera - ME Super and the f2 nifty fifty. Film was probably Fujichrome - one up from the cheap Perutz I also used and a few down from the K64 I couldn't afford.
Attached Images
 
08-06-2018, 09:52 AM   #1009
Pentaxian
cooltouch's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 847
Ah yes, that was definitely an incentive back then -- Fujichrome was almost always cheaper than Kodachrome and gave great results, so it was very hard to resist. I shot a lot of it back in the day.

08-06-2018, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #1010
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
KC0PET's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Central Missouri
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,645
QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
Ah yes, that was definitely an incentive back then -- Fujichrome was almost always cheaper than Kodachrome and gave great results, so it was very hard to resist. I shot a lot of it back in the day.
No to mention the cost of the processing there towards the end. I, too shot a lot of Fujichrome but always loved Kodachrome 64.
08-07-2018, 01:07 AM   #1011
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Dartmoor Dave's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dartmoor, UK
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,479
QuoteOriginally posted by rjm007 Quote
Film was probably Fujichrome - one up from the cheap Perutz I also used and a few down from the K64 I couldn't afford.

Beautiful photo of an amazing place.

I've still got some Fujichromes shot back in that era and they've aged quite well. It's funny: I can retrace the financial ups and downs of my life just by looking back at which slide films I was using at different times. Kodachromes mean I was doing quite nicely, Ektachrome and Fujichrome mean I was being a bit more careful with my pennies, and the cheap no-brand stuff like Boots and Jessops mean that I was down on my luck. Living with a long-term health problem that comes along and knocks you sideways every three or four years will have that effect.
08-11-2018, 06:16 AM - 3 Likes   #1012
Pentaxian
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,417
Original Poster
[IMG][/IMG]

Cross post from 1961 Retinette !A, Sydney
08-11-2018, 08:41 AM - 7 Likes   #1013
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 100
I only purchased the SP500 a few months previous. It was my first SLR.

SP500 with ST 55mm F2 kit lens

Kodachrome

Dec 1972
Cherry Street drawbridge channel
Toronto Ontario



08-11-2018, 11:06 AM - 3 Likes   #1014
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 100
I took this shot of James Hunt using a friend's P&S camera. Long story short, I stayed with her family in Innsbruck for a few days during a summer trip to Europe in 1971. A few years later, she with her boyfriend visited Toronto in 1976. During the late seventies, I worked as a volunteer at all the major races at Mosport (including the Grand Prix) in the press information office and managed to get paddock passes for my friends.

It was midday Friday, (or Saturday, I forget), and we were standing outside the tower when James Hunt wanders up. As you can see, my friend was a very attractive young lady, and she had no trouble asking Hunt for his autograph. She gave me her camera and I snapped the shot of James Hunt signing an autograph for her. (Sunday he won the race, and ultimately the world championship.) She sent me this print in the mail after returning to Innsbruck.

The print is badly faded and 5" X 4", but I scanned it, opened it up in Affinity Photo, and aggressively boosted colour, contrast, and sharpened it. It didn't turn out too bad.

08-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #1015
Pentaxian
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,417
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Here's me and my twin sister- around 1960. The story goes that the doctor told my mom that I was a perfect gentleman-I said ladies first, so my sister is about 10 minutes older than I am


Some dear friends. He has since left this life, and I not 100% sure, but I think the lady is still alive.


And the company secretary that passed on about two weeks ago. She is here holding my son and about two months old
Photos really do help keep the past alive for us. Would Flicker or One-Drive be better for displaying your pictures?

---------- Post added 12-08-18 at 08:14 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Davep Quote
I took this shot of James Hunt using a friend's P&S camera. Long story short, I stayed with her family in Innsbruck for a few days during a summer trip to Europe in 1971. A few years later, she with her boyfriend visited Toronto in 1976. During the late seventies, I worked as a volunteer at all the major races at Mosport (including the Grand Prix) in the press information office and managed to get paddock passes for my friends.

It was midday Friday, (or Saturday, I forget), and we were standing outside the tower when James Hunt wanders up. As you can see, my friend was a very attractive young lady, and she had no trouble asking Hunt for his autograph. She gave me her camera and I snapped the shot of James Hunt signing an autograph for her. (Sunday he won the race, and ultimately the world championship.) She sent me this print in the mail after returning to Innsbruck.

The print is badly faded and 5" X 4", but I scanned it, opened it up in Affinity Photo, and aggressively boosted colour, contrast, and sharpened it. It didn't turn out too bad.
Always good to read the story behind the picture. It makes it so much more interesting.
08-27-2018, 10:46 AM - 2 Likes   #1016
Sorry for all this
Loyal Site Supporter
CharLac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ottawa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,682
My Dad....1944?

08-28-2018, 06:50 AM - 2 Likes   #1017
Pentaxian
cooltouch's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 847
My dad, after returning home from Korea, 1954. Kodachrome slide.

08-28-2018, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #1018
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
rjm007's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 161
"Portrait of the artist as a young man"

Well tortured soul more like. I am holding what remains of a K-Mount Cosina 35mm lens which as a student I'd scrimped and saved for. We were near the top of some Alp foothills and my girlfriend had managed to dislodge the lens which I'd put on the ground temporarily. It started rolling. Then it started bouncing off rocks. We legged it down the hill/mountain/Alp and I even had to ask someone if they'd seen a lens come by. :-)
Attached Images
 
08-29-2018, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #1019
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Africa-Johannesburg
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,990
Big Ben and the houses of Parliment- from my visit in 1988. Did not get any good shots as I was on one of those red bus tours
08-29-2018, 02:24 PM   #1020
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 100
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
My Dad....1944?
History. Hopefully, many memories for you. My Dad was a (training) Sergeant at Camp Utopia in New Brunswick during WW2.

---------- Post added Aug 29th, 2018 at 05:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rjm007 Quote
"Portrait of the artist as a young man"

Well tortured soul more like. I am holding what remains of a K-Mount Cosina 35mm lens which as a student I'd scrimped and saved for. We were near the top of some Alp foothills and my girlfriend had managed to dislodge the lens which I'd put on the ground temporarily. It started rolling. Then it started bouncing off rocks. We legged it down the hill/mountain/Alp and I even had to ask someone if they'd seen a lens come by. :-)
Ouch! Oh well, just remember the memorable trip, and forget the details. Err, any chance you still know the young lady?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
50mm, bill, camera, channel, church, cloth, film, hang, kodachrome, norway, pentax, pentax-m, photo, photos, picture, pm, post, result, rexatar, ricoh, singlex, smc, statue, steel, steve, timor, tls, truck, tv, walla
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Machinery Three tri-motor aircraft from 1990 ismaelg Post Your Photos! 5 02-11-2017 08:31 AM
How they do those Before-After pics boriscleto General Talk 4 02-10-2012 11:01 PM
Removing those "old school" labels from your gear? jgmankos Photographic Technique 16 06-08-2010 01:43 PM
Travel Some photos from last weeks car show r0ckstarr Post Your Photos! 4 10-01-2009 07:16 PM
Those pretty faces in Motor Show vinceloc Post Your Photos! 8 08-23-2008 06:08 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:20 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top