Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 123 Likes Search this Thread
11-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #136

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
"cleaning the contacts" just means to clean the brass looking electrical contacts on the lens and camera mount. If you take the lens off and look at the mount end you see a series of brass colored small metal balls poking through the mount. These are spring loaded electrical contacts that match similar contacts on the camera mount to allow communication between lens and camera. Take a soft micro-fiber cloth and buff the contacts a bit. Do the same to the camera contacts.

While you are cleaning take a careful look to see that all of the contacts are there and they are all in proper position, nothing sunk in.
Awesome! Something so simple and yet so effective. I did as you directed and it works like it did when I first got the lens. I was thinking I had bought a brick as it's only only lens ever to do this. Thank you for such a clear answer and easy to understand instructions.

11-05-2013, 02:43 AM - 1 Like   #137
Pentaxian

Sorry again for being away for couple of days, I have had a lot of work, and even thought of maybe continuing from December...Wirk is not easing up on me for couple of weeks. I try still for a while if things will be better. Take care.
11-05-2013, 03:22 AM   #138
ASa

I'm having same issues, and made the decision to push pics SOOC, or at most do some minor horizon corrections. Or whatever I can do with paint.net Good to see you posting pics though!
11-05-2013, 04:00 AM   #139
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Quick - possibly silly - question related to the group and tags on Flickr: is the done thing to tag (and add to the group) only the one photo I choose as 'the' pic for the day, or if I stick a few shots (with my "single in..." Lens) on Flickr should I tag and add them as well?

Cheers

11-05-2013, 04:16 AM   #140
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't know if there are rules as such. Personally, my own Single In sets have heaps of photos I never post to the daily threads. I only add the posted shots into the Single In Challenges Group.
11-05-2013, 04:27 AM   #141
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
For me a part of the challenge is to choose only one shot each day. But if you have extras there is a group for that as well Monthly Photo Challenges - Extras - PentaxForums.com
11-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #142
NKK
Inactive Account

I'm trying the same approach as Zorglub mentions above, but it is challenging really fun "game" but challenging

11-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #143
Pentaxian

For me, the bigger challenge is just picking up the camera and shooting *anything* every day. After the commute, and a busy day at work, and dealing with everyday things, I sometimes find it's 10pm before I even think about taking a photograph.
11-05-2013, 12:23 PM - 1 Like   #144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Take your camera to work. If you have it with you, you don't have to think about taking the shots, they'll find you. At least that works most times, it still can be a challenge.
11-05-2013, 12:24 PM - 1 Like   #145
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
For me, the bigger challenge is just picking up the camera and shooting *anything* every day. After the commute, and a busy day at work, and dealing with everyday things, I sometimes find it's 10pm before I even think about taking a photograph.
Yep, that's the challenge alright. My work day available shooting times are before work, lunch, and after work usually before sunset. After doing this for 3 years it does get easier but ... it's still a challenge.
11-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #146
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I don't know if there are rules as such. Personally, my own Single In sets have heaps of photos I never post to the daily threads. I only add the posted shots into the Single In Challenges Group.
Cheers. I forgot about my own single in set (foolish boy). Makes sense I stick them there for my own reference.
11-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #147
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
After doing this for 3 years it does get easier but ... it's still a challenge.
I have to remember quotes like that when the going gets tough!
11-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #148
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
I have to remember quotes like that when the going gets tough!
Well, actually it got easier after the first 7 months but after 3 years the above is still true.
11-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #149
Veteran Member

Am on the road but will be back home tomorrow night. Am still taking pics but will post on Friday
11-06-2013, 02:52 AM - 4 Likes   #150
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Many thanks for all the good wishes - they worked . Tumour out; no ongoing repercussions of significance . Just got to get mobility restored fully and render a bloody long scar "more attractive" . Will be back for the December Challenge; meanwhile I'm enjoying checking out this month's contributions and will probably put a few pix up on Flickr before too long. Cheers, Rod.