Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #121
NKK
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
My FA31 lens came through for me...yesterday's flower photo made it to Explore!
That's nice - congrats on Explore!

11-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm not surprised it was a wonderful capture :-)
11-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #123
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
I've decided to go ahead and try another month, though it's a challenge to post with all the travels I do. It will also be a challenge with the focal length as I typically like to shoot wide. So, this month's lens, my Soligor 135mm f/2.8. It's really a beautiful lens...chrome aperture ring and mount, with chrome detailing, sliding lens hood, metal cap..., but ever since I found a SMC Pentax 135/2.5 (which was the lens I used for the first ever Single in Challenge) I haven't used this one much.

Yummy!
11-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #124
Pentaxian

Saw that - well done; it's an excellent photo. 8)

11-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #125
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
Welcome aboard,

Where did you upload your photo!?
You should post a link to your uploaded photo in the daily threads, accessible from here.
For example the thread for photos from 1st of Novermber is here.
Thank you, it says message is moderated?
11-02-2013, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #126
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I will join too. I am new on this forum so I want to get advice from the other members. I am late for this challenge because I was on holiday, but I have got photos to post from earlier in the month. I will do that later today.

I will be using my new blue K-30 with the 18-55 WR kit lens. It's my first ever DSLR so I am having a lot of fun.
11-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #127
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Awesome! Welcome aboard.
QuoteOriginally posted by He_Ying Quote
I will join too. I am new on this forum so I want to get advice from the other members. I am late for this challenge because I was on holiday, but I have got photos to post from earlier in the month. I will do that later today.

I will be using my new blue K-30 with the 18-55 WR kit lens. It's my first ever DSLR so I am having a lot of fun.

11-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #128
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

He_Ying you only missed two days. Are you talking about October or November's challenge? Because we have started the November challenge now.

Oh and the rules for this challenge are on the first page of this thread. With instructions for new users on how to post your photo each day.
11-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #129
ASa

QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
I've decided to go ahead and try another month, though it's a challenge to post with all the travels I do. It will also be a challenge with the focal length as I typically like to shoot wide. So, this month's lens, my Soligor 135mm f/2.8. It's really a beautiful lens...chrome aperture ring and mount, with chrome detailing, sliding lens hood, metal cap..., but ever since I found a SMC Pentax 135/2.5 (which was the lens I used for the first ever Single in Challenge) I haven't used this one much.

Ohh, what a beauty of a lens. Due to my limited time, I'll be mainly putting out shots SOOC, which is really the whole point of having a Q. I'll start with basic images, but hopefully will slide towards the filters and whatnots found in the Q's menu system. My personal favorite so far is the 1:1 crop mode with bold monochrome filter.
11-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #130
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A short note on yesterdays picture. Right after I posted it I caught the forum discussion on railroad tracks and even read the original article. We had gone to the art festival downtown yesterday and had parked in a lot next to the tracks. The tracks have basically been abandoned for about 10 years. They run down the middle of the streets and lead to the port. We don't get the port usage here we use to, most of it goes to Mobile or Louisiana now.
11-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #131
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Abandoned tracks - great for photography, active rails - shoot from a distance. Simple as that.
11-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #132
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks to the "horizon police" for recognizing that my photo of Nov 3 was a tad off kilter. I'm getting this one printed and it does look better straightened. Also thanks to all for your comments and favs...this photo too made it to Explore.
11-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #133
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Here is the rose at 1:1 that Pam wanted to see.

11-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #134

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Hi Folks, I am still struggling, but I am lurking. You've all done some lovely work again! The lens I was going to use (if I ever get well enough to join in) is misbehaving. Last year I bought a Sigma Lens (DC 18-125mm). It was bought on the forum and was used. It worked well initially and then it developed and annoying quirk. When I turn on the camera it will take one shot, then it won't focus. If I remove the lens and put it back on it will often let me take another shot and then it won't focus again. My limited research suggests it might improve if I clean the contacts. I however have no idea what that means and what one does when they clean the contacts. Can someone help me out? Long term it might mean it needs a visit to the lens hospital, but I would rather try something myself before I spend any money. Thanks in advance,
Stevi
11-04-2013, 08:55 PM - 1 Like   #135
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
I however have no idea what that means and what one does when they clean the contacts.
"cleaning the contacts" just means to clean the brass looking electrical contacts on the lens and camera mount. If you take the lens off and look at the mount end you see a series of brass colored small metal balls poking through the mount. These are spring loaded electrical contacts that match similar contacts on the camera mount to allow communication between lens and camera. Take a soft micro-fiber cloth and buff the contacts a bit. Do the same to the camera contacts.

While you are cleaning take a careful look to see that all of the contacts are there and they are all in proper position, nothing sunk in.