Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Maybe.

I'm going to head to the local camera shop if I have a chance at lunch today. It might be a lubrication thing; some of what I've found online is at least a little encouraging, but sod if I know how to go about dis-or-re-assembly to lubricate/grease it.
There are a few good (apparently) Tak strip down/reassemble spots in the Forum. I checked them out before I started buying a few Taks on ebay - just in case. It seemed reasonably straightforward but it always does until you try it. But I do have one SMC Tak 50 I'm intending to have a go at. Sorry, I can't give you links as I didn't keep them, but if you type in your actual problem, I'm sure you'll find them.

And as bigted suggests - in the circumstances, just change lens for this month.

03-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #122
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Kozlok1 is a bit of a DIY lens servicing whiz. Maybe flip him a detailed pm.
03-09-2014, 07:56 PM   #123
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Kozlok1 is a bit of a DIY lens servicing whiz. Maybe flip him a detailed pm.

There's a thought indeed. I had forgotten, but he mentioned some big service/repair to one of his lenses recently, didn't he? Thanks for the thought, man
03-09-2014, 09:01 PM - 1 Like   #124
Pentaxian

Oh, I go away for a few days and you start to talk bad about me. I claim NO expertise. My lens self-disassembled, I googled, and then put it back together. Pretty much what I always do when things go wonky on me. That said, I'm not afraid of tools, and I have "the knack" with mechanical things. I suppose it's why I'm an engineer. It's really all about careful disassembly, mark stuff as you go, and then see what the problem is. One top-tip I will give is get a magnetic bowl from the hardware store and keep your screws in it to keep them from flying out. Also, magnetize your jewelers screwdrivers. It keeps the screws from falling on the floor. I suppose that's two tips.

This may help: Favorite Classics / Pentax Super Takumar f/3.5 135mm

03-10-2014, 04:23 AM   #125
Veteran Member

Well, I finally got up and running on commenting on almost almost all the shots for March so far, I am up to the 5th today, and hope to catch up completely tomorrow. Several things I have noted: The Q7 is a masterful camera in the right hands, and the 18-135 is a much better lens than I thought it was, going by the results posted by fellow singletons this month. Of course that must mean I have a poor copy of this lens - nothing to do with my skills!
03-10-2014, 05:04 AM   #126
Veteran Member

Just a note about my lens:
I love the focus ring of this Pentax-M 100mm macro lens!
03-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #127
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
Just a note about my lens:
I love the focus ring of this Pentax-M 100mm macro lens!

That's such an important thing. I was playing with my lenses' focus rings last night; my Takumar Bayonet 28mm has just. The. Best. Focus ring. I liked my M50's until the takette came along. The Tak 135 feels the nicest (except around infinity now >_< ) but has such a looooong throw.

I love the sound of that 100mm M of yours.
03-11-2014, 02:06 AM   #128
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, I'm sorry, but I'm out for the rest of this month, and April and May.

A unexpected travel opportunity has arisen, which requires a lot of organisation fast. I've tried to juggle it with everything else but it's causing too much angst. If I can't undertake the challenge conscientiously, including commenting, there's no point. I'll be lurking though and I hope to continue posting to Flickr.

I will continue to post the new monthly challenge threads unless someone else has a burning desire to do so.

Cheers (already feeling guilty) - see you in June.

03-11-2014, 02:11 AM - 1 Like   #129
Pentaxian

Have fun!

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote

A unexpected travel opportunity has arisen, which requires a lot of organisation fast. I've tried to juggle it with everything else but it's causing too much angst. If I can't undertake the challenge conscientiously, including commenting, there's no point. I'll be lurking though and I hope to continue posting to Flickr.

I will continue to post the new monthly challenge threads unless someone else has a burning desire to do so.

03-11-2014, 03:07 AM   #130
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Cheers (already feeling guilty) - see you in June
Have fun Rod! I hope you have a chance to post images from you travels.
03-11-2014, 04:46 AM   #131
Pentaxian

Enjoy. I hope we do see some of your photos through the next couple of months.
03-11-2014, 06:38 AM   #132
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, that must be some deal Rod. Enjoy and you will be missed.
03-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #133
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have fun Rod, I'll miss your Challenge photos and comments. And remember you can't always rely on TripAdvisor!

The Inn, Bethlehem, given five stars in spoof TripAdvisor review - Telegraph

or this: http://www.scotsman.com/news/odd/glasgow-woman-is-87th-best-attraction-in-city-1-3322416

Last edited by utak; 03-11-2014 at 10:00 AM.
03-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #134

See you in June, Rod. Safe travels!
03-11-2014, 11:59 AM   #135
Pentaxian

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, Manitoba, Canada

Have a wonderful time traveling and I look forward to seeing your posts to Flickr. Safe travels and see you in June too!!