I'm in for January.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388212014.782037.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  161.2 KB

Takumar Bayonet 28mm f/2.8

12-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
My favourite of the lenses I have. You should have a good month.
I've enjoyed the lens every time I've used it, and am eager to get more familiar with it. Good luck with your 28mm. I've not tried that one, so I'm looking forward to your photographs!
12-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
I'm in for another month.
DA18-135 this time
12-29-2013, 02:49 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think I'm in. I will most likely be using the Q with the 01 standard lens. Theme? I had a lot of fun this past March doing a "dog walk" month so I might just repeat that. I will be doing jpeg's since I have been spending too much time PP'ing in bokehcember.

12-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
I think I'm in. I will most likely be using the Q with the 01 standard lens. Theme? I had a lot of fun this past March doing a "dog walk" month so I might just repeat that. I will be doing jpeg's since I have been spending too much time PP'ing in bokehcember.
Love it! I should do that one day too, although most of my shots are taken on our dog walks. I look forward to seeing what you shoot. And love that you have a theme
12-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Past couple of days I've been playing with the Tamron and it's just not going well. So, for January's challenge I'm going with an AF lens, my Sigma 70-300mm APO non-DG Macro lens.

Perhaps in February I'll try the Tamron again. My eyes should be completely healed by then and I'll have seen the other eye doctor to see if I still need glasses or not.
12-29-2013, 10:41 PM - 1 Like   #22
Inactive Account

They reckon that thu time hazcome,
ta lay yah cards face down,
an' stand for whatyahold in hand,
or look an bloody clown!

From gentle mines-trations,
a-wispered from the west,
I ventured back ta join yas,
ta do me bloody best.

The internet did hold me,
at bay for quite a while,
we'd lost the rotten bugger,
and that did make me smile..

until in my frustrations,
occasionally I went,
to were until quite recent like,
some time I often spent.

I did try to get back on,
but to my own chagrin
Achilles never knew the rub,
I'd let a trojan in!

so many dollars later,
the interent is back
and New Year all awaits us,
an' I'll be bloody back.

Yeh...OK fellas.

Last edited by patolds; 12-30-2013 at 01:43 AM.
12-30-2013, 01:36 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patolds Quote
Yeh...OK fellas.
Glad we twisted your arm!
12-30-2013, 04:51 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Hi!

I'll be in. with my 55-300 WR.

I'll be working at Denmark, Aarhus for almost whole month so I need some activity for evenings. mostly SOOC shots...but I'll be in.
12-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Uhm, been watching the development of this challenge for a long time, and despite some apprehensions about equipment (everybody around here seems to have either a K5 or K3), and here I come with an ancient K200D. And then there is the time factor, but I am encouraged by the fact that some people don't always post for every day (an excuse No 1) and others drop out (excuse No 2). But such a friendly bunch here, I think I'll give it a go. May as well tackle something new for the new year. Undecided as to which lens, but probably FA 70-300, a lens little used. Or maybe the Sigma Aspheirical 28-80 Macro. OK, now that I've avoided OzzRod's Power Arm Twisting Threat .
12-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Uhm, been watching the development of this challenge for a long time, and despite some apprehensions about equipment (everybody around here seems to have either a K5 or K3), and here I come with an ancient K200D. And then there is the time factor, but I am encouraged by the fact that some people don't always post for every day (an excuse No 1) and others drop out (excuse No 2). But such a friendly bunch here, I think I'll give it a go. May as well tackle something new for the new year. Undecided as to which lens, but probably FA 70-300, a lens little used. Or maybe the Sigma Aspheirical 28-80 Macro. OK, now that I've avoided OzzRod's Power Arm Twisting Threat .
Glad you are taking the plunge Noel. There is a great gang that come and go from this monthly challenge (and a few that seem to be gluttons for punishment who make every month). Don't worry about the camera, I even did a month with my MX-1. I am passing up on January but I always try to check in on the Single In gang. Enjoy!
12-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
How wonderful noelcmn! Welcome to Singles In!

If it helps I shot half of my shots this month with my k100d, so really your camera is a spring chicken compared to mine.

Don't feel intimidated joining. Come on in, the water's fine. I look forward to seeing more of your part of the world in January.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to get a little cold feet on my part. I'm pretty sure I'm still going for a 50mm, am now thinking it will be a 1.8. Either my Meyer, Pentacon (which has barely had any love at all) or my tak 55 1.8.

Having said that, I've got a bad feeling I am starting to burn out a little and will need a breather after January. Let's hope it's just 200mm fatigue rather than Singles In burn out and I make it through all of Jan.

Last edited by wolfiegirl; 12-30-2013 at 02:52 PM.
12-30-2013, 02:44 PM - 2 Likes   #28

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
I may jinx things by speaking out, but with any luck I'll get to go home on Friday!! Almost 5 weeks after I was admitted to hospital. It will be nice to finally get home.
12-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
I may jinx things by speaking out, but with any luck I'll get to go home on Friday!! Almost 5 weeks after I was admitted to hospital. It will be nice to finally get home.
yaaay!!
12-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #30
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Noel, welcome aboard. But a caution these things can be addicting, though, they are a heck of lot of fun too.

QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
What wolfiegirl said, sort of, Yippee!!