Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 65 Likes Search this Thread
12-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
Just a quick note. Yesterday I was admitted to hospital. So far we don't know what we are dealing with. I just have to be patient and let the Docs do their job.
I hope to be back soon.
That's so disappointing Stevi given the earlier news from Dr J. Hoping things are cleared up soon. All the best. Rod

12-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #137
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Get well soon Stevi. Sorry to hear you're in the hospital. I hate those places. The ones down here will make you sick, or sicker. I try to stay out of them as much as possible.

Btw, since I can't really join this month, I went out today and shot this, using my left eye, the one operated on last week, and though swollen still a bit, took the DA 50-200mm out to see what I could do with my new lens/eyes that is.

Here's the link if you care to see what I got:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/244328-nature-little-red-flower.html

Shot using manual focus and handheld. No flash, natural lighting.
12-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speedy recovery, bigted. Hope, everything is okay.

I had a problem with my post on day two. The link is fixed now. I'm behind already and it's only the 2nd day.
12-03-2013, 01:42 AM   #139
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hope it all works out well Stevi - if you have a F1.2 lens, you should be able to get plenty of shots of feet bokeh from your pillow
Seriously though, I hope your stay is brief and that it isn't too serious

12-03-2013, 02:28 AM   #140
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Good stuff. There seem to have been a few Explored shots from the Single challenges the last couple of months.
I wound up hitting Explore with my December 2nd shot. Completely wasn't expecting that - I liked the shot enough to use it, but it wasn't something I expected to crack Explore at all.

12-03-2013, 02:57 AM   #141
Veteran Member

Ok, I'm still doing something wrong with flickr. how come everyone can get the title and link to flickr under their pics? Mine doesn't show. What button are you pressing?! I'm using the little thumbtack, and then selecting the second largest size (i.e. the next size up is the original), and then copying that and then just pasting it in the post box. What step am I missing?!
12-03-2013, 03:15 AM   #142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Ok, I'm still doing something wrong with flickr. how come everyone can get the title and link to flickr under their pics? Mine doesn't show. What button are you pressing?! I'm using the little thumbtack, and then selecting the second largest size (i.e. the next size up is the original), and then copying that and then just pasting it in the post box. What step am I missing?!
You need to copy and paste the BBCode.

JP

12-03-2013, 03:19 AM   #143
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
You need to copy and paste the BBCode.
I'm using the BBCode but it has only the photo and hyperlink! no title. :/
12-03-2013, 03:27 AM   #144

I'm sorry to ask, but could someone describe to the uninitiated what it means to 'crack Explore' on Flickr? Is it a bit of a big deal?

Thanks...

12-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #145
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Testing.....

Well it works when I do it. You gotta use the old flickr interface!

On the flickr page, under the photo, click on the "arrow jumping out of the box" icon, select "Grab the HTML/BBCode" highlight BBCode checkbox thingy, copy and paste the text.
12-03-2013, 03:35 AM - 1 Like   #146
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Eberbachl Quote
I'm sorry to ask, but could someone describe to the uninitiated what it means to 'crack Explore' on Flickr? Is it a bit of a big deal?
Explore is a sort of digest of the best/most liked/hottest images on flickr right now. If you look at the top menu of your flickr home page you'll see what's going on.

Exactly how the algorithm works no outsider really knows, but lots of comments and faves in a short time frame certainly helps.
12-03-2013, 03:37 AM   #147

Thanks Sandy
12-03-2013, 03:43 AM   #148
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
Testing.....

Well it works when I do it. You gotta use the old flickr interface!

On the flickr page, under the photo, click on the "arrow jumping out of the box" icon, select "Grab the HTML/BBCode" highlight BBCode checkbox thingy, copy and paste the text.
I asked Jack this same question last month after some time away from Flikr and the challenge! Do the BBCode thing as he says and all is well....just paste, no insert file doodads like I tried, just paste!

Cheers Paddy
12-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #149

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I wound up hitting Explore with my December 2nd shot. Completely wasn't expecting that - I liked the shot enough to use it, but it wasn't something I expected to crack Explore at all.

Congratulations!

12-03-2013, 03:46 AM   #150
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For what it's worth, I got none last month with the FA43, or the DA21 in July or the DA*16-50 in September, but I landed quite a few in the even months with the DA10-17, DA*300 and DA*50-135.
Go figure.