Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2014, 06:11 PM - 2 Likes   #1

Pentax K+ Multi- Mount (PK+MM) x 3 Giveaway by Adaptist

Pentax K+ Multi-Mount (PK+MM) x 3 Giveaway by Adaptist

This thread is where you can submit your entry to the Pentax K+ Multi-Mount (PK+MM) Giveaways where you can win 1 of the 3 PK+MM that I am giving away worth S$98 each.

Contest Rules

- You just need to post in this thread on the topics:
  • Why you want the PK+MM and/or
  • how PK+MM will benefit you.
- You may use images, photos or videos to enhance your post but the usual forum posting rules still applies.
- For ideas or inspirations, you can visit my website Adaptist for more information on PK+MM.
- Please start off your post with the word "PK+MM GIVEAWAY ENTRY" so I can identify it.
- Discussion or questions about PK+MM/this giveaway can also be posted in this thread so remember to differentiate your entry as mentioned in previous line.
- This giveaway is open to all PentaxForum registered users regardless of geographical location.
- Do note that the current PK+MM can be installed only on non-WR DSLRs (except K-500).

Contest Period: 1st - 16th March 2359hrs US time.

- You can starting posting in this thread now, edit your post or post multiple entries but the deadline for posting/editing will be 16th March 2014, 2359hrs US time.
- Any edits or new posts after deadline will not be considered to enter this giveaway.

Judging and Results announcement
- I will personally review all entry posts and select the top 3 most interesting/inspiring posts.
- Winners will be announced on 19th March 2014 in this same thread.
- The 3 winners will be contacted and will have their PK+MM shipped from Singapore right to their doorstep by international registered mail.

So start thinking now and post your entry soon!

-Alston (Gnarelsek)

Last edited by Gnarelsek; 02-28-2014 at 09:50 PM.
02-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gnarelsek;2722682
- You just need to post in this thread on the topics: [LIST:
[*]Why you want the PK+MM and/or[*]how PK+MM will benefit you.[/LIST]-

-Alston (Gnarelsek)
Fun, just for fun as photography with versatile choice is fun!
02-28-2014, 09:46 PM - 1 Like   #3
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
PK+MM GIVEAWAY ENTRY

I think it would be a blast stealing borrowing my roommates Nikon lenses!
03-01-2014, 08:40 AM   #4

Pk+mm giveaway entry

Wow!
I have some oldies but goodies Zuiko and Nikon lenses. It would be really wonderful to give them a new life with my Pentax.
I was going to sell them away, but maybe I should reconsider.
This is how it should work. Maybe this invention could open up the lens markets too, and lens manufactures begin to invest more to the quality of the lenses.

03-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #5
Pentaxian

That looks like a great idea. Just not 100% great because I think I've read you can not use Auto-Focus anymore, wich is nice to have at some events, but anyway....

I'd have used it if I had it when my friend discovered his dad has had a nikkon with old lenses, very heavy ones, and wanted to try my old K110D.
So having this we would have attached her lenses and then played with the camera for a while.

I am quite sure with that option she'd have liked to buy my K110D,as I was replacing it at the time for my K-r.

Or even me I would have kept it.

In the future, having one of those, I am pretty sure I could borrow her those lenses, and who knows if my norge friend whom has a Canon 7D would borrow me some of his old non-using them anymore, canon ones.
03-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
While Pentax glass is superior, I wouldn't mind being able to use all my lenses. Sometimes I like how my Nikon renders instead of Pentax. I also like the affordable shifting Nikon wide angles-- they're excellent for landscape and cityscapes.

