Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #16

Pk+mm giveaway entry

- Why I want the Pentax K + Multi Mount
I want to try many manual lens on my pentax camera.

- How the Pentax K + multi mount help me
It will reduce the cost of buying the adapter and help me to get a better result instead of using the adapter (if the adapter get a correction lens)

03-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #17

Pk+mm giveaway entry

PK+MM GIVEAWAY ENTRY
I am a self-taught photographer. I have been using point and shoot cameras for over 8 years. It was mostly money issue for me. I bought a Pentax Q and shortly learned that I could use an adapter so I could use 8 Nikon lenses that my parents handed down to me. I have been experimenting with adapted SLR Nikon lenses on my Pentax Q. I have contributed the quality of this combination on these forums ever since I joined here. I feel like I have come to the time to own a DSLR. I love Pentax. I do not want to get a Nikon just because it accepts my Nikon F lenses. It has been a tough choice for myself. I believe I could benefit from this adapter because it will allow me to purchase a Pentax DSLR and use my favorite Nikon lenses. It will aid my photographic capabilities and further my progress as a photographer. Adapting lenses is something I'll always love doing. It allowed me to capture images I couldn't before...and on a budget. I will show you an image below that was only made capable with an adapter, my Pentax Q, and an Fotodiox adapter. I would be very grateful for receiving such a great tool that will further my progress. Thank you for reading.

Photo: Pentax Q + Fotodiox Adapter + NIKKOR-P 105 2.5

Last edited by MarinatedHerring; 05-17-2014 at 04:33 PM.
03-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #18
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Because it would expand my LBA to unknown heights as I'd be able to scour all the auction listings for lenses.

Contest aside - hats off to you for making a really cool piece of engineering and for opening up all sorts of photography options
03-02-2014, 02:28 AM - 1 Like   #19

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pk+mm giveaway entry

I’m currently in the process of making a cheap tilt/shift adapter for medium format lenses. I wrote about the first prototype in the DIY section last year (here), and I’m working on making a nicer, smoother version this year.

Ideally, I’d like to make a version of the tilt-shift adapter for a variety of camera bodies, but it would be pretty expensive to go out and buy camera bodies of all the different stripes, especially since all I want to do is check lens-mount compatibility! The K+MM would allow me to try out the adapter on lots of different lens mounts, for way less money.

I have a K-r that’s on its last legs at the moment, but I think it would be perfect as a test platform.

Some sample pictures!

03-02-2014, 05:11 AM   #20

Photos: Gallery
PK+MM GIVEAWAY ENTRY
"Open photography", this inspirate these original accessory.
If you know sotware's world, you know that there are open project in which brillant people give their contribute to create useful programs (often free), and in many cases it is possible to use different modules working together.
These ring can be a step to the open camera, in witch you can buy pieces from different vendors to built your perfect "Pencanik" camera.
A dream? Maybe, but we have the first piece now.

With it I can mount on my K5 a Nikkor 18 3.5 fish eye or a Nikkor 50 1.2 that a friend gave to me.

Thanks for your contribute.

Last edited by mymage; 03-06-2014 at 12:32 AM.
03-03-2014, 01:18 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The PK+MM would benefit me because I have Pentax, Nikon (NAI, E, and AI-D), and Olympus glass. I've long wanted an option that would allow me to shoot multiple types of glass on one camera. Sure, I could pick up a Nex or other MILS camera, but they don't have the feel that a solid DSLR delivers, and they lack the construction quality of a good Pentax camera. A MILS camera also requires a different adapter for each lens system, which means carrying lenses and adapters around. At that point, the MILS will take up more space than even a large DSLR. I would benefit from a PK+MM because I could mount it on an older Pentax DSLR and use the Olympus and Nikon glass that I want to see on a digital sensor. Really, though, this would allow me to thin out my camera body collection. Being able to use my old lenses on a digital body means I could sell some of my film bodies to people who could use them to explore photography, perhaps for the first time, themselves.

Edit: After learning that this can be used on the K-01, I decided that if I'm selected I'll be picking up a K-01 to mount the PK+MM on. This will allow me to mount other-makers lenses without fear of mirror impacts.

Last edited by K David; 03-13-2014 at 01:23 PM.
03-03-2014, 01:36 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
PK+MM GIVEAWAY ENTRY

I learned on Nikon. Still have some old glass. They are not great, but they render the world the way I first saw it. Grainy, blurry, color slightly off, but beautiful. In truth, this product may shatter that memory. Modern lens coatings and sensors have changed the definition of what's acceptable as color and sharpness. Still it's hard not to want to use it again.

