Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2019, 01:14 AM   #1096
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hey Dartmoor Dave, about the vignetting in that lovely photo of yours, this was a "feature" common to photos I took with my much-loved Vivitar S1 28-90. It happens with that lens when set to its widest setting at wide open apertures. Once stopped down a bit, the vignetting disappears. I just ignored it, it didn't really bother me, but it was there, and when I saw your photo, that was the first thing I thought of. Do you recall the lens you were using? Also, with some wides, the addition of a filter can cause a similar amount of vignetting.

04-14-2019, 12:52 PM - 2 Likes   #1097
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

When Dad was at Penhold, Alberta, teaching on these Harvards. He might even be flying one!

mid-50s

04-15-2019, 05:25 AM - 1 Like   #1098
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not nearly as noisy as a Harvard. I think this might be my great-grandfather but not sure yet. You can just make out "Magog Garage" at the back on the right.

04-19-2019, 03:15 PM - 2 Likes   #1099
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Edmonton river valley shot from our apartment in September of 1982. A little straightening and touching up a couple of dust spots. Some vignetting in the corners, did not have a hood for this lens at that time.

Ektachrome scan, Pentax ME, M28 2.8

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Perfection4870  Photo 
05-07-2019, 09:43 PM   #1100
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I did many overnights in YEG. Have there been big changes since your photo?
4 Days Ago   #1101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Have there been big changes since your photo?
Yes, just a few. In this Earth Cam view one of the apartment buildings in the distance across the river valley, seen above the Rogers Place (new Oilers hockey area), was the location I took the photo. There is a webcam on one of the buildings with a similar view, can't seem to find the link at the moment.

EarthCam - Edmonton Cam

The lowest bridge in the foreground near the power plant has recently been replaced.

Walterdale Bridge :: Live Stream :: City of Edmonton

Last edited by YeOldePentaxian; 4 Days Ago at 07:17 AM.