Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2018, 05:20 AM - 4 Likes   #1006
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's me and my twin sister- around 1960. The story goes that the doctor told my mom that I was a perfect gentleman-I said ladies first, so my sister is about 10 minutes older than I am

Some dear friends. He has since left this life, and I not 100% sure, but I think the lady is still alive.

And the company secretary that passed on about two weeks ago. She is here holding my son and about two months old

07-16-2018, 10:25 AM - 3 Likes   #1007
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Halifax KW-V, MZ538, Dad got a DFM flying this plane
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
08-06-2018, 08:46 AM - 3 Likes   #1008

1981 - my first holiday outside the UK - travelling through Switzerland with college friends. This is the airport strip near Gstaad. That trip seems like a lifetime ago but I guess it is :-)

Camera - ME Super and the f2 nifty fifty. Film was probably Fujichrome - one up from the cheap Perutz I also used and a few down from the K64 I couldn't afford.
Attached Images

08-06-2018, 09:52 AM   #1009
Veteran Member

Ah yes, that was definitely an incentive back then -- Fujichrome was almost always cheaper than Kodachrome and gave great results, so it was very hard to resist. I shot a lot of it back in the day.

08-06-2018, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #1010
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
Ah yes, that was definitely an incentive back then -- Fujichrome was almost always cheaper than Kodachrome and gave great results, so it was very hard to resist. I shot a lot of it back in the day.
No to mention the cost of the processing there towards the end. I, too shot a lot of Fujichrome but always loved Kodachrome 64.
08-07-2018, 01:07 AM   #1011
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rjm007 Quote
Film was probably Fujichrome - one up from the cheap Perutz I also used and a few down from the K64 I couldn't afford.

Beautiful photo of an amazing place.

I've still got some Fujichromes shot back in that era and they've aged quite well. It's funny: I can retrace the financial ups and downs of my life just by looking back at which slide films I was using at different times. Kodachromes mean I was doing quite nicely, Ektachrome and Fujichrome mean I was being a bit more careful with my pennies, and the cheap no-brand stuff like Boots and Jessops mean that I was down on my luck. Living with a long-term health problem that comes along and knocks you sideways every three or four years will have that effect.
08-11-2018, 06:16 AM - 3 Likes   #1012
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
[IMG][/IMG]

Cross post from 1961 Retinette !A, Sydney

08-11-2018, 08:41 AM - 7 Likes   #1013
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I only purchased the SP500 a few months previous. It was my first SLR.

SP500 with ST 55mm F2 kit lens

Kodachrome

Dec 1972
Cherry Street drawbridge channel
Toronto Ontario

08-11-2018, 11:06 AM - 3 Likes   #1014
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I took this shot of James Hunt using a friend's P&S camera. Long story short, I stayed with her family in Innsbruck for a few days during a summer trip to Europe in 1971. A few years later, she with her boyfriend visited Toronto in 1976. During the late seventies, I worked as a volunteer at all the major races at Mosport (including the Grand Prix) in the press information office and managed to get paddock passes for my friends.

It was midday Friday, (or Saturday, I forget), and we were standing outside the tower when James Hunt wanders up. As you can see, my friend was a very attractive young lady, and she had no trouble asking Hunt for his autograph. She gave me her camera and I snapped the shot of James Hunt signing an autograph for her. (Sunday he won the race, and ultimately the world championship.) She sent me this print in the mail after returning to Innsbruck.

The print is badly faded and 5" X 4", but I scanned it, opened it up in Affinity Photo, and aggressively boosted colour, contrast, and sharpened it. It didn't turn out too bad.

08-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #1015
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Here's me and my twin sister- around 1960. The story goes that the doctor told my mom that I was a perfect gentleman-I said ladies first, so my sister is about 10 minutes older than I am

Some dear friends. He has since left this life, and I not 100% sure, but I think the lady is still alive.

And the company secretary that passed on about two weeks ago. She is here holding my son and about two months old
Photos really do help keep the past alive for us. Would Flicker or One-Drive be better for displaying your pictures?

---------- Post added 12-08-18 at 08:14 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Davep Quote
I took this shot of James Hunt using a friend's P&S camera. Long story short, I stayed with her family in Innsbruck for a few days during a summer trip to Europe in 1971. A few years later, she with her boyfriend visited Toronto in 1976. During the late seventies, I worked as a volunteer at all the major races at Mosport (including the Grand Prix) in the press information office and managed to get paddock passes for my friends.

It was midday Friday, (or Saturday, I forget), and we were standing outside the tower when James Hunt wanders up. As you can see, my friend was a very attractive young lady, and she had no trouble asking Hunt for his autograph. She gave me her camera and I snapped the shot of James Hunt signing an autograph for her. (Sunday he won the race, and ultimately the world championship.) She sent me this print in the mail after returning to Innsbruck.

The print is badly faded and 5" X 4", but I scanned it, opened it up in Affinity Photo, and aggressively boosted colour, contrast, and sharpened it. It didn't turn out too bad.
Always good to read the story behind the picture. It makes it so much more interesting.
08-27-2018, 10:46 AM - 2 Likes   #1016
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My Dad....1944?

08-28-2018, 06:50 AM - 2 Likes   #1017
Veteran Member

My dad, after returning home from Korea, 1954. Kodachrome slide.

08-28-2018, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #1018

"Portrait of the artist as a young man"

Well tortured soul more like. I am holding what remains of a K-Mount Cosina 35mm lens which as a student I'd scrimped and saved for. We were near the top of some Alp foothills and my girlfriend had managed to dislodge the lens which I'd put on the ground temporarily. It started rolling. Then it started bouncing off rocks. We legged it down the hill/mountain/Alp and I even had to ask someone if they'd seen a lens come by. :-)
Attached Images

08-29-2018, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #1019
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Big Ben and the houses of Parliment- from my visit in 1988. Did not get any good shots as I was on one of those red bus tours
08-29-2018, 02:24 PM   #1020
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
My Dad....1944?
History. Hopefully, many memories for you. My Dad was a (training) Sergeant at Camp Utopia in New Brunswick during WW2.

---------- Post added Aug 29th, 2018 at 05:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rjm007 Quote
"Portrait of the artist as a young man"

Well tortured soul more like. I am holding what remains of a K-Mount Cosina 35mm lens which as a student I'd scrimped and saved for. We were near the top of some Alp foothills and my girlfriend had managed to dislodge the lens which I'd put on the ground temporarily. It started rolling. Then it started bouncing off rocks. We legged it down the hill/mountain/Alp and I even had to ask someone if they'd seen a lens come by. :-)
Ouch! Oh well, just remember the memorable trip, and forget the details. Err, any chance you still know the young lady?