Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #376
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Well blow me down! My test shot with the DA35 limited has hit Explore. The lens must be a keeper
Ha! Must be

12-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #377
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bagga_Txips Quote
I been bad this month. After about the 5th I got bogged down by; some sort of pre-Christmas crisis at work that doubled the number of part time days I had to work; finally being given the flat that was being built for us all year; nightmare experience of travelling to another city and back four times in eight days, for work and because, get this, me and my wife had to temporarily divorce because laowais cannot easily share ownership of accommodation in China but at the same time a married woman cannot own a home solely in her own name; and dealing with the chaos of preparing our stuff for removal to the new flat.

And the flat is now ours but; there are no faucets, there is no cooker, and worst of all there is no door. Yet. When is it coming? On the 15th they told us the 20th. On the 21st they tell us the 27th. I anticipate that on the 27th they will say " Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of your life".
How dreadful :-\
12-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #378
Veteran Member

Last night in the middle of a party which held to celebrate the longest night in the year (traditional Persian) I felt pain at my back, and still suffering from it. So no photo from yesterday and we'll see how it will go today. Now I'm resting and feeling better overally.
12-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #379
Veteran Member

I'm out indefinetly due to going home to my parents for Christmas, sadly without the lens.
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I used the Kiron 28mm f2 for a Single In challenge. That thing throws some wild looking bokeh.

And shows a distinct blue cast I was often fighting (or just went with)

I probably shouldn't have sold it. It's a unique and capable lens, but I have an FA 28mm 2.8 and FA 35mm f2, so the Kiron wasn't seeing action.
Wow, that is psychadelic enough for Woodstock!

12-22-2013, 01:19 AM - 1 Like   #380
Veteran Member

Am out for a few days with family stuff. Still shooting but won't upload until around boxing day. Hope everyone has a good Christmas!!
12-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #381
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Happy holidays everyone! I am working this season but with all the lights and festivities I am sure that the last shots will present themselves easily from now on. Have a safe and beautiful new year too. /Torben

Edit: Why say it with words when you can say it with pictures?

Last edited by Zorglub; 12-23-2013 at 09:41 AM.
12-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #382
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope everyone has a very Happy Holiday this year. I was really hoping I would make it through December, but working days about 10 hours and then having to train every night 5 hours for a new position ended up leaving me little to no time to edit or post anything I took.

I hope to make it back in January with more time to enjoy the challenge.

12-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #383
Inactive Account

Strewth...away for a few days and everything bloody happens!

Well the news about Bruce is a bottler (thanks Rod), and Wolfie...well someone will want yah one day! Bigted, that's mysterious, all the best Stevi and remember the nurses! They need care too cobber!

As for this thing curing LBA is appears it's a ruddy failure...but I knew that anyway!

Been hard to get back into the flow, posting late and not commenting much...sorry fellas. Especially to those near and far from the early challenges, I feel that you must feel a tad hurt?

So it's nearly here again, another Christmas, some are freezin', and some are boilin', and some are not sure what's goin' on!

All the best everyone, Merry Christmas. Politically correct...I don't care!

Cheers Paddy
12-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #384
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by patolds Quote
[I]?..and Wolfie...well someone will want yah one day!

12-23-2013, 04:15 AM   #385
Pentaxian

Glad to report that my photo of mouth furniture has received more hits (not Explored) than any other photo of mine in these challenges, except a photo of the front of a magazine cover.

This is a big moment and I can now retire gracefully, like a Swan.

..........PS but I will see it through to the end of this month's challenge
12-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #386
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by patolds Quote
Strewth...away for a few days and everything bloody happens!

Well the news about Bruce is a bottler (thanks Rod), and Wolfie...well someone will want yah one day! Bigted, that's mysterious, all the best Stevi and remember the nurses! They need care too cobber!

As for this thing curing LBA is appears it's a ruddy failure...but I knew that anyway!

Been hard to get back into the flow, posting late and not commenting much...sorry fellas. Especially to those near and far from the early challenges, I feel that you must feel a tad hurt?

So it's nearly here again, another Christmas, some are freezin', and some are boilin', and some are not sure what's goin' on!

All the best everyone, Merry Christmas. Politically correct...I don't care!

Cheers Paddy
Paddy, no worries. Merry Christmas to you as well.
12-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #387
Pentaxian

Merry Christmas Eve, all. ;-) with a couple of excited kids to wrangle and lots of Christmas to do, I might be putting up snaps rather than careful bokeh shots, but we'll see.,,
12-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #388
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Merry Xmas to all and well done on this month. While it's declined a bit as a few members have been unable to finish, I believe this may be the single largest starting group in any of the Single in challenges ever. The Bokeh theme suggestion has been a killer and I'm amazed what people have posted. I do grow tired of it though and am already wishing January would arrive allowing a return to sharpness.
12-23-2013, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #389
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
am already wishing January would arrive allowing a return to sharpness
I predict that January first will not provide any kind of meaningful sharpness around here!

Still, just shoot something else Tim. I might do a couple more landscape shots before the fireworks.
12-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #390
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
I predict that January first will not provide any kind of meaningful sharpness around here!

Still, just shoot something else Tim. I might do a couple more landscape shots before the fireworks.
Not likely to have too many opportunities for much else until January.