Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
03-20-2014, 11:59 AM   #106
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
thanks to the K for his fun contest
Your welcome. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2014 at 07:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by sam-joseph Quote
Thanks to Kerrowdown for the competition
I thought it was good fun, thanks for participating.

Mr. Kerrowdown, I've still got an empty spot in my camera bag.....
It was a close run thing, you were mentioned in despatches.

03-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyway, the lens would certainly be well-travelled. Just a thought.
Have you signed up for the Traveling Nifty-Fifty project? https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/42...y-50mm-81.html
03-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well congratulations Larry!! You've contributed so much to the general community with your Q experimentation and the Adapted Lenses Index (with hans) and the 'Reach' threads - you deserve a win!!

And congratulations to everyone who played - takes courage to bare the soul and post up! I've enjoyed following along and admiring all of your work and the good humor and high spirits in the thread. Should be more of that around here.

And last - thanks to Kerrowdown for sponsoring this whole idea. There have been a few interesting particpation threads here over the years like this that have been a lot of fun (I think we killed the 'Sightseeing Screwmount' SV but it caused me to find one for myself just for the sweet shutter sound).

Who'd 'a thunk a bunch of crazy Pentaxians could be soo cool?????
03-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Well congratulations Larry!! You've contributed so much to the general community with your Q experimentation and the Adapted Lenses Index (with hans) and the 'Reach' threads - you deserve a win!!
Thanks! Looking forward to trying out the lens.

08-03-2014, 07:30 PM - 2 Likes   #110
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wanted to update this thread to once again say thanks as I just received the long awaited lens that Kerrowdown gave away for this contest, which he himself had won as part of the PF contest that many participated in.

Thanks to Adam for making sure that the vendors kept their word of providing the prizes and fighting through all the delays for the PF contest winners.

I took the lens out for a quick street spin today and it performs nicely.

Here I present an homage to Kerrowdown's 'Practical Footwear' series taken with the DA50. Cheers!
08-04-2014, 05:25 AM   #111
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Truly in the spirit of the Kerrowdown. Good to see that the lens has found a good home.
08-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #112
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote

Truly in the spirit of the Kerrowdown. Good to see that the lens has found a good home.
Agreed !!! Nice capture, J

08-12-2014, 03:27 AM   #113
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Kerrowdown's 'Practical Footwear'
Footwear worthy of the title.

Think I need to keep a close eye on what appears to be a "Kerrowdown Wannabe" here.

Here's a quick fun link on the same theme... Hey Bert, see him... he's taken pictures of ma shoes, is that the Kerrowdown bloke I've read about?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/26-mini-challenges-games-phot...as-see-him.jpg

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 08-12-2014 at 03:38 AM.