Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
04-11-2014, 04:52 PM   #181
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry Sandy, I'm an offender to that. I'll tighten up future posts!

04-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #182
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Dear Bruce and Pam, our thoughts and prayers are with you in these trying times.

JP
04-12-2014, 02:27 AM   #183
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Update on Bramela (Bruce Stephenson)

Not good news. Pam advises that the last round of tests showed that cancer has spread to Bruce's lungs. Surgery is impractical and he is still weak from the earlier chemotherapy. He's still in hospital and at this stage there's little prospect of him returning home. Bruce and his family are bracing themselves for another struggle. Please feel free to communicate whatever encouragement you think might help them.

Sorry to hear that. Family is the most important thing right now, I'd think. The best wishes I have though.

---------- Post added 12th Apr 2014 at 07:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
, and I for one can't remember what I had for dinner last night, let alone twenty people's lenses.

me too for that
04-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #184
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Update on Bramela (Bruce Stephenson)

Not good news. Pam advises that the last round of tests showed that cancer has spread to Bruce's lungs. Surgery is impractical and he is still weak from the earlier chemotherapy. He's still in hospital and at this stage there's little prospect of him returning home. Bruce and his family are bracing themselves for another struggle. Please feel free to communicate whatever encouragement you think might help them.
I have been away from this challenge (and from photography for the most part) for a while now due to some extraordinary workplace stress. However I had a sense I should check in and I am greatly saddened to see this update. Please pass on my best to Bruce and his family, Rod.

04-13-2014, 11:10 PM   #185
Veteran Member

Bruce and Pam, I'm so sorry to hear that, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Best wishes for your recovery.

Could I ask that posters remember to accompany each daily image with a mention of the lens?
comments on photos should be posted where the images are hosted, not in the daily threads.
+1

Last night I came back home, well, now this bad news has me down. :|

And during this short trip and previous trip, I found that 35mm isn't a useful FL/lens for outdoor walkaround in travel, at least for me.
So, the DA21 or DA15 are better walk around lenses for me (in travel), probably accompanying with a 100mm macro.
And DA18-135 is good of both of them in one package.
And I'm feeling good that I'm learning these things.
04-14-2014, 12:08 AM   #186
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
And during this short trip and previous trip, I found that 35mm isn't a useful FL/lens for outdoor walkaround in travel, at least for me.
So, the DA21 or DA15 are better walk around lenses for me (in travel), probably accompanying with a 100mm macro.
And DA18-135 is good of both of them in one package.
And I'm feeling good that I'm learning these things.
I hear you with 35 mm as walkaround. Takes some extra effort. I'll be trying my 35/3.5 as travel lens in about one week at Cuba. I'm going for work/holiday trip one week trip. let's see how it will fare.
04-14-2014, 12:23 AM   #187
Veteran Member

Sad to hear about Bruce. Wishing you all the best in hospital.

04-14-2014, 02:12 AM   #188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I hear you with 35 mm as walkaround. Takes some extra effort. I'll be trying my 35/3.5 as travel lens in about one week at Cuba. I'm going for work/holiday trip one week trip. let's see how it will fare.
I suggest you take the A 24mm lens too, I think that should be a great FL for walkaround too. (I don't have a prime in that FL, but the DA21 is quite close)
04-14-2014, 02:52 AM - 1 Like   #189
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
I suggest you take the A 24mm lens too, I think that should be a great FL for walkaround too. (I don't have a prime in that FL, but the DA21 is quite close)
thanks for suggestion. I will take my Tokina AT-X 235 with me as it seems like not being sold...great travel lens with ultra wide 14/2.8 + DA*55 and 55-300...I just wish it was WR + DC motored.
04-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #190
Veteran Member

Just posted some photos from recent days I was absent, hope to catch up in comments until weekend.

Update about my lens, DA35mm f/2.4:
I like this lens, but I'm feeling that I don't like this focal length. it's not wide enough, nor long enough for me, I still prefer something in range of 24mm (DA21) or something in range of 50mm (DA50), those are very good in one way, and quite good in another! not just fine in everything. :/
Hope to feel better until the end of this month.
04-14-2014, 06:08 PM   #191
Veteran Member

I immediately quite liked the Sigma 30mm as a walk around on my DSLR (45mm equiv) and the 01 prime on the Q (~47mm equiv). I do like to go wide as well though.... so I have the 03 fisheye and the 10-20mm with me.
04-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #192

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
I've had better days (and nights). Last night I was at a local hospital for a sleep study (it seems I forget to breathe when I sleep - apparently not a good thing) and I had the worst night's sleep in a very long time. Add that to a 6;30am wake up and I was too tired to accomplish much today. Just when you think the day couldn't get worse, my iMac decided to crap out and I lost all my data - no problem I can use a back up - go to the back up and there is nothing there I can use - the what the bleep as it been backing up!!! So After 4 hours with Apple support I am no further forward and no supper either. I did get some shots but it's too late for me tonight (given my level of tiredness and frustration) but I will work on it tomorrow.
04-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #193
Pentaxian

Sorry for not commenting much. I'm having some odd Internet issues where I can upload just fine, but downloading pictures from sites (and particularly from Flickr) is worse than sporadic.
04-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #194
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
I've had better days (and nights). Last night I was at a local hospital for a sleep study (it seems I forget to breathe when I sleep - apparently not a good thing) and I had the worst night's sleep in a very long time. Add that to a 6;30am wake up and I was too tired to accomplish much today. Just when you think the day couldn't get worse, my iMac decided to crap out and I lost all my data - no problem I can use a back up - go to the back up and there is nothing there I can use - the what the bleep as it been backing up!!! So After 4 hours with Apple support I am no further forward and no supper either. I did get some shots but it's too late for me tonight (given my level of tiredness and frustration) but I will work on it tomorrow.

I had the same problem with my Mac-Mini a month or so ago, it wouldn't boot up, and neither would the backup.
Eventually I took the HDD out of the Mac, and used my MacBook to transfer all the photos and data files to a backup drive, put the Mac-Mini drive back in and installed the OS from scratch (via the internet -- soooo slow). Now I do a manual backup once per week, and keep separate copies of photos on a portable HDD as well.

Good luck!

On a separate note, I'm not getting out much to take photos, but I am enjoying everyone elses shots.

Jack
04-15-2014, 06:07 AM   #195
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm laughing this morning. Everyone knows the 645Z was officially announced today. And well, some people are searching flickr for 645z photos. For the moment, my lego figure tops the interesting index for the 645Z on Flickriver... all because of you guys.

Flickriver: Searching for most interesting matching 'PENTAX 645Z'