Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2014, 04:59 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by red5isalive Quote
That looks like a great idea. Just not 100% great because I think I've read you can not use Auto-Focus anymore, wich is nice to have at some events, but anyway....

I'd have used it if I had it when my friend discovered his dad has had a nikkon with old lenses, very heavy ones, and wanted to try my old K110D.
So having this we would have attached her lenses and then played with the camera for a while.

I am quite sure with that option she'd have liked to buy my K110D,as I was replacing it at the time for my K-r.

Or even me I would have kept it.

In the future, having one of those, I am pretty sure I could borrow her those lenses, and who knows if my norge friend whom has a Canon 7D would borrow me some of his old non-using them anymore, canon ones.
I would love to use my Canon EF L 135mm f/2 on my K-5 and K-01!

03-11-2014, 05:14 AM   #32

I have a lot of Nikon glass, that I like to use with my Pentax!
03-11-2014, 05:16 AM   #33
Forum Member

PK+MM GIVEAWAY ENTRY

This Multi-Mount ring makes it possible to use a wide range of lenses. Almost nobody uses the old OM lenses because Olympus changed his bayonet.
Also have the opportunity to understand how good are the lenses of Nikon versus the lenses of Pentax and how not. This is a new chance for pentaxians.
03-11-2014, 05:28 AM   #34

Why do I want the PK+MM? It's simple: because magic.
Because old(er) lenses have a specific (some would say even unique per model) rendering of light and colors which brings character and magic to the pictures I take. One very good example is my old Tamron 2.5 24mm; by todays standards it would rate abysmal because of the ghosting and the flare and lack of AF... yet the pictures it allows me to capture are magically transformed through it and my clients are in love with them.
So this is why I want it and obviously how I would use is to bring to my craft today the magic of yesterday's lenses.

03-11-2014, 05:37 AM   #35

Pk+mm giveaway entry

• Why you want the PK+MM
simply because I like to have the widest freedom of choice... :-)
03-11-2014, 05:40 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Hope my idea qualifies. Here is what I will do.

Instead of replacing mount on my camera, I will replace the mount on my K-mount LensTurbo. Do I need to explain more?

Many People including me love LenseTurbo/Metabone adapters and this multi-mount adapter will amazingly make it even more versatile. This could possibly make a most powerful and compact full frame kit ever.

Sorry for the bad PP job
03-11-2014, 05:41 AM   #37
Forum Member

So I can continue using all my legacy lenses...

At present I have legacy film Pentax K and K/A lenses, but also Olympus OM, Contax/Yashica, and Konica AR lenses. It's the Konica lenses I would like to use as much as my legacy Pentax MF lenses with my K-r.

It would also come in handy when Ricoh/Pentax decides to come out with a FF body to compete with the Canon 6D for my camera gear dollars. I do love my film cameras, but it's getting expensive and inconvenient to continue using film. With this adapter my legacy glass can be useful on a daily basis again.

03-11-2014, 05:45 AM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by Gnarelsek Quote
Pentax K+ Multi-Mount (PK+MM) x 3 Giveaway by Adaptist

This thread is where you can submit your entry to the Pentax K+ Multi-Mount (PK+MM) Giveaways where you can win 1 of the 3 PK+MM that I am giving away worth S$98 each.

Contest Rules

- You just need to post in this thread on the topics:
  • Why you want the PK+MM and/or
  • how PK+MM will benefit you.
- You may use images, photos or videos to enhance your post but the usual forum posting rules still applies.
- For ideas or inspirations, you can visit my website Adaptist for more information on PK+MM.
- Please start off your post with the word "PK+MM GIVEAWAY ENTRY" so I can identify it.
- Discussion or questions about PK+MM/this giveaway can also be posted in this thread so remember to differentiate your entry as mentioned in previous line.
- This giveaway is open to all PentaxForum registered users regardless of geographical location.
- Do note that the current PK+MM can be installed only on non-WR DSLRs (except K-500).

Contest Period: 1st - 16th March 2359hrs US time.

- You can starting posting in this thread now, edit your post or post multiple entries but the deadline for posting/editing will be 16th March 2014, 2359hrs US time.
- Any edits or new posts after deadline will not be considered to enter this giveaway.

Judging and Results announcement
- I will personally review all entry posts and select the top 3 most interesting/inspiring posts.
- Winners will be announced on 19th March 2014 in this same thread.
- The 3 winners will be contacted and will have their PK+MM shipped from Singapore right to their doorstep by international registered mail.

So start thinking now and post your entry soon!

-Alston (Gnarelsek)
PK+mm giveaway entry;

I have a wonderful collection of OM lenses that I would love to try on my Pentax DSLR... and this gadget looks like just the thing to make that possible!
03-11-2014, 05:46 AM   #39

I would love to have this because I am new to using dslrs and this would help me be able to get different lenses
03-11-2014, 06:11 AM   #40
Inactive Account

entry for Pentax K+ Multi- Mount (PK+MM) x 3 Giveaway by Adaptist Read more at: http

Since I got seriously in interested in digital photography in late 2012 (a long trip to New Zealand was the motivation), and purchased a Pentax K-5 to facilitate that interest, I have been collecting old glass to fuel my interest. I know have a collection of OM, Pentax, M42 and FD glass with an interest in trying others. However, the added expense and hassle of acquiring and fitting the various adaptors that are required hinders things a little - especially since there is no adaptor for OM or Nikon that comes with a cheap piece of corrector glass in it.

So this modification would be a welcome addition to my K-5's capabilities.

Derrick.
03-11-2014, 06:26 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PK+MM GIVEAWAY ENTRY
First let me say I love Pentax! But second let me say that there are just a few gaps in the lens line. I have faithfully stayed with my favorite camera company through many years since the height of the Spotmatic and then the LX era. But now I am faced with a challenge in the new generation of long lenses. And I will only be looking at the Sigma lenses so I am not straying too far away from the farm. This adapter will let me compromise a little to save the love of my life. Help me keep the faith by making this small accommodation to the Pentax family line. There is just no better camera for photographers than a Pentax!
03-11-2014, 07:02 AM   #42

Pk+mm giveaway entry

Why you want the PK+MM?

because would be nice to share different brands of lenses among friends...
03-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #43

"pk+mm giveaway entry

nice idea to have so many choices and be able to increase one's photo equipment and experiences.
03-11-2014, 07:17 AM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K+ Multi Mount Giveaway

I would love to win this device because since I retired I can't afford to buy a sick monkey's lunch and this may be the only way I can get a new photo accessory.

Thanks for the opportunity.
03-11-2014, 07:40 AM   #45

Photos: Albums
Good luck to everyone

Last edited by carlosodze; 03-17-2014 at 02:38 PM.