Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Get well soon Aapo!

11-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #317
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Crazy week ahead. I'm either looking at doing a couple of double shifts, or bouncing back and forth between days and nights. Not really looking forward to it, but oh well. I may have a bit of trouble getting time to post what I shoot (seeing as how sleep will be at a premium).

I hope everyone that is feeling the onslaught of winter illnesses gets to feeling better soon!
11-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #318
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Get well soon Aapo!
Thanks Rod!
11-18-2013, 01:24 AM - 1 Like   #319
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Get well soon, everyone!

11-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #320
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Get well soon, everyone!
I'll second that and add that if I remember correctly the last half of this challenge is when the going gets tough! I feel quite spent creatively at this point. On the other hand you never know what might happen? Limitation breeds creativity so we shall see.
11-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #321
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You remember correctly. I usually find that by mid month, I'm wanting either to quite the challenge or toss the lens of the month. Then, usually, I realize that the worst is over and I will make it the rest of the way.
11-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #322
NKK
Inactive Account

Get well to all of you that are fighting illness. And I can only second everything about mid month being hard It's my first challenge and it's really tough and challenging to keep shooting - but I guess that's why it's called a challenge

11-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #323
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NKK Quote
It's my first challenge and it's really tough and challenging to keep shooting
Well you say that but you shoot like this: Straws | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I think you will be a-ok :-)
11-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #324
Veteran Member

It's made worse because I have just bought a new lens and I am itching to try it out. I suppose I could take just one shot daily
with my SI lens and swap over but then I would have used up 11 days of inspiration before Dec 1st...
11-18-2013, 02:49 PM - 2 Likes   #325
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NKK Quote
Get well to all of you that are fighting illness. And I can only second everything about mid month being hard It's my first challenge and it's really tough and challenging to keep shooting - but I guess that's why it's called a challenge
My bit of wisdom on this is that once I realized that shooting every day and producing an image each day is sorta like photojournalism. I try to consider that I'm on an assignment and I have to produce - something each day or my editor will um...fire me or something like that. This has made me look a lot more at my routine surroundings and to see them for their photographic potential. While it's true that when I'm out on say the weekend with lots of time or at an event it's very easy to come up with a shot, it much harder to get that shot on a work day with every thing else going on, but after awhile you find a way.

I guess what I'm saying is that as you get into this challenge more, while you are learning a lens, you also become a better observer of your surroundings. I can also say that these challenges have made me better at creating shots. YMMV
11-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #326
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just a little shout out to Todd to say the Industar has arrived... I guess I'm set for a Single In December lens (And here I was running out to grab a Tak K mount 135/2.5 tomorrow).

11-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #327

That is a sweet looking little lens on that body!
11-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #328
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just picked up an F 50mm f/1.4 which I really need to use. But since the lens for this challenge is the F 50mm f/1.7 I think I will try something else next month.

And why you might ask did I get a 50mm f/1.4 when I already have the 50mm f/1.7? Because it was lonely at an estate sale and needed a good home.
11-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #329

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
My bit of wisdom on this is that once I realized that shooting every day and producing an image each day is sorta like photojournalism. I try to consider that I'm on an assignment and I have to produce - something each day or my editor will um...fire me or something like that. This has made me look a lot more at my routine surroundings and to see them for their photographic potential. While it's true that when I'm out on say the weekend with lots of time or at an event it's very easy to come up with a shot, it much harder to get that shot on a work day with every thing else going on, but after awhile you find a way.

I guess what I'm saying is that as you get into this challenge more, while you are learning a lens, you also become a better observer of your surroundings. I can also say that these challenges have made me better at creating shots. YMMV
That's is sort of how I treat it, and definitely thinking that way has helped me to see shots in places I would have never thought of. Being so sick this month has really had me missing the "assignment." I just haven't been well enough to actually take any shots. I have some more tests next week and maybe we'll get to the bottom of things - or at least get the ball rolling to figure things out. This sitting on the sidelines is tough.

On the bright side there have been some great shots this month.

Sandy I hope your wife is feeling better.
11-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #330
Veteran Member

*all* lenses deserve good homes jatrax in fact, my door is *always* open...