Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 65 Likes Search this Thread
12-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #316
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Best wishes for your recovery Stevi, but if it's any consolation at all I hear it is awfully cold in Winnipeg at the moment!

12-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #317
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stevi, hope you get on the road to recovery soon!

Last edited by chemtech; 12-15-2013 at 09:54 PM.
12-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #318
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
A follow up from my note of Dec 2nd. I am still in hospital, tomorrow will make it 2 weeks since I was admitted. We know some things, but there are still a lot of what seem to be unanswerable questions. I am continuing to be a fascinating case. We know that it was never pneumonia although there is something very funky with my lungs. The scariest part of all of it is that I have stage 3-4 heart failure which isn't expected in someone my age (I'm in my mid 40s). What the medical team doesn't know is why any of this is occurring. They will not release me until they figure things out.

So for now I will not be finishing December, but I will continue to lurk and learn.
Hell, mate. That's no blimmin' good. best wishes to you, and for your drs' diagnostic skills
12-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #319
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello all, I'm still here. Bit of a hassle trying to fit the Singles challenge into the usual pre-Christmas rush. Have still been moving through the M lenses though. Have images from the M 100/4 Macro and the M 135/3.5 in the bag and will post when I have a chance. Off to Melbourne tomorrow for 24 hours and will be taking the M 200/4. Hopefully will get a chance to catch up Thursday night.

12-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #320
Veteran Member

Get well! In time they will figure out what's wrong and hopefully it's easily cured.
12-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #321
Veteran Member

I may seriously wind up with a duplicate (as in, same subject, roughly the same angle) shot for today. I'm not sure what to think about that - but despite being 'duplicates' the photos carry completely different moods. Its kind of nifty.

FWIW, the other reason it could be a duplicate day is because the temps are absolutely brutal today, and we're due for snow by the time I escape work tonight to head home (after dark).

I snapped this right after getting my 135mm SI shot. This was with the 10-20 - you can actually *see* how cold it is out there this morning.

12-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #322
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Brrrr. That makes the 33F this morning here in California seem like a heat wave! Lovely shot and keep warm.

12-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #323
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like we have two December 17th treads up and running, can anyone combine them?

Also, halfway through the month, I am seriously impressed with the creative effort by the challengers this month. The bokeh theme has really pushed me to see and create and I can't recall working so much at sub f2.8 in a long while. It's clearly not easy though but I'm glad I chose the DA*55 f1.4 as my lens this month. It's a really good lens and keeps me in this challenge. Anywho, keep up the good work and let's all make to the end!
12-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #324
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No shot for me today...
12-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #325

Photos: Albums
Definitely the grind factor kicks in big time with the loss of light up here in the north, the holiday demands and the general challenge grind factor...But fortunately the bokeh theme helps to capture some shots... I had no idea what I had in my little pocket of pixie dust 43mm, but I am learning to appreciate it and trust it to deliver in tight spots. I am including my shots that didn't make my cut for this challenge, that it may inspire you to see something else if you are stuck or sapped from inspiration. But I hope the link doesn't look like I am trying too hard or too haughty I am enjoying this challenge and I think I lucked out well with the lens and the theme, plus it is my first challenge and so I guess newbies have lots of energy,,,

What has interested me in the perspective of our pics when condensed in a smaller thumbnail like print or larger (sorry if mine explode on your screen...newbie...) many pics look so different in altered sizes...
Really like what has been done so far... Cheers

Canmannac's Album: Bokeh Challengers - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by Canmannac; 12-17-2013 at 01:15 PM.
12-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #326
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Looks like we have two December 17th treads up and running, can anyone combine them?
Oh! I didn't find the other thread last night :/ sorry.
12-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #327
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Stevi, hope you get well soon. Take care and don't let them docs push you around!
12-18-2013, 01:36 AM   #328
Veteran Member

Should probably update you guys. Job People rang me this morning. Didn't get it I asked for feedback and the good news is that she said there wasn't anything in my interview that came across badly. That I did really well and came across as personable and enthusiastic. I was right 'up there' until the end. It was just that they had someone else who was more qualified and was already a part of their network. She seemed very sympathetic that I didn't get it, and understood how hard it was for me to get back into the workforce with wolfiepup in tow. She really seems like a nice person and would have made a great boss. Ah well.

It's good to know that I interviewed well and that my application was good. Something to take with me to the next one I guess. And next time, I'll turn up On Time, and make sure if I bring gadgetry with me, that it damn well works.

I'll take her feedback on face value and just move on. Perhaps the next one will be even better.. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for all your support and comments re the job. It's helped me get through what's been a pretty tough week.
12-18-2013, 01:58 AM - 3 Likes   #329
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Update from Bruce (Bramela)

Bruce came home at the weekend and when it became evident that he could manage in that environment, he was formally discharged from hospital. He remains tired and lacking in strength but notes small improvements. This is a typical consequence of the chemotherapy he's on, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. Some hospital staff are already talking about followup "in the New Year". How good is that? A long haul ahead still, but his tenacity is being rewarded. If you're reading this mate, your Forum friends are all with you.
12-18-2013, 02:25 AM   #330
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Update from Bruce (Bramela)

Bruce came home at the weekend and when it became evident that he could manage in that environment, he was formally discharged from hospital. He remains tired and lacking in strength but notes small improvements. This is a typical consequence of the chemotherapy he's on, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. Some hospital staff are already talking about followup "in the New Year". How good is that? A long haul ahead still, but his tenacity is being rewarded. If you're reading this mate, your Forum friends are all with you.
That's wonderful news!!! And he gets to be home for Christmas!! Yaaay!!