Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2013, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #166
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Sad, sad news.

You’re probably aware that Bruce Stephenson (Bramela) has been ill for a few weeks now and has been undergoing comprehensive tests. He was hospitalised this week with inoperable stomach cancer and doesn’t have much time left.

With his wife Pam’s blessing I was able to visit him this morning. Despite his situation he was in remarkably good spirits and we did manage a few laughs but I’m guessing that was the drugs doing their thing. He and Pam are clearly getting much strength and comfort from both their faith and family.

While I was there, he quite calmly remarked that he’d made his last post to the Singles Challenge just a few days ago. He asked that his fellow challengers be told this and that he wished everyone well. I’ve asked Adam to pass on those greetings more widely in a separate post. Bruce was also keen not to solicit lots of phone calls that would inevitably result in him having to describe his condition multiple times. While I respect that, I do know that Pam got comfort from a couple of PMs that have already made their way to him; perhaps that would be the best way for other members to wish him well, and Pam can pass them on as she chooses.

Rod

11-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #167
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well that has taken the gloss off receiving my Silver K-3 today. Devastated.
If you get a chance to call in again, please give my warmest regards to Bruce. I will also send a pm.
11-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #168
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Damn, that's just awful news. Through his photography, I feel like I know him. Not sure what to say really. Thanks for informing us. Sending [[ huggs ]] your way.
11-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #169

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Rod your news is so sad. Like Tim I feel connected to Bruce through his flowers, although I too don't know him well. Prayers to Bruce, Pam and family.

11-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #170
Veteran Member

Oh my! Such a sad news
11-08-2013, 02:20 AM   #171
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Oh no :-( terrible news.

I will miss your shots and kind company.

The last shot...
Horseshoe Beach-4 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited by Zorglub; 11-08-2013 at 05:09 AM.
11-08-2013, 02:57 AM   #172

That's very sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family!

11-08-2013, 04:16 AM   #173
Inactive Account

Bruce..mate!
11-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #174
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rod thanks for letting us know about Bruce.
11-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #175
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sad sad news. I too felt like I had come to know him through his photos and comments. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends.
11-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want to add my voice to the chorus. Thank you Rod for passing on the heartbreaking news about Bruce. My thoughts are with him and his entire family at this time.
11-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #177

I only just started to get to know him through these challenges, but I loved his work, and his attitude. I hate that anyone gets sick and has to suffer in any way. We'll miss you Bruce!
11-08-2013, 12:58 PM - 1 Like   #178
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Damn, that's just awful news. Through his photography, I feel like I know him. Not sure what to say really. Thanks for informing us. Sending [[ huggs ]] your way.
and kisses, from today xxx

11-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #179
NKK
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
So sad to hear, as you all say we get to know each other through the forums and all the prayers go to Bruce
11-08-2013, 02:09 PM - 2 Likes   #180
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Sad, sad news.

You’re probably aware that Bruce Stephenson (Bramela) has been ill for a few weeks now and has been undergoing comprehensive tests. He was hospitalised this week with inoperable stomach cancer and doesn’t have much time left.

With his wife Pam’s blessing I was able to visit him this morning. Despite his situation he was in remarkably good spirits and we did manage a few laughs but I’m guessing that was the drugs doing their thing. He and Pam are clearly getting much strength and comfort from both their faith and family.

While I was there, he quite calmly remarked that he’d made his last post to the Singles Challenge just a few days ago. He asked that his fellow challengers be told this and that he wished everyone well. I’ve asked Adam to pass on those greetings more widely in a separate post. Bruce was also keen not to solicit lots of phone calls that would inevitably result in him having to describe his condition multiple times. While I respect that, I do know that Pam got comfort from a couple of PMs that have already made their way to him; perhaps that would be the best way for other members to wish him well, and Pam can pass them on as she chooses.

Rod
Thanks for letting us know Rod.

Bruce has been a good friend to this group and me especially even though we have never met, and for this I will be eternally grateful.
His photography has been thoughtful, and very creative.
His support of the Pentaxforums through participation, and moderation has been exemplary.

I am going to ask Adam if he would consider adding one of Bruce's photos to the exclusive area as a tribute.

I see a lot of this in my everyday work, and it hurts every time.

For the rest of us, always remember we have a tenuous grip on life, and it is very short, make the best use of it that you can.

God bless you Bruce.
John.