Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-03-2013, 02:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
PP Challenge #115 WINNER

Thanks for playing guys! Hope you all had as much fun playing as I did watching from the sidelines!

Here are my initial comments

jrcastillo - i really enjoyed seeing you recover the colours on the tulips. i did however find the repeated tall poppy in the background a little distracting
atupdate - i love seeing the many lives and times of Godzilla. had a great giggle over it and loved that you managed to place him in the right focus area and have it line up with some of the photographers
todd - great processing. you revived the colours, changed the tone and cloned out all the distracting stuff
d1no - really enjoyed your placement of the photographers throughout the tulips. very entertaining.
dmfw - i like that you tried something different. however the background (trees) was a bit too intense for me
kunju - i'm a sucker for starbursts and love how you managed to incorporate it into this shot. also enjoyed the tonal change
astonm - love that you went for a different crop and gave a nod to popular culture

So... time for the winners.

Honourable mention (because I couldn't settle on just three... ) - d1no

This shot made me look and look again. I really liked how you thought outside of the box. But those double poppies in the background drove me batty.

3rd - Kunju
I really enjoyed this colour interpretation and the detail in the trees and tulips

2nd - atupdate

Have to give you second. Godzilla just made me laugh!

and the winner is....

Todd - I love the mysterious feel you've given this shot, with no distracting double poppies in the back

11-03-2013, 04:54 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Congratulations to Todd and thanks for hosting wolfiegirl. I knew you were a big Godzilla fan, so I didn't want to let you down.

Tim
11-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Congrats Todd, here you go again . The poppies, I did see those, I guess we both used photo shop. Thanks for judging and the honourable mention Wolfiegirl!
11-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the vote and hosting the challenge Wolfiegirl! I am finding the task of finding an image to put up a bit difficult, but I'll keep looking...

11-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Todd. Thanks for the hosting the challenge in a very prompt and timely fashion wolfiegirl.
11-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No worries guys! I had a lot of fun and wolfiepup gave me enough time (for once) to actually come through when I said I would.

You guys are right. I didn't even realise it was Todd who won and hosted the last one! You are on a roll, Todd!

I can't wait to see what picture you pick. It's good to be able to play again!