Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Welcome aboard StudentBoots. Glad to have you here. Warning, though, these challenges can be addictive.
Lovely. I only have two other lenses ATM

10-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I started this challenge out the same way you are, only two lenses. So, it's not impossible to play with only one or two lenses. My LBA got the best of me and I'm still adding to my lens collection. I don't own any Ltd lenses yet. But have gained from the first challenge 6 more lenses. Most are Manual focus. I only have two that won't work on my film cameras or the wish list of most, the FF Pentax Digital, which I care nothing about, the two are an 18-55mm kit lens, mine is the 2nd version so it's mount is metal not plastic. And a recent purchase for my new WR K30, a Pentax 50-200mm WR.
10-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #18

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
+1!

Learned lots this month and I'm in for Nov. After grappling with a 53 year old lens with a stiff aperture ring and sticky focus, I ought to go for a very simple AF, something like DA 40mm XS. But no, I'm going to try another quite rare and even more difficult lens to get right, a lens I courted for two years before finding a reasonably priced one (still much less than Limiteds), but don't use nearly enough: the SMC 85mm f1.8. We'll need the speed in the gloom!
Ah, the 85! I'd love to grab one of those! I really hope my A 1.7 is clean! We'll see this afternoon!
10-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by StudentBoots Quote
Lovely. I only have two other lenses ATM
Don't worry, LBA will kick in soon enough! Welcome aboard!

I started this challenge out the same way you are, only two lenses. So, it's not impossible to play with only one or two lenses. My LBA got the best of me and I'm still adding to my lens collection. I don't own any Ltd lenses yet. But have gained from the first challenge 6 more lenses. Most are Manual focus. I only have two that won't work on my film cameras or the wish list of most, the FF Pentax Digital, which I care nothing about, the two are an 18-55mm kit lens, mine is the 2nd version so it's mount is metal not plastic. And a recent purchase for my new WR K30, a Pentax 50-200mm WR.
My LBA is kicking back in too! Picked up five lenses in the past month! Still wanting more!!!

10-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Don't you guys get me started on LBA...it is nice. Few months I bought new lens just for new single in...well actually I was dreaming of those before too, but this game got me going. no regrets.
10-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think I will join! I don't have much inspiration this month, so a next month would probably be very hard.
10-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I bought two lenses in the last two months. I'm still looking for a cheap A 50mm, not necessarily a fast one, even a f1:2 would be fine. These things are rather expensive.

10-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by Iris Quote
I don't think I will join! I don't have much inspiration this month, so a next month would probably be very hard.
Well for little inspiration, you sure produced some amazing portraits! I hope you'll reconsider!

I bought two lenses in the last two months. I'm still looking for a cheap A 50mm, not necessarily a fast one, even a f1:2 would be fine. These things are rather expensive.
I got my f/1.7 in a kit purchase on eBay. I see f/2s all the time on there for $20-30. Of course, you don't know how good they are until they arrive.
10-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #24
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Ditto what Jim said Iris. I can't imagine with that child of yours and you not finding some inspiration to shoot. Hope you get your inspiration back soon, I miss your photos. They've been wonderful to view.

Jim, I found and f2 at KEH for under $50. I've put it in my wish list. Hopefully it will still be there when I get my money in on Friday next.
10-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm in. Not certain yet, but think I may just use my kit lens for this one.
10-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #26
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Actually, I might switch camera's this challenge. My eye site is bit better now that the docs have poked holes in them. Any, my K-x has the Tamron SP 90mm on it with my ring flash. I'll test it this week inbetween octs challenge to see if my eyes are strong enough for manual focus. If this works, I'll use that for Novembers challenge.
10-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jamfke Quote
Ah, the 85! I'd love to grab one of those! I really hope my A 1.7 is clean! We'll see this afternoon!
Hope to do the 85 justice; its hard work. Also hope your new A 1.7 is clean...funny coincidence....this very afternoon went into a charity shop and there amongst the costume jewellery was a mint A 50 1.7! Couldn't believe it, had to buy it....and boy is it sharp. Yesterday afternoon went into another charity shop (its half-term wandering around with the kids) and found a S-M-C Takumar 55mm 1.8 in a Pentacon box. Someone around here is passing on their very well looked after Pentax lenses. Long may they continue!
10-26-2013, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Marvellous to see yet more new faces signing up for the challenge. A big welcome to you all.
10-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Good on ya Luke. Welcome aboard!
That sweet DA40 limited would be an excellent start

Thanks Sandy The jury's still out. At the moment I'm thinking it will either be the DA40 limited, or the DA* 16-50.

Really looking forward to this challenge!
10-27-2013, 02:09 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'll be doing the Nikonforums first single in with Nikon gear.

My DA* 16-50 is in for cleaning
My Tamron 70-200 is full of fungus
My K5 is on its last legs
And I'm sick of wide angles

So its either a month of film, or hope my K3 arrives in the next 4 days?
Or maybe I could use my K5 with the Bigma for a month.
Oooooh.