Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 48 Likes Search this Thread
02-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am in, for March. I am going to Chongqing today so I will decide on a lens when I pack. I think I should give the 18-135 another try, because it was partly that which deadened my enthusiasm a few months back. Also I want to see if I really need the 100 I am currently planning to buy.

02-28-2014, 03:09 PM - 1 Like   #62

Photos: Albums
Hello all, I will join you this month. I am going to use to my new prime 77 which is giving problems finding proper distance. I feel as if I am fighting with it.
So, I am sure by the end of the month I will have a better notion of its limits. Of course Vorsord is coming along for the ride, the K -5oo has not let me down at all.
I am better, a bit stronger now, in fact going back to work full time Monday. I have one more scan March 11 for any signs of tumors or growths. So far everything is negative, which is totally awesome.
So capture well and often!
02-28-2014, 11:31 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Hehe, Just picked up a Pentax-M 100mm f/4 macro, today in the flea market, It was by chance that I passed there, and saw a guy with so many old lenses and camreas, he said he collected all of them since 30 years ago. But I didn't ask why is he selling them. BTW, I picked up this lens in very good condition.
When I showed it to wife and took a head shot for her, she said: "This is one of those lenses which make you beautiful" so, she liked it.
And I'm gonna use this lens for this month! haha!

He also had a nice looking Pentax 200mm f/2.5, but it was out of my budget! and so huge to me.
03-01-2014, 03:12 AM   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Canmannac Quote
Hello all, I will join you this month. I am going to use to my new prime 77 which is giving problems finding proper distance. I feel as if I am fighting with it.
So, I am sure by the end of the month I will have a better notion of its limits. Of course Vorsord is coming along for the ride, the K -5oo has not let me down at all.
I am better, a bit stronger now, in fact going back to work full time Monday. I have one more scan March 11 for any signs of tumors or growths. So far everything is negative, which is totally awesome.

Fingers crossed. Good to hear it's all negative so far

03-01-2014, 07:03 AM   #65
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Ok, I know it's the first but.....I'm not sure I'll get anything today. I'll try. I'm going to use my A 50mm f2 straight up no closeups. Ground is still wet and cold, I'm not willing to get sick just to get a bug photo.
03-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #66

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by Canmannac Quote
Keeping you in my thoughts. Stay strong!!
03-01-2014, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #67

Photos: Albums
Thanks everyone for the kind words and support. Things are going well. No hanging heads or aww shucks. It is a fight, you just need to stand up and whack the damn thing as hard as you can. No prisoners! Right now, no one can find anything (because there is nothing there!!). One more scan, and we'll see. So feel free to come stand with me and take a couple of whacks at it too :-)

03-01-2014, 03:51 PM - 2 Likes   #68
Veteran Member

I've decided to structure my first Single In... lens challenge. My biggest issue with picture-taking inspiration is picking a location to search out something photographable, so I've decided to visit the appropriately numbered streets in town, First Street through Thirty-first. I'm including Terraces. Hopefully this schedule will eliminate any doldrums I run into!
03-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I've decided to visit the appropriately numbered streets in town, First Street through Thirty-first.
Excellent idea for a photo project (within a photo project, in this case). Good luck!
03-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I've decided to structure my first Single In... lens challenge. My biggest issue with picture-taking inspiration is picking a location to search out something photographable, so I've decided to visit the appropriately numbered streets in town, First Street through Thirty-first. I'm including Terraces. Hopefully this schedule will eliminate any doldrums I run into!

Great idea!
03-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very cool idea. I'll be watching what turns up.
03-03-2014, 06:48 AM   #72
Veteran Member

I'm behind! Granted the last five days have been a nightmare. Anyways I'm gonna try and join up here if/when things calm down. I'm thinking it's a q month
03-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #73

Hmm, I don't know if I'll be able to actually complete this month, just got an extension on these shifts, 2300-700 one week and 1500-2300 the next, back and forth for six weeks. I did this same rotation during the summer and I didn't really do anything other than work and sleep for two and a half months... For example, I just slept for 13 hours.

Edit: I going to call it quits for the month. I'll still keep taking and posting photos when I can as usual, just not part of the Single In and I'll keep following your shots in the Group though.

Last edited by StudentBoots; 03-03-2014 at 09:10 PM.
03-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #74

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by StudentBoots Quote
Hmm, I don't know if I'll be able to actually complete this month, just got an extension on these shifts, 2300-700 one week and 1500-2300 the next, back and forth for six weeks. I did this same rotation during the summer and I didn't really do anything other than work and sleep for two and a half months... For example, I just slept for 13 hours.
Yikes, that's a brutal schedule!
03-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StudentBoots Quote
I hear that!

kinda feels like what I've been going through. but on top of that I've taken a lot of photography jobs this year already and have been overworking that too... no end in sight. Good thing or bad thing I don't know. All I know is, I really want to see my son.