Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
03-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
As I mentioned in the other thread: I'm in. I've got a D FA 100mm that I need to put through its paces before the 90 day warranty on used equipment from the local camera store runs out. Hopefully the weather quits with this snow and freezing temperatures and I can manage some nice macro shots of flowers.

QuoteOriginally posted by hypernotactive Quote
A month with the russian MTO1100A monstermirror would be brave. And that is something i plan for a later S-I-C

03-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rashedul Quote
The 18-135 makes it way too versatile. Oh come on have some fun, add a bit of challenge to it and get rid of the zoom, add a prime. Or shoot only at 135 end
My two previous single ins were with FA31 and Helios 44m and I agree it is too versatile. But my thoughts are weather is turning a bit dodgy now and the WR could come in handy.

Maybe I should limit myself to 100mm+ as it is the only lens I have in this range.
03-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess I will save the S-Tak 50/1.4 for May. April looks to be a crazy month but I will play along as best I can. Lens TBD.
03-26-2014, 07:53 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I'll miss the K30, but I'm going to commit to B&W JPEGs from the MX-1 for April. It's gonna be tough. The Single in March challenge has kind of proved to me that I'm pretty much in love with colors.

03-26-2014, 08:06 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
Maybe I should limit myself to 100mm+ as it is the only lens I have in this range.
That would be good challenge.
03-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm going to give April and May (and probably June and July and ...) a miss.
Lack of opportunity and waning enthusiasm are my excuses. I also need to rationalise my lens collections as well.

Good luck to all.
03-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Im gonna give this a run for the first time. Gonna go with the Q01 prime, nice small package for carrying around all month

03-26-2014, 10:02 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
Lack of opportunity and waning enthusiasm are my excuses. I also need to rationalise my lens collections as well.
We'll miss you.
That seals it. If our virtual meetings are to cease for a while I expect a personal visit in the near future. You know where to find me
03-27-2014, 12:00 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
You know where to find me
I certainly haven't forgotten your invitation to share a wood-fired pizza
03-27-2014, 02:39 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
I certainly haven't forgotten your invitation to share a wood-fired pizza
It's still open.
03-27-2014, 03:33 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote

Good luck to all.

Hope to see you around even if not actively participating in the challenge.

---------- Post added 27th Mar 2014 at 09:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jezza323 Quote
Im gonna give this a run for the first time. Gonna go with the Q01 prime, nice small package for carrying around all month

Welcome to the challenge 8)
03-27-2014, 03:33 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
We'll miss you.
That seals it. If our virtual meetings are to cease for a while I expect a personal visit in the near future. You know where to find me
I'll try, but no guarantees.
Too many other family issues to deal with.

---------- Post added 03-27-14 at 09:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Hope to see you around even if not actively participating in the challenge.[COLOR="Silver"]
My work is done here for a while.
The oz side of the challenge is in good hands with you, Rod, Sandy, Susanna and Bruce.
03-27-2014, 05:03 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Oh man,

my fingers are moving and typing this down...must join again. I hope that you won't mind if I shoot some film shots along and post them later on as bonus. I have had itch for medium format, and I need to shoot some shots to encourage me or vise versa to make a plunge of buying(or not) MF gear.
I'll decide on lens later on. It could be 28 mm or 90 mm or 58 mm...let's see.

Here is image of my film equipment...I'd need light metering with that thou...maybe sunny 16 rule? how did it go?

ps. this is old old SI shot...

Last edited by repaap; 03-27-2014 at 05:04 AM. Reason: adding post script.
03-27-2014, 05:41 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll be in this monh with a still TBD manual focus lens. Need to decide whether to keep my MF lenses or sell them. This month will be a test of how good my focusing skills are so you'll need to bear with me and some OOF shots!
03-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #30
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I will be joining mostly likely but won't know which lens until after a few days into April. As my usual start of the month, not always on the first day though sometimes I do try. It's getting warmer down here which means the bugs will be out. I have a few lens I might shoot with this month. A new Pentax A 50mm f2, coupled with the other Pentax M 50mm f2, but won't have the coupler until a week after the first. I am in the process of fixing my favorite zoom lens, which unfortunately has fungus on the rear element. ;( So, I'm thinking A 50mm with closeups or the raynox or the newer extension tubes. Or the newly acquired Vivitar 2x tc, with the 50mm and tc. Will let you all know by the first.