Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 48 Likes Search this Thread
03-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #76
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm thinking of April would be better for me. I sleep all day and stay up all night. I don't drive at night so there is no time for me to take photos during the day. And my shaky hands aren't getting any better. I'm going to drop out for March and hope to be back in April.

03-04-2014, 10:40 PM - 1 Like   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mar, I sure hope you're feeling up to it soon. Post when you can, anyway.

It's been a busy winter with lots of work and lots of snow. So, I think I need to try this again after my aborted attempt in December. It got busy but the internet not working right killed me. I've swapped out the modem twice and it's working great now.

The lens for the month will be my new Tamron Adaptall 90mm Macro 52BB. Been wanting one of these for a while now. I'm feeling rusty and uninspired. I do have photos for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th, though. Time to get after it.
03-05-2014, 01:22 AM   #78
Pentaxian

Hi ya!

I have been really busy from beginning sorry for delay of comments... I'll catch up!
03-05-2014, 08:06 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Such creativity this month! It is truly inspiring. I have said it before but it makes me feel like I am out shooting with all of you :-)

03-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #80
Veteran Member

I have obviously not been able to participate. I haven't touch a camera all March so far, let alone take a photo...which is beyond strange for me. I'll try and join in at the half month or April
03-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

jump in whenever you can. you know the drill.
03-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #82
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
With the standard nonchalant-it-doesn't-really-mean-anything-who-knows-how-it-works-no-reflection-on-quality-but-i'll-mention-it-ironically sort of thing... My roses from the other day hit Explore.

I also noticed that two other recent shots did - despite only in the region of 200 views, give or take. One was dropped too (my sunrise with moon and venus). Bizarrely though, the other was my M42 adaptor.

03-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SUNOVA!!

fighting with my wife's packed MacBook Air and Flickr. I used iPhoto to upload the previous week, and in clearing out my files to empty some space on her computer I ended up deleting the set I created, and all the photos posted. That being said, i apologize for deleted comments, and will cease to upload until I return home. I'm very annoyed/dissapointed.

Keep up the good works folks, I'm viewing on my tablet which is pathetic for commenting (and its unfair to hog my wires computer)..
03-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #84
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
SUNOVA!!

fighting with my wife's packed MacBook Air and Flickr. I used iPhoto to upload the previous week, and in clearing out my files to empty some space on her computer I ended up deleting the set I created, and all the photos posted. That being said, i apologize for deleted comments, and will cease to upload until I return home. I'm very annoyed/dissapointed.

Keep up the good works folks, I'm viewing on my tablet which is pathetic for commenting (and its unfair to hog my wires computer)..

Doh!

What tablet, btw? If an iThing, I've found Flickstackr to be excellent.
03-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BlackBerry Playbook.. Sorely in need of replacement. Anyone use a Microsoft Surface?
03-06-2014, 05:28 PM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Anyone keeping stats on how many shots hit Explore per month? Seems like a lot already this month.
03-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #87
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Anyone keeping stats on how many shots hit Explore per month? Seems like a lot already this month.
Three of mine so far, although one (from the 1st, of Green Day) was not my primary daily post.
03-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote

I've just had a second - so it appears the wahine made the right choice yesterday
03-07-2014, 02:45 AM   #89
Veteran Member

Alright, I'm officially jealous at you all. I haven't had a single Explore and I don't think my shots are that bad compared to those who have hit it....

Nah, seriously, congrats to all your Explores!

Won't get to post my shot tomorrow as we'll go into Sydney this weekend so won't have internet access tomorrow night. Might get there by Sunday, but if not, I'll post on Monday.

p.s. Rest up, photolady!
03-07-2014, 02:52 AM - 1 Like   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Alright, I'm officially jealous at you all. I haven't had a single Explore and I don't think my shots are that bad compared to those who have hit it....
Just post a picture of a dog or a tree or even a drain pipe. Seriously, don't put too much stock into what Flickr thinks is explore worthy material.

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Anyone use a Microsoft Surface
My wife got one from Microsoft Build a year back. I had a chance to play around with it but it felt cumbersome and slow. If you don't like Apple then check out the Sony Xperia Tablet Z. I played with one recently and the screen is gorgeous and it is very light weight.

Last edited by Zorglub; 03-07-2014 at 02:56 AM. Reason: forgot to answer Mattt's question