Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-22-2013, 04:15 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Originally posted by DeepThrob
couldn't help myself
you really have an eye for pp
You guys crack me up. Thanks for starting my day off with a LOL.

Tim

10-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
You guys crack me up. Thanks for starting my day off with a LOL.

Tim
I was surprised that wasn't your edit!
10-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
I was surprised that wasn't your edit!
I didn't see the alligator likeness in the rocks until the eye was added. I am green with envy.

Tim
10-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #19

Some nice work here. Maybe I'll take part sometime too when I got the time.

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
what a gorgeous shot, todd!

decided to give gimp another go and am pleasantly surprised. it is a lot more like photoshop than the last time i remembered using it. am now suitably chastened.

here is my interpretation.
How did you create the rough surface with gimp? That looks really interesting.

10-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #20

Hey, no fair! Haha I'm obviously new, and assumed the point was just post-processing, not actual photomanipulation. If only I'd known..

@DeepThrob: Very creative!!
10-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FoTom Quote
Hey, no fair! Haha I'm obviously new, and assumed the point was just post-processing, not actual photomanipulation. If only I'd known..

@DeepThrob: Very creative!!
You can still change your entry.. Sorry for not making it more clear up front.. Definitely an anything goes challenge...
10-24-2013, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I haven't had much time for these lately. Here's a version edited in LR 4 using a little spot removal and onOne's Gritty Punch Heavy preset.

Some very good entries and a very nice shot to work from.

Glad I'm not judging!

Bill

Attached Images

10-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bill2849 Quote
I haven't had much time for these lately. Here's a version edited in LR 4 using a little spot removal and onOne's Gritty Punch Heavy preset.
Bill
I hope you find time more often. Very nicely done.

Tim
10-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Challenge closed. Results are posted below:

adpo - great job on the whole and I really liked how you handled the shadows especially.
hcarvalhoalves - very nice film-ish treatment there!
Black_Wizards - I like the processing and the crop too! hadn't even considered that before and it works!
D1N0 - another very cool and appropriate film jobber. not sure I like the border/frame... I find the semi-transparent part of it a bit distracting..
wolfiegirl - glad you gave gimp a go! did you try g'mic too? If not, you must... Striking edit especially with the fitting texture you added. I commend you for such a creative effort.
FoTom - glad you came by! You really managed to brighten things up! A unique take on the photo. The shadowed part of the bridge looks really good.
Bruce Clark - nice work! You accomplished your vision for the shot very well and I like the crop for it it too.
atupdate - very nicely dark and moody and the number you did on the lights it nice too.
Kunju - cool starburst effect and making it look sort of like a sunset.. very nice creative effort
DeepThrob - nice job bringing Smaug to the party (ahead of schedule). dig it
Bill2849 - I am glad you found the time too. the 'heavy' results are appreciated here as they brought out some cool details, especially in the background with the plant and steam...

All the entries were great and I appreciate your participation! It was not an easy task picking winners, but here goes:

3rd - hcarvalhoalves
2nd - atupdate
1st - wolfiegirl

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
here is my interpretation.
Congrats!
10-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Congratulations Wolfiegirl and ATupdate and hcarvalhoalves. You were absolutely right about the frame Todd. Lazyness .
10-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Congratulations to Wolfiegirl. I don't play with textures but you have shown me how they can be an addition to an edit. Thanks for hosting Todd and it was a fun image to work on.

Tim
10-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulations Wolfiegirl. I really liked the texture addition you chose. Congrats also to Tim and to hcarvalhoalves for earning runner-up honors.Thanks again Todd for the image and for your judging and comments.

Bill
10-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #28

Congratulations to hcarvalhoalves, atupdate, and especially wolfiegirl =]
10-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #29

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Wolfiegirl! cant wait for another round....i am getting hooked on to this and something that I look forward to eagerly.
10-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Oh wow! I won!!

Thanks so much for picking me! I wasn't expecting to win at all. Thought there were lots of great entries this round.

Talk about a lovely afternoon surprise.

I had a lot of fun in gimp. No, not sure I used g'mic. Will have to go and look it up and see what fun it creates.

Better go off and pick something for you guys to play with!

Thanks again!