Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Winner - PP Challenge 118

Wow, that was some contest. I will have to admit that this was a very hard thing to do - pick out the winner. We had some really great entries this time around. But I have to choose only 1 winner, which is a shame as a picture is a personal preference thing. Something which i like not necessarily has to be the best one technically.
Anyways, here it goes:
We had 9 entries for this contest. Good to see people taking time off from their busy lives for this.

honorable mentions:
Bill2849 - wow...you really brought out the magentas in the sky. Really liked how it looked.
TenZ.NL- the tilt shift effect was very nicely done. Good to see you taking a different approach!
Atupdate - well we cant have enough of the gorilla. Infact my wife thought it was the best modification of all!
Astonm- i dont think anybody got as much details out of the pic as you did. Especially in the shadow region.

And here are the winners:
3rd: Todd - wow....you focused your effort on the sky and it really pops out with the dazzling oranges and yellows....a really fire in the sky look! well done.
2nd: D1N0's rendering of the new Amsterdam look. In many ways its a winner. Its transformed the pic to look a different era. And the effect is really really well done. Could be used in a livingroom as it is. And it probably stands equal to the winner. Another day, in another mood, i would have picked it as a winner.
1st: ArneTorp: The pic looks stunning in clarity everytime i look at it.The streets and the cars all are clearly seen. And i looked at each pic so many times. And then aligned them together and compared even. The effect is really well done, the blues and yellows of the sky is nicely preserved. The only drawback i felt was that the water was too smooth and it lost details at the shores, and a little exaggerated star burst. But I think as a whole, the composition works well.

Congratulations to all for taking part in the game.

Information for the next host:
The MediaFire website is: mediafire.com
The log in name is: pentaxchallenge @ yahoo.com
The password is: postprocessing

Last edited by Kunju; 12-02-2013 at 05:04 PM.
12-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #2

Original Poster
I am having issues attaching pics now, as my attachment folder is almost full. Is there a way to empty it. I cannot seem to find a manage my attachments, so that i can delete older attachments.
12-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Congratulations to the winners!

Maybe you can just link to their pictures instead of re-attaching them?
12-02-2013, 04:13 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations to everyone. A good number of entries and the entries were very good.

To post the winner, just right click on the image and then click on Properties. You will see the following URL address?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/26-mini-challenges-games-phot...llenge-118.jpg

Then click on the Insert Image Icon on the top of the message bar and then insert the URL address. The winner
will show up like below. And a very worthy winner it is.

Tim

Last edited by atupdate; 12-02-2013 at 04:20 PM.
12-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulation to Arne for a beautiful job of post processing and congratulations to the runners-up and HMs for your works. There is always so much to learn.
Thank you Kunju for an interesting challenge, for your judging and commentary and for the HM.

Bill
12-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Arne. Great Edit. Kunju thanks for Judging and second place! Was fun to work with.
12-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
Forum Member

Great challenge it was - And good competitors. Thanks a lot for choosing my image as the winner. I agree I could have used a bit more time on the water to make it more real. Good job everyone!

I Will be posting a new challenge very soon!

12-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Thanks for the fun and congrats to Arne (sorry 4 the late reply, I was outta town for a few days)