Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 123 Likes Search this Thread
11-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #211
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Absolutely happy with this. Ok, Flowers for Bruce day on November 11th. If the member who puts up the 11th thread can put that in the first post that would be helpful. So shoot those flowers away and post away. Flowers for Bruce!

Edit: not to complicate this effort, but I suggest that for images on the 11th while I would hope all of us can find flowers on the 11th to shoot within the confines of the Single in Challenge, it may be that we can't. So, I suggest that on the 11th do your best but if you can't find suitable subjects, use of images from you portfolio should be very acceptable. Ok?
Absolutely OK with me, especially if said substitute photo was from a past Single In... challenge.

11-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #212
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
Absolutely OK with me, especially if said substitute photo was from a past Single In... challenge.
Excellent suggestion.
11-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #213

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Edit: not to complicate this effort, but I suggest that for images on the 11th while I would hope all of us can find flowers on the 11th to shoot within the confines of the Single in Challenge, it may be that we can't. So, I suggest that on the 11th do your best but if you can't find suitable subjects, use of images from you portfolio should be very acceptable. Ok?
I'm good with that. I too am in an area where there aren't many natural flowers to shoot, but I will do my best to find some if I can.
11-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #214
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I would be happy could we use a photo from past. This one I photographed just for Bruce because he asked for it. It was not in my Single in July 2012 sets but a separate shot. Can I use that one?

11-09-2013, 02:21 PM - 3 Likes   #215
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
By way of light relief, for those who are interested, I animated my K-3 tracking focus test series. FA43 of course.
Way to go Sandy. Impressive captures.
In similar vein, here's the first picture (other than scans) of our first grandchild (with my son and DIL). Just over half way but really popped this week. Just a happy snap .

K5 + FA31 yesterday.
11-09-2013, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #216
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
I would like to pop in for the day in honour of Bruce with flower from a recent Single In since the current options are limited. I will just have to select the right one.
11-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #217
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Likewise

11-09-2013, 03:38 PM - 1 Like   #218
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Everybody, just go for it on the 11th!
11-09-2013, 09:23 PM - 1 Like   #219
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've been so busy with life that I haven't been able to visit here for awhile. I found the news of Bruce, and it took my breath away. Like many others, I have never met Bruce in person, but I always found him quick with a kind compliment, and his flower shots were always beautiful. I will miss him more than words can ever express. My prayers go out to him and his family. I will do all I can to post a flower on Monday.
11-10-2013, 12:02 AM - 2 Likes   #220
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
November 11 Flowers for Bruce

For Single In members ...... The picture thread for tomorrow is here.
New members always welcome.

Alternatively please post below in this thread.
Bruce will see two virtual gardens...

Last edited by OzzRod; 11-10-2013 at 01:09 PM.
11-10-2013, 02:13 AM - 1 Like   #221
Pentaxian

Oh my,

Terrible news. I just read all of this post. My uncle passed way for his stomach cancer few years a go.

Thank you Rod for being there for him. Good to hear that he still was in good spirits. There is not much to be done.

I'll hunt some flowers to be shot for this.

My thoughts also for bruce. He has been great spirit, and and inspiration.

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Sad, sad news.

You’re probably aware that Bruce Stephenson (Bramela) has been ill for a few weeks now and has been undergoing comprehensive tests. He was hospitalised this week with inoperable stomach cancer and doesn’t have much time left.

With his wife Pam’s blessing I was able to visit him this morning. Despite his situation he was in remarkably good spirits and we did manage a few laughs but I’m guessing that was the drugs doing their thing. He and Pam are clearly getting much strength and comfort from both their faith and family.

While I was there, he quite calmly remarked that he’d made his last post to the Singles Challenge just a few days ago. He asked that his fellow challengers be told this and that he wished everyone well. I’ve asked Adam to pass on those greetings more widely in a separate post. Bruce was also keen not to solicit lots of phone calls that would inevitably result in him having to describe his condition multiple times. While I respect that, I do know that Pam got comfort from a couple of PMs that have already made their way to him; perhaps that would be the best way for other members to wish him well, and Pam can pass them on as she chooses.

Rod
11-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #222
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in for a flower on the 11th as well.
11-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #223
Veteran Member

Ok, I just came back home.
the idea of flower day is really good. I'm happy it wasn't today
Will try my best

SONY CYBERSHOT
f/2.8, 0.002 sec (1/500), ISO 100, 21 mm (more)
11-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #224
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yesterday's waterfall in B+W as suggested

11-10-2013, 11:04 AM - 1 Like   #225
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For Bruce

Camera
P
E