Last edited by 7samurai; 03-03-2014 at 01:37 AM. Reason: removing original quote to save space
03-03-2014, 03:34 AM   #23
cih

PK+MM GIVEAWAY ENTRY
Growing up in India, my dad's Espio first hooked me to Pentax and so when I found myself in B&H New York I snapped up a K-x and bought a 2nd hand FA 31mm LTD from a forum member. It felt so great but my honeymoon was short-lived when in Jan 2012 it came apart from what the Pentax service center in Singapore later termed as 'could' be vibrations. Living in India, where there is no Pentax distributor, sales or support, I had to reach out to folks on this forum, to Pentax service centers in countries where my friend were traveling to, trying DIY repairs and finally after an ordeal of 2 years I got my repaired lens back in Jan 14 enabled by a network of wonderful friends and in spite of Pentax's support and distribution networks and after a repair bill totaling well over half its cost.

In an alternative universe imagine this scenario with PK+MM. I shrug off my lens as a lemon and spend the repair dollars on a brand new alternate mount lens and I get back 2 years of my photography life back. And yes it also means I can talk up people to at least try Pentax in India.
03-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

exakta?

would it be possible to manipulate the lens mount that mucht, that it will be possible to mount Exakta lenses too? The flange focal distance is very close to pentax and there are some reversible conversions out there, where people use a m39-m42 adapter with some electrical tape, then an m42-pk adapter with infinity function. would be nice for all the cheaper trioplans and tessars out there.

The other thing. have you tried WR mount cameras, what hinders the functionallity?
03-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Not entering just posting!

Personally this invention will help only a little for myself. keeping my eyes open for classic glass in second hand stores will become more fun! But I think Gnarelsek should be paid a merry barrel of cash for this, and Pentax use it in production cameras asap! Think K-3m or K-50m!! Keep the after market sales going and a whole new world will open up! The only downside would be hordes of howling Pentaxians buying every old lens in sight!!

PS- What a marketing boon this would be!! A camera with the ability to use multiple lens types!! I hope you become very wealthy with this!!
03-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #26

Pentax K3 put life back into old K manual lens like K55 f1.8,
Adaptist PK+MM will share the power of K3 with old manual Nikkor lens !
03-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by Gnarelsek Quote
Pentax K+ Multi-Mount (PK+MM) x 3 Giveaway by Adaptist

This thread is where you can submit your entry to the Pentax K+ Multi-Mount (PK+MM) Giveaways where you can win 1 of the 3 PK+MM that I am giving away worth S$98 each.

Contest Rules

- You just need to post in this thread on the topics:
  • Why you want the PK+MM and/or
  • how PK+MM will benefit you.
- You may use images, photos or videos to enhance your post but the usual forum posting rules still applies.
- For ideas or inspirations, you can visit my website Adaptist for more information on PK+MM.
- Please start off your post with the word "PK+MM GIVEAWAY ENTRY" so I can identify it.
- Discussion or questions about PK+MM/this giveaway can also be posted in this thread so remember to differentiate your entry as mentioned in previous line.
- This giveaway is open to all PentaxForum registered users regardless of geographical location.
- Do note that the current PK+MM can be installed only on non-WR DSLRs (except K-500).

Contest Period: 1st - 16th March 2359hrs US time.

- You can starting posting in this thread now, edit your post or post multiple entries but the deadline for posting/editing will be 16th March 2014, 2359hrs US time.
- Any edits or new posts after deadline will not be considered to enter this giveaway.

Judging and Results announcement
- I will personally review all entry posts and select the top 3 most interesting/inspiring posts.
- Winners will be announced on 19th March 2014 in this same thread.
- The 3 winners will be contacted and will have their PK+MM shipped from Singapore right to their doorstep by international registered mail.

So start thinking now and post your entry soon!

-Alston (Gnarelsek)
I want to try this thing, If I win....hopefully.
03-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #28

Pragmatists

Pentax users as a lot are pragmatists, I am a pragmatist and the PK+MM mount can significantly expand the imaging possibilities of a single platform; industrial Nikkors, Olympus microscopes, telescope astronomy as well as orphaned equipment are now easily accessable with my Pentax.

I want the PK+MM mount as it will bring new versatility into my aging Pentax K-7 camera, PK+MM will allow it document the world from Microns to Parsecs.
03-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #29

Original Poster
I am glad to see some nice entries and this giveaway is still ongoing and accepting entries until 16th March.

Also, here is a piece of good news.
This version of the PK+MM has been verified to be compatiable with K-01. Yes, the Marc Newson designed mirrorless K mount 16 megapixels ILC with focus peaking function.
Thanks to Caver for his help in this verification.
03-11-2014, 04:32 AM   #30

I have many old OM-lenses which would be very nice to use with Pentax K5. for instance 300/f4.5 would be most ideal for telephoto shooting.
Compact and robust, fits well Pentax portfolio!