Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Winner PP Challenge 119

I'm sorry for taking so long finding the Winner on this great challenge!

After a busy weekend I have now gone through all the photos and I must say it was really hard to rate them all as there were many good contributions. I would love to say something to all, but it's just too many.

Honorably mentions:

Earl53: I liked the blurred out background and saturated colors. It made it look a bit toyish and a tilt-shift look that made the photo interesting.
wowtip: The way you interpreted the photo was maybe the most up to how it really looked that day. Clean and nice crop.
Scootatheschool1990: You have brightened this photo and made it even more interesting with the luminosity mask. I quite liked how you made it stand out a bit more.
todd: For a while this black and white photo was the favorite. I like hard contrast black and white - it just makes it all a bit more dramatic. One minus is that you haven't removed the hair on the sensor I had on the right side on the photo. But other than that, this photo was really great!

And at the podium:

3rd: CircleBack: The warm and soft tone in this image makes a whole different kind of feeling to the little cabin on this lake. Really makes me feel good.
2nd: atupdate: Changing the sky and darkening the scenery done perfectly to make it stand out. This is good work making it look real even with the reflections.Also you have removed the storage houses making the background even more clean and nice. It was really hard for me to separate this photo from the winner.

And at the top #1: kjarczak: Wow! You have made a massive change to the whole photo. Removing all houses in the background, changing the sky and adding sun rays. You have moved the scenery to an isolated place and added drama to it all. Good job overall. The only drawback is that the reflection of the sky is a bit too sharp and doesn't match the reflections of the mountain and the cabin. But either way I think you are a worthy winner of this challenge!

Thank you all for participating!

The winning image by kjarczak:

12-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Arne: great job with this challenge. I glad I didn't have to pick the winner from this batch of entries.

Congratulations to kjarczak. The sun rays was a great addition. One hint on water reflections, Gaussian blur.

Tim
12-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
Pentaxian

This is a deserved winner. Congrats!
12-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #4

Thank you everyone!

12-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Well done!!
12-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #6