Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2015, 05:39 PM - 1 Like   #646
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There'll be slight bit of cross-posting for some of my favorite, but my father and I have been going through old slides slowly over the past year and continue to do so. I've several hundred scanned thus far, both my father's and even more from my grandfather, most of them old Kodachrome which is one of my favorites to scan and clean up.

This is my grandmother on their honeymoon in 1947, somewhere in Utah or Wyoming probably. I'm really fond of this photo.

Another of my grandmother in the very house I grew up in (the house of my great-grandparents) sometime in the mid-sixties at a get-together of sorts.

and one more for now, of my mom at Canon Beach in 1981 - taken by my father with his Nikkormat on Ektachrome if I recall.

10-08-2015, 05:09 PM   #647
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Acapulco Cliff Diver

Some time ago I posted this in another thread. But it fits here as well.

This is a scan of a 4x6 print - the negative is long gone. Captured in April 1987 with a K1000 and JCP 80-200mm zoom, I probably used a 100 asa Kodak film. I may have used a 2x TC as well.

This particular diver was about twelve years old. Somewhere I have a photo him and the other divers that day. I should scan that too.

The orb at top-center is the hole from the push-pin that kept the photo on my bulletin board.

Cheers,
Fred
10-09-2015, 08:48 AM - 3 Likes   #648
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Crossposted from "Post your B&W Film shots":
Annual market and festival in the High Atlas mountains, Morocco, October 1983. MX with M 2.8/28mm on Ilford HP5, scanned with Nikon Super Coolscan LS-9000 ED.

10-09-2015, 04:38 PM   #649
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hollywoodfred Quote
Acapulco Cliff Diver
Good catch, and you didn't need 7FPS or auto focus.

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
Annual market and festival in the High Atlas mountains, Morocco, October 1983. MX with M 2.8/28mm on Ilford HP5
What are those guys on the left huddled over I wonder.

10-09-2015, 07:05 PM   #650
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
What are those guys on the left huddled over I wonder.
Hot game of Mancala?

Steve
10-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #651
Veteran Member

My mother and close friend at school at PLU in Tacoma WA, late 60s. (I just found out this was with his old Minolta - not sure which model)

Last edited by Eyewanders; 10-10-2015 at 12:56 PM.
10-10-2015, 04:37 PM - 1 Like   #652
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
My mother and close friend at school at PLU in Tacoma WA, late 60s. (I just found out this was with his old Minolta - not sure which model)
Gee, blowing bubbles, an innocence rarely seen these cynical times. Reviving these old photos recognizes that that is the very purpose of photography. Preserving and remembering moments in time.

11-04-2015, 07:11 PM - 1 Like   #653
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

My parents visited Paris in 1974. I liked this image for the poses of the people, as well as the clothing. This is the Galerie Nationale du Jeu de Paume, where my mother had an opportunity to see some of the great works of the Impressionists. These works are now in the Musee d'Orsay, where I saw them in 1994.

Impressionist Collection
by RobGeraghty, on Flickr

There are some other interesting slides of Paris and Versailles. My mother used a half-frame Olympus camera, and I believe that my father was using a 35mm Voigtlander; the latter was the first 35mm camera I tried, and my interest led Dad to buy a Chinon CE4s which started me using cameras with the Pentax mount.

PS I'm very glad that my Nikon LS30 still works, and I have Vuescan. The automatic cleaning and colour restoration features of Vuescan save an enormous amount of time getting old colour slides back to their original colour balance and removing scratches and mould.
11-05-2015, 12:14 AM   #654
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
My parents visited Paris in 1974. I liked this image for the poses of the people, as well as the clothing. This is the Galerie Nationale du Jeu de Paume, where my mother had an opportunity to see some of the great works of the Impressionists. These works are now in the Musee d'Orsay, where I saw them in 1994.

Impressionist Collection

There are some other interesting slides of Paris and Versailles. My mother used a half-frame Olympus camera, and I believe that my father was using a 35mm Voigtlander; the latter was the first 35mm camera I tried, and my interest led Dad to buy a Chinon CE4s which started me using cameras with the Pentax mount.

PS I'm very glad that my Nikon LS30 still works, and I have Vuescan. The automatic cleaning and colour restoration features of Vuescan save an enormous amount of time getting old colour slides back to their original colour balance and removing scratches and mould.
The museum lighting gives it a painting like feel. People certainly had more pride in their dress in the past.
11-05-2015, 12:57 AM - 1 Like   #655
Veteran Member

I recently acquired over 1 thousand old slides of my dads, I digitised them using an Oly E-3 and macro setup, bouncing a wireless flash under them on a jerry rigged sort of light table (it worked)
Some were taken in the 70's, but others earlier, Steam Loco 500 was condemned in 1963 so they had to be taken before then. Steam Loco 224 is still operational today on a tourist line near here and 520 is getting a resto. Most are on Kodachrome, and some random medium format negs.

11-05-2015, 02:07 AM   #656
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Grippy Quote
I recently acquired over 1 thousand old slides of my dads,
Great shots, let us see more of those old slides. If you can add descriptions, even better. Where was the street scene? Looks about 1961.
11-05-2015, 02:32 AM   #657
Veteran Member

Great shots, let us see more of those old slides. If you can add descriptions, even better. Where was the street scene? Looks about 1961.
Thanks mate. We have worked out the street scene was early 60's and looks to be Seaview Rd, Henley Beach, Adelaide.
11-05-2015, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #658

Wow! Just browsed throught this thread from top to bottom. Some real gems in here, you really get a great feeling of how life was in a lot of the photos.
11-05-2015, 10:35 PM   #659
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The museum lighting gives it a painting like feel. People certainly had more pride in their dress in the past.
True on both points! Your comment just made me realise that the the decorative border on the arch to the next room is just like a painting frame.
11-07-2015, 04:06 AM   #660
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The Place de l'Opera, Paris, 1974. Kodak Ektachrome.

Place de l'Opera