Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
10-22-2013, 01:27 AM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe that's because I rarely used it over 50mm.

10-23-2013, 02:48 AM - 3 Likes   #137
ASa

I just popped in to my flickr after a long break, and saw all those amazing pictures by you guys on my front page! Aapo, Matt. Joe, Rod, Pat, Jack, and everyone else whose names I don't even know! You've inspired me to take on another Single in... challenge! Thank you guys, and see you soon!
10-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #138
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Hello all - I've been lurking about watching the Singles postings but not participating of late. Have posted the occassional comment on individual photos though and have posted a bit over in the Railways interest group.

Been busy taking photographs the past six months, but just not with the same lens for 30-31 days running. I will come back to a Singles challenge soon (most likely when I get my hands on a K-3 which is a November project subject to Pentax delivering into Australia as promised - I'm a little nervous that the Phillipines eathquake might have set back deliveries). Probably use my one and only Limited lens on that for the best possible Singles outcome. That's something else I've done in the last six months - gone out and got a shiny new FA77.

Got up to Sandy's residence the other week. Like a lolly shop for Pentax photographers up there - got to look at and hold every desirable Pentax lens you could possibly think of!! Not good for LBA though And thanks Sandy for the semillon - very tasty

So what have I been doing the last six months? Some travel - both work and private - and started up a blog as an outlet for the photos which are building up on my computer in their thousands. The blog is Photomorsels.com and can be found here. Still finetuning the layout and navigation but its form is starting to come together. You can kinda gather what I've been up to of late from the subject matter of the posts. And go have a look at the Himeji Gardens post - one of your Singles shots motivated me to take the FA77 down there for its first test run.

While I am saying hello - it's good to see Photolady back and posting after a break, and BigTed still going strong with his daily shots. Did anyone work out where Paddy from Victoria has gone? NaClH2O also seems to have gone quiet.
Hey, thanks for the link to your blog. I've had look around and will be following it. I have one as well. TSM-Solutions Photography | The photographic vision of Tim Morgan and Pentax Camera experience Your template looks a lot like mine...
10-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #139
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
Thanks Clive.

I've just got off the phone to Paddy, at last! He is well, he hasn't had any internet connection for quite a few months.
He promises to come on and catch up when he can.
He is still keen on rejoining the single challenge too!

So some good news at last.

Yeehaw!
Wow, thanks for the Paddy update. I miss him and it's good to know what's going on.

10-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #140
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My best wishes go you to you in NSW with the fires. We don't get much news on it here in the USA but they look bad and I'm wishing everyone's ok.
10-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #141
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Really nice Blogs Clive and Tim. Really brought lots of smiles to my face.

All of this camera and lens knowledge really is quite impressive.

John.
10-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #142
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

John.
Thanks! I'm enjoying Clive's too.

10-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #143
Pentaxian

Thank you! you are welcome to join us. It will be fun. thou November isn't really so much for light and party, but I hope that my K-7 will change to -3 in early stage of november, so that will be better from there on even dimmer light.

QuoteOriginally posted by ASa Quote
I just popped in to my flickr after a long break, and saw all those amazing pictures by you guys on my front page! Aapo, Matt. Joe, Rod, Pat, Jack, and everyone else whose names I don't even know! You've inspired me to take on another Single in... challenge! Thank you guys, and see you soon!
10-24-2013, 05:33 AM   #144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

John.
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Thanks! I'm enjoying Clive's too.
Thank you gentlemen. I've checked out Tim's blog today and recommend a visit, and I think our views on how we want to develop and use our blogs are quite well aligned.

I've got some great train photos to post onto my blog soon (John and Sandy will know where from if I mention Pichi Richi), but have to first do all the family's tax returns by 31 Oct. Grrrrrrr, I've grown to hate tax returns. Two down, two to go. No refund in prospect either. Should be doing one right now, but have found myself diverted to Pentax Forums (yet again)!!!

Last edited by southlander; 10-24-2013 at 05:42 AM.
10-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #145
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the blog views and support. Love yours as well and you are a great documentarian. The first train series you posted was excellent so if you have more, wow.
10-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #146
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'll be able to finish October, but won't be able to join in November up to the first part of December. My cataract surgery will be on the 28 of November for my left eye, then healing process after that, then in December will be surgery on the right eye. The frist of November is the prep time.
10-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #147

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I'll be able to finish October, but won't be able to join in November up to the first part of December. My cataract surgery will be on the 28 of November for my left eye, then healing process after that, then in December will be surgery on the right eye. The frist of November is the prep time.
We'll miss seeing your work! Get those eyes taken care of!
10-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #148
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Doctor said by Christmas I should have 20/20 vision in both eyes, and also colors will be the right shades.
10-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #149
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Doctor said by Christmas I should have 20/20 vision in both eyes, and also colors will be the right shades.
That's awesome. Get well soon, and join back here.
10-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #150
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Thanks Jim and mtux for the well wishes.

Jack thanks for the update on Paddy. Welcome news that he is okay. I miss that old fart. LOL