This is the closest things have been to an all-purpose DSLR. If I get my hands on one of these, I'll have to get another K100d, fit it with a split prism, and have all my hopes for lens usage answered. Now I just need to worry about extending battery life, and I'd have my favorite DSLR!
03-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pk+mm giveaway entry

QuoteOriginally posted by Gnarelsek Quote
- Do note that the current PK+MM can be installed only on non-WR DSLRs (except K-500).
Does this mean it WILL work on the K-500?
If so , I would love to adapt some old Nikkor, Olympus and Yashica lenses to expand my creativity using manual focus lenses with the catch-in-focus feature!
If the K-500 is needed for "compatibility testing", I could do that too...
03-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #8

Pk+mm giveaway entry

I am absolutly in love with manual focus and this PK+MM Stuff would bring it totally to new levels, not be limited on PK and M42. To look for the status quo, you can see that picture, with the PK+MM much can follow from Nikon, Kogaku, Topcon and much other lenses.

Last edited by willdmo; 03-01-2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: missing link
03-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pk+mm giveaway entry

I just heard about this PK+MM this early morning, and found it is an interesting innovation.

Pentax Non-WR DSLR users now have the opportunity to try more old lenses made by other SLR manufacturers and enjoy the fun of photographing.

P.S: I can't wait too long till I win this prize, so I ordered 2 pieces and got it mailed out today. I'll give 1 PK+MM to one of my friends if I am lucky enough to win this one. Just can't wait to try this PK+MM out, but I may need to borrow money from my 401K to buy more old lenses.

Last edited by jcdog2006; 03-07-2014 at 10:51 AM.
03-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is one of the most creative accessories ever invented. Hats off!
Yes, I would love to use those classic Nikkor lenses and now I can finally invest in a Nikon FF system while keeping my Pentax body as a backup and a few lenses (FA Ltd trio that will be buried with me whenever I die...).
Any plans to build something similar for Nikon? And how about WR bodies (I presume that the weather sealing wont be functional any more - but heck - I dont care if I can use other lenses).
03-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #11
Veteran Member

One concern is the lack of infinity stop. Any way to make thin shims so we can retain the infinity stop and have an accurate distance scale? I hyperfocal focus a lot, and this would be a MASSIVE plus to me.
03-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Unfortunately giving this item to me would not be beneficial because.1. My wife would lose all her nikon glass...
2. Said wife would get mad and either
A. Steal glass back and hide my camera.
B. Flat out take over my camera
C. Kick me out leaving me homeless and probably still keep my camera.
3. My LBA would triple with the following repercussions...
A. Refer to item C above
4. I would be forced to find extra employment to fund my LBA leading to more time away from home.
(Again refer to item C above)
5. My wife would be so impressed with this device that she might leave me for the genius that invented it leading to...
You guessed it item C above....
So in summary if you do select me as a recipient of this marvel of technology be prepared to one day find me at your door seeking refuge because of ITEM C ABOVE...

JJ
03-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pk+mm giveaway entry

This is wonderful idea for those photographers wanting to experiment with a huge range of different lenses without breaking the bank.

For me a compelling reason is easily seen on our local online trade site (TradeMe) when you look at the number of currently available lens listings:
1. Pentax: 50
2. Nikon: 350

Whats more I notice a lot of the older Nikon mount lenses are reasonably priced because most (by volume) of the Nikon cameras sold in recent years don't have an internal focus motor. So it would seem lenses with internal focus motors are more in demand than older lenses.

I have a K-x that is lacking attention and crying out to try this!
03-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Also, because of the metering tab, most Nikon users can't use pre-AI glass without breaking the mount! Looks like Pre-Ai will work great on this!!!!!
03-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #15

Pk+mm giveaway entry

I got into photography 2 years ago choosing Pentax because my uncle had left me some old lenses from the film days. Since then, I have started collecting a manual focus prime lenses which i use more than any auto focus lens. All my friends told me to switch into Canon or Nikon, I've stayed faithfully with this Quirky camera brand. Non-Pentax users will not understand the joys of using beautifully made manual focus lenses. The PK+MM lens mount will benefit me by fusing the wonderful prime lenses from years ago andwith the fantastic digital Pentax bodies of today. This will bring Konica and Contax lenses into the world of digital photography.